Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Jul 17th, 2013 @ 4:06am

Best toon of the 21st century maybe?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby dakazu » Mar 15th, 2014 @ 3:05am

Jesus, I just caught up with the last 5 episodes and 'Betty' and 'LemonHope' were really awesome.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby GoodLordMan » Mar 18th, 2014 @ 9:38pm

lemon hope was the most messed up thing I had seen in a while
GoodLordMan
User avatar
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Dec 14th, 2013 @ 5:29am

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Apr 21st, 2014 @ 2:37am

They let Masaaki Yuasa make an episode of Adventure Time. Here's the first three glorious minutes:



This man is probably one of the more inventive and creative minds left in anime. His shows are amazing. This should be amazing.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 21st, 2014 @ 4:23am

That was pretty great, but we all know all food chains in Ooo end at the Cosmic Owl.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2014 @ 4:26am

That was dumb.

Finn's voice sounds different. I haven't watched the show in a while did that kid's balls drop irl?
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Apr 21st, 2014 @ 2:30pm

His balls dropped in the show. Half the episodes nowadays are about whoever flavor of the week he's dating or pining for now.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 21st, 2014 @ 7:42pm

Spoiler: show
Aaaaaaand there goes the arm!

Finally. They've been foreshadowing that for ages.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby darfox8 » Apr 22nd, 2014 @ 8:42pm

I really liked the start of the season. Was fucked up and hilarious in a lot of ways. This episode did so many dark things it's impressive they keep the weird random tone, as appose to it just being nightmare fuel for young kids. It's probably is nightmare fuel for kids.

Spoiler: show
Between Prismo's corporeal body getting turned to ash while alive and awake, Finn's dad being an ass, the Lich's speech, and Finn losing his arm. There were a bunch of bombs dropped.


Spoilies
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Apr 22nd, 2014 @ 9:22pm

Why is the Lich even around still. Like, it was neat in the first season or so when things in the background would come back again. But like, what is this "canon" nonsense? Why is there so many reoccouring characters outside of the main handful of dudes? WTF happened to going on rad adventures all the time? This show is called ADVENTURE TIME. Not EXPLORE PUBERTY ABSTRACTLY TIME.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby darfox8 » Apr 22nd, 2014 @ 9:58pm

The show still manages to take the characters on crazy adventurers. I would agree with you if the show wasn't heavily compartmetalized and varied. There's many episodes in season 5 that you haven't seen yet that are as random as anything in the beginning of the show. Even with heavy canon the name Adventure Time is very appropriate for this show. Like this new episode the adventure was them getting to the citadel and finding an escape, and the fact that the Lich was there or the reason that they went to the citadel doesn't make it any less of a crazy adventure.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » May 4th, 2014 @ 9:52am

kenzo wrote:Why is the Lich even around still. Like, it was neat in the first season or so when things in the background would come back again. But like, what is this "canon" nonsense? Why is there so many reoccouring characters outside of the main handful of dudes? WTF happened to going on rad adventures all the time? This show is called ADVENTURE TIME. Not EXPLORE PUBERTY ABSTRACTLY TIME.
Get cancer please. The metaplots of Adventure Time are the best things about the show. And I'm kinda pissed they might have turned The Lich into Catbug.

Although everything revolving around Finn's romantic relationships is terrible. Mainly because he's so terrible at it that it's uncomfortable to watch.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby GoodLordMan » May 4th, 2014 @ 11:36am

darfox8 wrote:I really liked the start of the season. Was fucked up and hilarious in a lot of ways. This episode did so many dark things it's impressive they keep the weird random tone, as appose to it just being nightmare fuel for young kids. It's probably is nightmare fuel for kids.

Spoiler: show
Between Prismo's corporeal body getting turned to ash while alive and awake, Finn's dad being an ass, the Lich's speech, and Finn losing his arm. There were a bunch of bombs dropped.


Spoilies

gotta love dramatic ron perlman speeches
GoodLordMan
User avatar
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Dec 14th, 2013 @ 5:29am

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby dakazu » Jun 17th, 2014 @ 1:26am

dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby LiQuid » Jun 17th, 2014 @ 2:47am

What the fuck happened to Adventure Time?! It's like bad anime now. Jesus fucking hell.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Jun 17th, 2014 @ 2:54am

LiQuid wrote:What the fuck happened to Adventure Time?! It's like bad anime now. Jesus fucking hell.
They invited an anime dude to make this episode. It's fucking fantastic, and you're a sad sad person.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby LiQuid » Jun 17th, 2014 @ 3:04am

Hahahahaha Are you serious? That explains all the garbage, 2-frame animation and the absence of background detail. Is this the only episode like this? I haven't watched the show since season 2 and would hate for it to have become this.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby darfox8 » Jan 13th, 2015 @ 10:15am

Caught up with Adventure Time.

I love how people were complaining that this show doesn't have random adventure any more. Out of like 20 episodes there might be one "lore" episode. There was an episode about Prismo which I thought was great. I really like the "Jake's a Brick" episode. PB is once again being pushed as the OTP. But I feel like it's better off being a knightly type of thing. Or a waifu type of thing, like he can never be with her.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 13th, 2015 @ 10:27am

I am 32 episodes behind on this show, and 20 behind on Steven Universe.
CrossXhunteR
User avatar
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2010 @ 2:09pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby darfox8 » Jan 13th, 2015 @ 11:00am

Haven't even started Stever's universe.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 13th, 2015 @ 11:37am

It's cute. Short episodes and it hasn't been on long enough to gain Adventure Time's ridiculous episode count.
CrossXhunteR
User avatar
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Jul 3rd, 2010 @ 2:09pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby dakazu » Jan 14th, 2015 @ 2:14am

PB is gross. I don't like that they're trying to make that relationship work again.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Jan 14th, 2015 @ 2:34am

PB is best grill.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 11th, 2015 @ 1:07am

LiQuid wrote:I haven't watched the show since season 2 and would hate for it to have become this.

No you wouldn't. If you couldn't be bothered to watch the show for 4 years, you don't give a shit what it may or may not have become.

darfox8 wrote:PB is once again being pushed as the OTP. But I feel like it's better off being a knightly type of thing. Or a waifu type of thing, like he can never be with her.

He's like 15 and she's hundreds of years old. It'd be super creepy for them to be together. In the same way rational people recognize that Twilight's main relationship is creepy as fuck.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Feb 11th, 2015 @ 1:15am

DarthEnder wrote:He's like 15 and she's hundreds of years old. It'd be super creepy for them to be together. In the same way rational people recognize that Twilight's main relationship is creepy as fuck.
Is it actually creepy? You're talking hypothetical scenarios that can't exist IRL. The argument is 100% academic and meaningless.

Person A in a relationship is 20. The other person is Person B, and they're 80. Is it actually creepy because there's a 4x year age gap? Or is it creepy because we don't like the notion of old looking people hooking up with young looking people? Would you care if a 200 year old person hooked up with an 800 year old person?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby LiQuid » Feb 11th, 2015 @ 1:25am

DarthEnder wrote:
LiQuid wrote:I haven't watched the show since season 2 and would hate for it to have become this.

No you wouldn't. If you couldn't be bothered to watch the show for 4 years, you don't give a shit what it may or may not have become.

I haven't fucked your mom in a 4 years either but I hope she's doing alright. Have her call me.

Seriously, did that make any sense in your head before you typed it?
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 12th, 2015 @ 12:38am

kenzo wrote:Is it actually creepy? You're talking hypothetical scenarios that can't exist IRL. The argument is 100% academic and meaningless.

But the story exists. Which means the STORY can be creepy.

kenzo wrote:Person A in a relationship is 20. The other person is Person B, and they're 80. Is it actually creepy because there's a 4x year age gap?

No, it's creepy because person A in both Adventure Time and Twilight are NOT 20. 17 and 400 is just as creepy as 17 and 30. It's about someone with a vast wealth of life experience using that to exploit somebody with little to none.

AT tries to handwave it by saying that PB's age is directly related to her biomass. Which is nonsense because even though she's "Age 18" she still remembers everything that's happened to her in the past several centuries.

LiQuid wrote:Seriously, did that make any sense in your head before you typed it?

Show is readily available + Hasn't watched show in 4 years = Doesn't care about show.

Doesn't care about show = Does not have emotional attachment to current status of show .·. cannot hate what show may or may not have become.


Yep, math checks out.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby kenzo » Feb 12th, 2015 @ 8:59am

DarthEnder wrote:Show is readily available + Hasn't watched show in 4 years = Doesn't care about show.

Doesn't care about show = Does not have emotional attachment to current status of show .·. cannot hate what show may or may not have become.

Yep, math checks out.
> I just came back from being deployed overseas for 4 years.
> I'm not allowed to care about Adventure Time or what's become of it in my absence.


Welp. :roll:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 12th, 2015 @ 11:21pm

kenzo wrote:> I just came back from being deployed overseas for 4 years.
He didn't though.

You DO enjoy trying to add nonexistent factors into arguments don't you.
DarthEnder
User avatar
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Apr 27th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: NinjaPirate HQ

Re: Adventure Time!

Postby LiQuid » Feb 12th, 2015 @ 11:41pm

What the fuck do you know about the circumstances by which I do or don't watch Adventure Time you sniveling piece of cunt trash? How is it even relevant? I care about a lot of things I don't have the means to engage with on a regular, or hell even infrequent basis.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron