Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Glee

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:03pm

For someone who says I'm on there ignore list, you sure do respond a lot to me...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:04pm

Yeah, you should feel flattered for that since I have to go through an extra mouse click to read all your drivel now.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:05pm

I am. Like you wouldn't believe.

When are you gonna come visit so we can play Mystara at Galloping Ghost?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:07pm

So what you're saying is, I have to keep subjecting myself to watching Glee, even though I've hated every bit I've seen of it, just in order to have an opinion of it? How many episodes do I have to watch to be able to form a valid opinion? 40%? 60%? What if I've seen just one episode less than what you think I should? Is my opinion still invalid? Are they all of a sudden going to stop singing all the time for stupid reasons in season 2?

Do I have to have watched 5,000 of the over 10,000 episodes of The Daily Show in order to have a valid opinion of that?

Quit being an idiot. You're employing arbitrary and nebulous standards in order to criticize my opinion, just because you don't like it and disagree.
Last edited by kenzo on Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:07pm

Except for that one, which I honestly didn't read. I'm going to assume it says that you are in fact flattered and that you love me and that you and kenzo should really stop trying to win unwinnable arguments about whose argument is better cause it's dumb and reeks of late 90's AOL.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:09pm

God damn it. Kenzo combo broke me, making my last post seem out of place, and on top of that he's still fucking arguing about semantics. I'm just gonna GGPO of this thread. Later folks.
LiQuid

Postby PillowPants » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:12pm

kenzo wrote:So what you're saying is, I have to keep subjecting myself to watching Glee, even though I've hated every bit I've seen of it, just in order to have an opinion of it?

You have to keep watching GLEE until you start liking it, that's when you opinion becomes valid. Not before and not after. How could you not like Glee. Glee is so good, the singing and the dancing, to all my fav pop songs, you have no soul.
PillowPants

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:16pm

kenzo wrote:So what you're saying is, I have to keep subjecting myself to watching Glee, even though I've hated every bit I've seen of it, just in order to have an opinion of it? How many episodes do I have to watch to be able to form a valid opinion? 40%? 60%? What if I've seen just one episode less than what you think I should? Is my opinion still invalid? Are they all of a sudden going to stop singing all the time for stupid reasons in season 2?

Do I have to have watched 5,000 of the over 10,000 episodes of The Daily Show in order to have a valid opinion of that?

Quit being an idiot. You're employing arbitrary and nebulous standards in order to criticize my opinion, just because you don't like it and disagree.

Oh, a temper tantrum. How perfect.

I hate Jersey Shore, yet I've watched all the first season now, so I can talk about my dislike of the show with absolute certainty and fact.

You can have an opinion on anything, kenzo. Of course, if you actually watch what you hate, I'm more inclined to believe your opinion is more valid and informed. Who knows, maybe you might actually like it.

I never criticized your opinion of Glee. You're entitled to feel however you want. I never said, "You just don't get it" or "You're dumb for not liking Glee."

You are just ignorant of Glee. End of story.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:24pm

jinpei05 wrote:You are just ignorant of Glee. End of story.

Uhh dude. 6 episodes is a pretty good taste of what Glee has to offer. It's a soap operatic high school drama set to a pop musical. I've seen the entire first season and that hasn't changed since it started. If anything the show was better in the beginning when the writing was sharper and it wasn't as soap operatic as it is now. I'd say kenzo has a pretty good gauge of what the show is about after 6 episodes.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:28pm

Also thought I'd add, as a fan of both shows, both are completely trashy, guilty pleasure television for completely different reasons and if either of you think otherwise (though Jin seems to be the only one who thinks his show of choice is some form of high art) you're completely deluded.

Even Nip/Tuck the Glee creators other show (of which I've seen every single episode of) was a soap opera dressed in a serial drama.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:35pm

LiQuid wrote:Uhh dude. 6 episodes is a pretty good taste of what Glee has to offer. It's a soap operatic high school drama set to a pop musical. I've seen the entire first season and that hasn't changed since it started. If anything the show was better in the beginning when the writing was sharper and it wasn't as soap operatic as it is now. I'd say kenzo has a pretty good gauge of what the show is about after 6 episodes.

You're right that it was stronger out of the gate than it is now. And yeah, the dynamics are pretty much how you described. But it's not just about knowing what the show is about. It's also about the acting performances (especially Jane Lynch), the musical numbers, the conflict of individual characters, etc.

Also I never said this was high art at any time. I said it was fun and nothing more.

This show is fun to me. Kenzo doesn't like it, and that's fine. I just didn't like the fact he used most of his argument to try and teach me an object lesson.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:38pm

jinpei05 wrote:I never said, "You just don't get it"
I would respect you more if you merely said that I don't get it. Because really, I don't. I don't understand the mind-frame that is necessary to find a bunch of dumbass high schoolers dancing and singing all the time as entertaining. I can however understand that people do like that kind of stuff and respect it. But again, telling me I'm "ignorant" of a subject matter because I've merely seen half a dozen episodes is just being a troll. I've given the show a fair shot, tried to like it, and watched more of it than I was ever inclined to.. and still walked away six episodes later completely hating it.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:39pm

jinpei05 wrote:I just didn't like the fact he used most of his argument to try and teach me an object lesson.
I don't like that you always start shit on the boards. ;)
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:41pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:I never said, "You just don't get it"
I would respect you more if you merely said that I don't get it. Because really, I don't. I don't understand the mind-frame that is necessary to find a bunch of dumbass high schoolers dancing and singing all the time as entertaining. I can however understand that people do like that kind of stuff and respect it. But again, telling me I'm "ignorant" of a subject matter because I've merely seen half a dozen episodes is just being a troll. I've given the show a fair shot, tried to like it, and watched more of it than I was ever inclined to.. and still walked away six episodes later completely hating it.

Fine. That's fair. I respect that.

So let me ask you: why would you post in a thread about a show you don't like? Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore it? To me, that seems a bit trollish.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:54pm

Posting about shit you hate is what makes the internet fun. If it was all puppy dogs and ice cream this shit would get old fast.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:56pm

jinpei05 wrote:So let me ask you: why would you post in a thread about a show you don't like? Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore it? To me, that seems a bit trollish.
Because I value dissent and critical analysis. Conversations are all but meaningless without it. You can only talk for so long with everyone saying only positive things about stuff before you've run out of interesting things to say. That's why Lost got a lot of talking-time on the podcast, and Burn Notice not nearly as much. It's fun to argue theories back and forth and meaningfully discuss stuff like with Lost; but all you can really say about Burn Notice was, "yeah... I guess that explosion was pretty awesome, and Michael sure kicked some ass this week."

I don't consider it trollish as long as the remarks aren't personal in nature ("you're stupid for liking this!") or aren't excessive to the point where what you're saying stops being constructive and begins to become repetitively abusive. I fully intended to just say my piece on the show and lay it to rest, but then you debating with me, then arguing, then misconstruing what I was saying (I covet their lifestyle?) so I just went with it.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:56pm

*SIGH* Fine.

Although you DID covet their lifestyle...

kenzo, can we be friends now?
Last edited by jinpei05 on Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 2:58pm

Holy shit! I think it's time fellas!

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 3:03pm

kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 3:05pm

YATTA!

Wareware wa futatabi tomodachi!!! :D
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 3:09pm

gajang chinhan chingu yeong-wonhi!
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 3:19pm

Too bad this thread is now a shit-covered wasteland... :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Dec 9th, 2010 @ 3:26pm

It's a new page - start fresh! Tell me, did preggers-cheerleader end up keeping the baby?
kenzo

Postby MrBiggs » Feb 26th, 2011 @ 7:23am

Was it really too much of me to hope that they would sing Hurt as their anti-alcohol song? Not that it's necessarily about alcohol, but I thought it would work.

Also, this thread was on the 4th page. Wow?
MrBiggs

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 26th, 2011 @ 7:15pm

MrBiggs wrote:Was it really too much of me to hope that they would sing Hurt as their anti-alcohol song? Not that it's necessarily about alcohol, but I thought it would work.

Also, this thread was on the 4th page. Wow?

Yeah, wondering if I should ask Higgins to take out the shit covered pages...

Anyway, some pretty good episodes since the Super Bowl episode.

I really liked PYT by Artie and Mike Chang. Dude is a sick dancer.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby MrBiggs » Mar 1st, 2011 @ 7:32am

Artie and Chang always perform well. I can't remember a performance by them that I've not liked.
MrBiggs

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 10:21am

MrBiggs wrote:Artie and Chang always perform well. I can't remember a performance by them that I've not liked.

The irony of this is that Artie (Kevin McHale) is an incredibly talented dancer, yet plays a character who is stuck in a wheelchair.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby MrBiggs » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 7:26am

Which is why Safety Dance was so amazingly awesome.
MrBiggs

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:24pm

Troof. Eagerly awaiting Holly Holiday's return this Tuesday.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 10th, 2011 @ 11:02am

Wow, Holly Holiday comes back to McKinley with a vengeance!

Good numbers this week, especially Prince's "Kiss" set as a tango.

So that's why Santana's such a bitch...

Spoiler: show
She's a lesbian!

Dunno if I quite buy that reason, but she's so hawt, so whatevers...

And Emma is still in love with Will???
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics