Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Terra Nova, or: Land of the LOST (get it?)

Postby kenzo » Oct 7th, 2011 @ 2:53pm

My opinion is a mix of Master Higgins and LiQuid. I agree with Higgins sentiments, but that last episode was pretty bland.

Also, pterosaurs aren't technically dinosaurs.

Also also, I thought it was a nice touch that the slashers from the first episode had feather-like downs.

Also also also, LiQuid is freaking out about episode 3 being a "remake" of The Birds, but...
BIRDS ARE DINOSAURS DUDE
kenzo

Postby MrBiggs » Oct 8th, 2011 @ 7:09am

Yeah, except for the one doctor who said that they weren't birds, they were flying lizards. If I had the drive to look up a face palm picture, I'd put it here.
MrBiggs

Postby LiQuid » Oct 11th, 2011 @ 9:05pm

INFINITELY better ep this week! They must have heard my plea that a retard got eaten during the cold open! I hope they get over this mystery of the week shit pretty soon, but as long as people still getting munched on and dinos roam the earth this can't lose. Bonus this week was Crazy Soldier Man having Nam flashbacks. His character should be like that all the time!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 11th, 2011 @ 11:21pm

LiQuid wrote:I hope they get over this mystery of the week shit pretty soon...

I have the unfortunate feeling that this is what the show will be all about. It's like a Star Trek in dinosaur-land. Which is fine by me, honestly. It just isn't ideal.

Also, as soon as whatshisface came down with a cold I turned to my roommate and was like "I'll bet you a million dollars his cold is the key to the retard-cure." It was still an entertaining episode for all the other bits you mentioned, but this show is the farthest thing from clever and I hope I don't get sick of it by the end of season 1.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 11th, 2011 @ 11:32pm

Yeah the cold was telegraphed a mile away. This is primetime network TV though, where most people don't have the decades of sci fi geekdom under their belts like we do. You know though, all Trek (and all similar Trek-ish space opera shows) start off super shitty too, and don't have man eating dinosaurs to fall back on, so as far as I'm concerned TN has a leg up.

I really just hope they can find a way to balance the budget to make episodes profitable considering what it has as a sustainable fanbase. This episode dropped from 8.73 (last week) to 7 million viewers, no doubt due to last week's episode being so fucking stupid. I have a feeling by the time the dust settles it'll drop even lower (maybe 5 milli is a good settling point?). Fox is hella trigger happy about cancellation though, so who knows what they're willing to accept.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:14am

Prediction: the show will get cancelled after the first season, and a million fanboys cry out in terror, inundating the conversation with insane levels of hyperbole about how this is the new best show ever to get cancelled by FOX. Hopefully what comes out of this inevitable cacophony is that people finally forget about Firefly. :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:24am

I guarantee you this show will have zero fanboys. I love it and I'm not even a fanboy.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:28am

If horrible shit like Twilight and Avatar can score legions of fans, so can Terra Nova. For once, you're vastly overestimating the human race.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:31am

The difference is that Twilight and Avatar have fantastical humanized creatures that provide a magical, fantastical experience to dull human lives. Dinosaurs just eat people. There's no comparison.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:33am

LiQuid wrote:The difference is that Twilight and Avatar have fantastical humanized creatures that provide a magical, fantastical experience to dull human lives. Dinosaurs just eat people. There's no comparison.

You're being silly. People love the dinos.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 12th, 2011 @ 3:36am

No, people love Jurassic Park, because it was phenomenal and it did dinosaurs in a totally unprecedented way (and once again magical and fantastical way that enhanced our dull, human lives). They quickly got over the franchise once it started sucking (read: once it became solely about dinosaurs eating people).
LiQuid

Postby MrBiggs » Oct 15th, 2011 @ 8:57pm

Was last week's episode pre-empted by baseball for everyone else or just me? I only just got around to watching it on Hulu today because my DVR only caught baseball.

The reason Avatar has fans is because of the technical achievements of the CG and 3D. The reason Twilight has fans is because of the sex appeal. So far Terra Nova has neither.
MrBiggs

Postby LiQuid » Oct 15th, 2011 @ 11:45pm

DVR is antiquated. I watched that shit via torrent an hour after it would have aired here.

Thank you for agreeing with me that Terra Nova sucks but rules.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 18th, 2011 @ 1:41am

Another terrible episode. Probably the worst so far. It was like watching an episode of 7th Heaven with 30 seconds of dinosaur thrown in at the end. Unlike the inhabitants of this dumb show I called the little girl spy shit the second she was caught. You can't fool LiQuid, stupid TV writers!

They're really drip feeding the intrigue way too slowly for a show that barely features any fucking dinosaurs. Yeah, we get it, Terra Nova's a big lie, whatever, spit it the fuck out. All this stupid grandstanding between the Sixers and the Terra Nova blowhards is already tiring but at least the Sixers look super retarded (seriously, they look like a mix between the Dothraki and the Lost Boys from Hook) so regardless of who the real good guys are, I'm rooting for them.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 18th, 2011 @ 6:39am

I think they're airing the episodes out of order.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Oct 18th, 2011 @ 12:27pm

There doesn't even need to be an order at this point. They are so boringly episodic with almost no continuity or developing story between them all.

I can see Fox having their grubby mitts in this show so bad trying to salvage it like they do with other shows, but who do you really blame for these totally unoriginal, predictable storylines, bland, lifeless characters and completely lack of dinosaurs? The show is squandering so god damned much potential it hurts.
LiQuid

Postby Creep » Oct 19th, 2011 @ 2:49pm

Creep

Postby LiQuid » Oct 19th, 2011 @ 2:54pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
LiQuid

Postby GiantAsianMan » Oct 19th, 2011 @ 4:48pm

Creep wrote:Image

That is fucking phenomenal. I think that elevates the show a little bit for me.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 19th, 2011 @ 8:29pm

AMAZING
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Oct 19th, 2011 @ 8:45pm

I have a renewed zeal for this show now as well. I can't stop laughing at that.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 2nd, 2011 @ 12:49am

Wow, GREAT episode this week! Dino Assassin in the cold open? Check. Dino hunt on jeeps and motorbikes straight out of The Lost World? Check. CSI Dino? Check. Morally Ambiguous Aussie? Check. This show just got about ten million times better in the span of a single episode. Sadly since its last episode (which aired prior to the forced hiatus due to the World Series) it lost a large chunk of viewers, falling from 7 milli to about 5 and a half milli. Kind of a shame the best episode, and the one I've been waiting a half dozen episodes for was the weakest rated yet. Don't give up on it folks!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 2nd, 2011 @ 6:00am

Based on the preview, the next episode is going to be great.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Nov 2nd, 2011 @ 11:46am

Is it possible to get greater?!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 12:48am

Anybody still watching this baller shit anymore? This week's episode was SO GOOD. After the first ten minutes which felt like they were hitting the character development panic button and a little scattered Seventh Heaven bullshit scattered about the rest of the episode was DOPE! Big ass EMP meteor. Captain Badass and Dad on Mars beating the shit out of Sixers. Fucking spinosaurus rushing the colony. This episode had the budget of every episode up to it combined! Also they threw in a big [WTF Spoilarz!] at the end! Way to go Terra Nova for proving me wrong two weeks in a row and being one of the cooler shows I'm currently watching! Big ups!
LiQuid

Postby MrBiggs » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 8:21am

I'm still in it. I found the latest episode better than the rest, but that's not saying much. I'll hang on until the end of the season. From interviews I've read it's supposed to get even better.
MrBiggs

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 2:50pm

Got an episode queue'd up on the DVR to watch.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:38pm

Well fucking watch it! What are you doing tell us about it?
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 11th, 2011 @ 7:12am

My DVR recorded it with no sound and when I try to watch it on the On Demand I get an error after 2 seconds and it stops playing.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Nov 11th, 2011 @ 7:30am

That's what pirating is for, Mr_eX.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics