Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Justice League: Doom

Postby jinpei05 » Apr 2nd, 2011 @ 12:41pm

Awesome. My favorite JLA story, coming to animated form!

DC Universe Animated Original Movie Producer Bruce Timm revealed Justice League: Doom will be the first title from the the acclaimed direct-to-video home video line to be released in 2012. Timm made the announcement during the annual WonderCon convention.

Justice League: Doom will be loosely based on the acclaimed Justice League of America: Tower of Babel comic storyline, originally published in 2000. The late Dwayne McDuffie adapted and wrote the script for the forthcoming animated feature. Further details on the creative team are set to be announced soon.

And I thought I was thrilled about Batman: Year One in September...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Re: Justice League: Doom

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 7:24pm

So there's going to be a panel at NYCC promoting this on October 19th, and Kevin Conroy is confirmed to be on it. Will the rest of the JLU cast join him? Does this confirm that they'll be getting the band back together for one last ride? Fingers crossed.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 27th, 2011 @ 10:13am

YES!!! The band is officially back together!!!

Primetime television stars Nathan Fillion and Tim Daly, the reigning voices of Green Lantern and Superman, respectively, join an exciting group of actors reprising their famed cartoon roles in Justice League: Doom, an all-new entry in the popular series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies due in early 2012 from Warner Home Video.

Justice League: Doom finds Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg and Batman on their heels when a team of super villains discover and implement the Dark Knight’s “contingency plans” for stopping any rogue Justice League member. The story is inspired by Mark Waid’s much-heralded JLA: Tower of Babel.

Fillion, the star of ABC’s hit TV drama Castle, made his debut as Green Lantern/Hal Jordan in the recent Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. Fillion made his initial DCU bow as the voice of Steve Trevor in the 2008 hit Wonder Woman.

Currently headlining the cast of ABC’s popular Private Practice, Daly originated the title character’s voice in the landmark cartoon, Superman: The Animated Series. He has reprised the role in two DCU films: the 2009 extravaganza Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and the 2010 thriller Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

In addition to current primetime stars Fillion and Daly, the cast is a grand reunion of the original group of actors who provided the voices of the Justice League for the cartoon of the same name and its follow-up, Justice League Unlimited. Reprising their roles are Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman, Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville, Breaking In) as Flash, Susan Eisenberg (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse) as Wonder Woman and Carl Lumbly (Alias) as J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter. Bumper Robinson (A Different World, Transformers: Animated) joins the cast as Cyborg.

The Justice League faces two sets of villainous teams in the film – The Royal Flush Gang and a sextet of notable evildoers. The latter group includes three voice acting alumni of the Justice League animated series: Phil Morris (Smallville, Seinfeld) as Vandal Savage, Olivia d’Abo (The Wonder Years) as Star Sapphire, and Alexis Denisof (Angel) as Mirror Master. Also opposing our heroes are Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911) as Bane, Paul Blackthorne (The Dresden Files) as Metallo, and Claudia Black (Farscape, Stargate SG-1) as Cheetah.

David Kaufman (Danny Phantom) also reprises his Justice League role of Jimmy Olsen.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 27th, 2011 @ 12:42pm

I didn't think Fillion was all that good as GL in Emerald Knights. Figure they've gotta just be pursuing him for his mountains of geek cred.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 27th, 2011 @ 12:47pm

LiQuid wrote:I didn't think Fillion was all that good as GL in Emerald Knights. Figure they've gotta just be pursuing him for his mountains of geek cred.

Well, that, and he's been a fan-favorite voice in Justice League Unlimited as Vigilante. Plus, Hal Jordan wasn't in JLU, it was John Stewart.

The only other voice of Hal Jordan was Christopher Meloni from Law & Order: SVU. I would've been fine if they got him.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 27th, 2011 @ 3:00pm

Was he the guy that did First Flight? Cause I liked that one a lot more to be honest.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 28th, 2011 @ 2:43pm

Yes, and I did too.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 28th, 2011 @ 4:13pm

Screenshots:

ImageImage
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 16th, 2011 @ 5:41pm

Trailer's up:

jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 1:31pm

Confirmed street date of February 28th, 2012.

Justice League: Doom finds Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg and Batman on their heels when a team of super villains discover and implement the Dark Knight’s “contingency plans” for stopping any rogue Justice League member. The story is inspired by Mark Waid’s much-heralded JLA: Tower of Babel.

Primetime television stars Nathan Fillion (Castle) and Tim Daly (Private Practice), the reigning voices of Green Lantern and Superman, respectively, join a group of eight actors reprising their famed Justice League cartoon roles. Fillion made his debut as Green Lantern/Hal Jordan in the recent Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, and took his initial DC Universe movie bow as the voice of Steve Trevor in the 2008 hit Wonder Woman. Daly originated his role as Superman’s voice in the landmark cartoon, Superman: The Animated Series. He has reprised the role in two DC Universe films: the 2009 extravaganza Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and the 2010 thriller Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

The grand reunion of actors who provided the voices of the Justice League for the cartoon of the same name and its follow-up, Justice League Unlimited, includes Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman, Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville, Breaking In) as Flash, Susan Eisenberg (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse) as Wonder Woman and Carl Lumbly (Alias) as J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter. Bumper Robinson (A Different World, Transformers: Animated) joins the cast as Cyborg.

The Justice League faces two sets of villainous teams in the film – The Royal Flush Gang and a sextet of notable evildoers. The latter group includes three voice acting alumni of the Justice League animated series: Phil Morris (Smallville, Seinfeld) as Vandal Savage, Olivia d’Abo (The Wonder Years) as Star Sapphire, and Alexis Denisof (Angel) as Mirror Master. Also opposing our heroes are Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911) as Bane, Paul Blackthorne (The Dresden Files) as Metallo, and Claudia Black (Farscape, Stargate SG-1) as Cheetah.

David Kaufman (Danny Phantom) also reprises his Justice League role of Jimmy Olsen.

The film is executive produced by Bruce Timm (Batman: Year One), and directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One), who is also credited as producer alongside Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series). Justice League: Doom is the final DC Universe film script from the late Dwayne McDuffie (All-Star Superman, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths), who passed away in February 2011. Casting and dialogue direction is once again in the capable hands of Andrea Romano (Batman: Year One, Justice League).

“Justice League: Doom has all the classic ingredients of a great super hero film – a cavalcade of dynamic villains, internal strife amongst our heroes, treacherous twists and turns, and a cast that brings together some of today’s popular primetime television actors with many of the fans’ favorite voices from the original series,” said Hersin Magante, Warner Home Video Marketing Director, Family & Animation. “I think fans will embrace Dwayne’s McDuffie’s final DCU script, particularly as it has been nuanced by Bruce Timm and the Warner Bros. Animation team. Warner Home Video is proud to distribute Justice League: Doom as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie.”

Justice League: Doom Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack has 3 hours of exciting content, including:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• UltraViiolet™ Digital Copy,
• Sneak Peak at Superman vs. The Elite, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “A Legion of One: The Dwayne McDuffie Story” – The skilled writer penned some of the best stories which consistently entertained fans. From his early writing career to adapting the popular work of All-Star Superman, this is the story of Dwayne McDuffie, as told by his family and friends.
• Featurette – “Guarding the Balance: Batman and the JLA” – Everyone has a weakness and so do superheroes, yet when they go rogue, their power can topple more than a few egos, they can shatter worlds. The Justice League is the most powerful organization of superheroes on the planet, but what if the Justice League went rogue, and decided to use their power for harm?
• Mini-featurette – “Their Time Has Come: Cyborg and the DC Universe’s New Diversity” – 2011 will go down in DC Comics storied history as a year when a rich diversity of characters were re-introduced into the spotlight alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. One of the most celebrated of the re-imagined characters is Cyborg, who became the new Man of Steel in Geoff Johns’ altered universe storyline, Flashpoint.
• Creative team commentary
• Two bonus episodes from the Justice League animated series handpicked by Bruce Timm: Wild Cards, Part 1 and 2, written by Stan Berkowitz and Dwayne McDuffie
• Digital Comic
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 18th, 2012 @ 8:43am

For all you lucky LA geeks, listen up...

Warner Home Video, Los Angeles Times and The Paley Center for Media proudly present the West Coast Premiere of Justice League: Doom , the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, in Los Angeles on February 16, 2012. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend the event for red carpet media interviews and a post-screening panel discussion hosted by The Times’ Hero Complex writer Geoff Boucher.

A limited number of free tickets are available for the general public. Fans in the Los Angeles City area wishing to receive free tickets to the LA event on Feb. 16 must RSVP via email to JLDoomLA@yahoo.com. Email RSVPs must include the fan’s first and last name, and a valid email address.

Tickets to the event will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis. Los Angeles Times will also be giving away special seating for the event to a number of lucky Hero Complex readers.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 24th, 2012 @ 4:41pm

The NYC premiere has sold out today too.

First clip (courtesy of worldsfinestonline.com):

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/dcuam/doom/media/video/clip1.mov
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 31st, 2012 @ 5:15pm

Second clip (courtesy of worldsfinestonline.com):

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/dcuam/doom/media/video/clip2.mp4
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Retro Clone » Feb 1st, 2012 @ 10:20am

has it been leaked yet?
Always take a banana to a party.

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
Retro Clone

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 1st, 2012 @ 11:38am

If you're referring to the clips, they're courtesy of Warner Bros.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 9th, 2012 @ 1:46pm

Third (!) clip, again courtesy of worldsfinestonline.com:

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/dcuam/doom/media/video/clip3.mp4
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 14th, 2012 @ 1:45pm

Fourth (!!) clip, once again, courtesy of worldsfinestonline.com:

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/dcuam/doom/media/video/clip4.mp4
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Retro Clone » Feb 19th, 2012 @ 2:36pm

it's been leaked...

Retro Clone

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 19th, 2012 @ 2:43pm

Old news. My review goes up this week after I watch a legit version from iTunes.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Retro Clone » Feb 19th, 2012 @ 3:59pm

jinpei05 wrote:Old news.
:o :o :o :o :o

Retro Clone

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 19th, 2012 @ 9:45pm

You can't possibly tell me the concept of piracy and torrenting is a new concept for you.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Retro Clone » Feb 20th, 2012 @ 8:18am

jinpei05 wrote:You can't possibly tell me the concept of piracy and torrenting is a new concept for you.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Retro Clone

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 21st, 2012 @ 12:35pm

My full review goes up this week. If you want the short version, I give it Image

Better than Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, and definitely in my top 5, right under Wonder Woman and Batman: Under the Red Hood
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby SerpentineZERO » Feb 22nd, 2012 @ 1:32am

Under the Red Hood rules, but I never saw WW or Crisis. I'm renting this on iTunes when it's available.
SerpentineZERO

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 22nd, 2012 @ 9:21am

SerpentineZERO wrote:Under the Red Hood rules, but I never saw WW or Crisis. I'm renting this on iTunes when it's available.

WW still stands as the best one. Crisis is worth a rental.

It's available since yesterday on iTunes.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby SerpentineZERO » Feb 22nd, 2012 @ 5:10pm

In that case, I'm gonna check this out when i get the chance
SerpentineZERO

Postby Retro Clone » Feb 23rd, 2012 @ 6:19am

good flick, my favorite is still New Frontier, or the Superman/Batman flicks.

Retro Clone

Postby LiQuid » Feb 27th, 2012 @ 12:12pm

This was an alright one of these. I don't feel like it did justice to Tower of Babel though. I couldn't get over the fact that all the "fool proof plans" to take out the JLA were just kinda dumb/common knowledge shit (I read the synopsis of ToB and the plans there were much more inventive IMO). And then the lynchpin of the entire plan, Batman... The solution to get rid of him is to just punch him in the face and bury him alive? How fucking stupid! They kind of address that at the end, that Batman's actual plan to defeat himself was the Justice League (oh how quaint) but it didn't excuse Vandal and more importantly Bane from enacting a retarded plan that ultimately sunk their mission. The solution for avoiding the solar flare at the end was total nonsense too, but chalking that up to Comic Books.

At least the animation and voice work was A+ (still don't like Filion as GL). It did peak at the beginning though with the Royal Flush Gang. I loved Ace punching Supes and Supes no selling it. :lol:

ed: Oh yeah, Batman had the best line in the flick too, where Superman was like "We only have 7 minutes to save the planet" and then they were looking over some plans and Superman in true doofus fashion was like "Maybe I can move the Earth out of the way!" and Bats was like "Even if we had a week I couldn't list all the reasons that won't work..." and in my mind he added a derisive "...dumbass!" after. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 27th, 2012 @ 12:35pm

For those of us who actually READ the Tower of Babel, burying Batman alive wasn't a contingency plan, but an edit by McDuffie. It's a natural extension of Ra's Al Ghul's plan to distract Batman by stealing his parents' bodies while the rest of the League was incapacitated.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Feb 27th, 2012 @ 1:06pm

I'm going by what was presented in the movie, not the comic. If Vandal wanted to succeed in his plan, which was set to murder half the fucking people on the planet anyways, what was the point of even leaving Bruce alive? Bane had him incapacitated and should have just murdered him on the spot instead of toying with him by dumping him in the grave thus allowing him to escape and foil their plot.
LiQuid

Next
Forum Statistics