Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Glee

Postby Sokkratez » May 21st, 2009 @ 5:08am

Anybody else watch? Pilot is on Hulu. I thought it was good.
Sokkratez

Re: Glee

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 21st, 2009 @ 5:19am

I watched it, and was pleasantly surprised. It was weirdly subversive, which was sort of unexpected (although its created by Ryan Murphy, the same guy that created Nip/Tuck, so maybe it shouldn't have been so unexpected). I thought it was funny and entertaining, and the musical numbers were great (I mean, you can't go wrong with a little Journey). I look forward to watching this show when it returns in the fall.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » May 21st, 2009 @ 5:33am

Oh, is this just a sneak peak type thing? Didn't know that. I remembered seeing commercials for it somewhere, but they must have been on Hulu.
Sokkratez

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 21st, 2009 @ 9:37am

Sokkratez wrote:Oh, is this just a sneak peak type thing? Didn't know that. I remembered seeing commercials for it somewhere, but they must have been on Hulu.

Yeah, it was originally supposed to be a mid-season replacement show, but FOX decided to hold it back until the fall and have it be a part of their full schedule.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby jinpei05 » May 23rd, 2009 @ 2:01am

Just got done watching the pilot on iTunes, and I pray to the TV gods that this series isn't canceled prematurely. I think it has the potential to be one of the best network sitcoms of the upcoming season.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:33am

Never even heard of this, but a musical by Ryan Murphy can NOT suck!!! OMW to Hulu on the double! BRB, peeps!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:50am

Everybody hates me!

You think glee club is going to change that?

Oh god, don't you love a good monkey?

This might be the best show of all time!!!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2009 @ 7:24am

Holy shit. I'm going to watch it again. That was magical.

I've got the hots for Rachel, BIG TIME! :oops:
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2009 @ 8:52am

Just watched it again. It still rules.
LiQuid

Postby Info » May 24th, 2009 @ 12:26am

was also pleasantly surprised by this after watching it on Hulu. My gf and I are both choir geeks from high school so parts of it kinda hit on those old memories I think, but it was really good.

Fox seems to know this, luckily, they gave the pilot the prime spot of being after American Idol, and apparently it held a decent audience, although naturally not as much as Idol.

It kinda reminded me of Freaks and Geeks at parts too, with the cliques being pitted against each other.
Info

Postby Sokkratez » May 24th, 2009 @ 3:03am

Ack, don't jinx it with Freaks and Geeks talk! :P

The podcast overlords should be alerted to this pilot, I'd like to hear what they think on a show.
Sokkratez

Postby James-Kond » May 24th, 2009 @ 3:19pm

Wait what?... High School Musical: The Series, please
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 24th, 2009 @ 4:48pm

James-Kond wrote:Wait what?... High School Musical: The Series, please

Did you watch the episode? Its definitely not High School Musical (and yes, I realize that means I've just admitted to having watched High School Musical). Its darker comedy, much more subversive, and far less "perfect."
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » May 24th, 2009 @ 5:36pm

I haven't seen HSM (unless the episode of South Park and some SNL skits count) but this show isn't people randomly breaking into song in inappropriate places or singing songs to teach lessons. It's about a Glee Club.
Sokkratez

Postby racingfreak92 » May 24th, 2009 @ 7:55pm

I havent watched this yet but i cant imagine its good. It looks like Mean Girls: The Lame Drama: The Lame TV Show.
LiQuid wrote:I would never go on a cruise because I think whales are scary. Major Nelson went on a cruise last week and he posted a bunch of pictures and I was looking at the pictures of all the whales and even that was scary. Also large ships are scary.
racingfreak92

Postby Jaconius » May 24th, 2009 @ 8:00pm

There seems to be some clashing opinions on this show, so i shall give it a look on Hulu tomorrow. I'm a huge HSM hater, so this better not spank me in the face with family-friendly don't-do-drugs-isms.
Jaconius

Postby Sokkratez » May 24th, 2009 @ 8:30pm

Jaconius wrote:There seems to be some clashing opinions on this show

Take note, the people with negative opinions are the ones who haven't actually watched it ;)
Sokkratez

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 24th, 2009 @ 8:46pm

Jaconius wrote:There seems to be some clashing opinions on this show, so i shall give it a look on Hulu tomorrow. I'm a huge HSM hater, so this better not spank me in the face with family-friendly don't-do-drugs-isms.

Heh. Funny you should mention that; drugs do to play a role in the episode, and definitely not in a way that Disney would ever do it. In fact, one could argue that drugs are the key component to setting the story in motion. Watch it and you'll understand.
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2009 @ 3:00am

How pathetic that High School Musical is even being mentioned in this thread. Glee was created by the man behind one of the most fucked up shows in the history of television...
LiQuid

Postby Peatron » May 28th, 2009 @ 5:35pm

I finally finished watching it on the fox website after only getting 27 minutes in because of a poor connection, and was impresed by the number of people who have been talking to me about it since it aired. Any time I've mentioned it, there has always been at least one person who thought it was the best show they had ever seen.
Peatron

Postby Eleazar » May 29th, 2009 @ 1:25pm

I was pleasantly surprised by it. It defiantly isn't High School Musical or any typical high school themed shows/movies aimed at middle school girls. In fact the target audience seems to be more college aged to 30ish than 12-15 year old girls.
Eleazar

Postby Kira » May 31st, 2009 @ 4:56am

I watched it and loved it also. It was really funny and I laughed my ass off throughout the entire episode! Can't wait till the series starts this fall! :lol:
Kira

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 10:44am

For those of you who live in the Chicagoland area and are fans of this show, listen up:

Cast of "Glee" Comes to Chicago

GLEEK TOUR - The cast of the new fall comedy GLEE is hitting the road this summer in search of “Gleeks” at a mall near you! Cast members will make appearances exclusively at Hot Topic stores in select cities across the country to sign autographs, hold Q&A sessions and give fans a sneak peek at the new season of GLEE. For more information, go to fox.com/glee

Friday, Aug. 21, 2009

Hot Topic
Orland Square
500 Orland Square
Orland Park, IL 60462

Schedule of events:
2:30 PM Press check-in: HOT TOPIC STORE. Please check-in with store manager
3:00 PM Talent interviews
3:30-5:30PM Cast autograph signing
5:30-6:00PM Cast Q&A

Cast members attending:
· Cory Monteith
· Lea Michele
· Amber Riley
· Chris Colfer
· Jenna Ushkowitz
· Kevin McHale
· Dianna Agron
· Mark Salling
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 11:03am

Hmmm... On the one hand, I love Glee, I live relatively near Chicago, and I'd love the opportunity to kidnap Lea Michele. On the other hand, I'd have to go in a Hot Topic...

This is going to take some serious soul searching.
LiQuid

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 1:25pm

LiQuid wrote:I'd have to go in a Hot Topic...

Don't do it! Save your soul!!!!
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby LiQuid » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 2:08pm

I don't think I possess the tactical prowess to pull of a successful kidnapping with a one-man extraction team anyways. Even if Lea is really tiny.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 2:12pm

LiQuid wrote:I don't think I possess the tactical prowess to pull of a successful kidnapping with a one-man extraction team anyways. Even if Lea is really tiny.

So what, I have to pull off this kidnapping all by myself?!?! Some friends you are...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 19th, 2009 @ 4:59pm

jinpei05 wrote:So what, I have to pull off this kidnapping all by myself?!?! Some friends you are...

I'd follow you to the vast wasteland that is the food court to do battle, but Hot Topic is where i draw the line. :cry:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby GiantAsianMan » Aug 28th, 2009 @ 10:13am

6 sneak peek clips from the season premiere (which is September 9):

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... ed_kristin
GiantAsianMan

Postby locaz0r » Sep 5th, 2009 @ 10:00pm

Watched the first episode a week ago I don't know what to make of it to be honest. it's good, but I don't know how to describe it exactly, not quite my kind of show. I will probably keep watching it just because nothing else is on tv that interests me.
locaz0r

Next
Forum Statistics