Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Doctor Who Season 6

Postby Konanda » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 4:57am

LiQuid wrote:1. How could you not have liked that episode? It was fucking bananas, and it had a minotaur.

2. Best episode of the season so far.

3. Congratulations to Konanda for figuring out the episode was about faith when it was named The Motherfucking God Complex and the cold open consisted of a girl repeating the line "Praise Him!" Truly your intellect is something to be celebrated! If real life were an episode of Doctor Who we would all be fucking murdered by Space Minotaur who would have absolutely no trouble feeding off our faith in Konanda's unparalleled powers of fucking clairvoyance and soothsayery!

Love you too baby.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby EllieChaos » Sep 22nd, 2011 @ 9:56pm

What's quite telling is I've watched all the episodes from this season twice each but can't discuss them with the same gusto and detail as any of the "slow" episodes from the last few seasons
EllieChaos

Postby kenzo » Sep 23rd, 2011 @ 5:28pm

Cannot. Wait. For. Tomorrow's. Episode.
kenzo

Postby Rebecca » Sep 24th, 2011 @ 11:16am

kenzo wrote:Cannot. Wait. For. Tomorrow's. Episode.

Watching. It. Now. Ha.
Rebecca

Postby Lopsidedown » Sep 24th, 2011 @ 2:02pm

Spoiler: show
Yappy! The robot dog!

Not as much fun as I remember
Lopsidedown

Postby kenzo » Sep 24th, 2011 @ 9:03pm

Hey, I'll tell you what - that was a really good episode. I think part of that has to do with the fact that also might have been the first time of the season where they used The Doctor's theme song from season 5.

I think a lot of why people aren't so hot on this season is because of what this episode highlights - this whole season seems to be about The Doctor losing sight of who he is and why he travels. He's so absorbed with finding baby River, the conundrum of his death, and self-conscious about the collateral damage around him that he's forgotten how to have fun, go on whimsical adventures, and that he does all this to save people. I think it's reassuring that the show is self-aware of this, and this episode did a good job of setting the woes of the whole season straight.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 11:25am

Man there is hella eye patches in the trailer for the last episode of the season. Also I've had this thought for a while now that Madame Kovarian is maybe some weird future River (they look similar, she seems to know so very much about River and it seems like something a television show would do) and that shot of River with an eyepatch in the trailer has me thinking this even more.

BTW, so does Craig not having any idea who the Cybermen are mean that the Battle of Canary Wharf never happened in this new universe.
Konanda

Postby totoro » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 12:10pm

In the event of a baby Totoro the name Stormaggedon is on the table.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 2:36pm

Konanda wrote:BTW, so does Craig not having any idea who the Cybermen are mean that the Battle of Canary Wharf never happened in this new universe.
Maybe. But Canary Wharf was a very London-thing though, right? So maybe Craig didn't really notice it (a la Donna) if he lived elsewhere.

Also, I thought that Amy's perfume "Petrichor" was a nice touch.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 3:37pm

totoro wrote:In the event of a baby Totoro the name Stormaggedon is on the table.
I thought that was funny/cute, but please for the love of god do not name your baby anything freaky like Stormaggedon or Rasillion. Unless you want your child to be teased and resent you for the rest of your life.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 3:46pm

So when The Doctor died in the first episode, what happened to his TARDIS? Was it just left somewhere and when younger Doctor showed up they just took his? It's been a while since I watched it and I can't remember if they addressed this.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 3:49pm

Mr_eX wrote:So when The Doctor died in the first episode, what happened to his TARDIS? Was it just left somewhere and when younger Doctor showed up they just took his? It's been a while since I watched it and I can't remember if they addressed this.

The TARDIS was with the Doctor cause he didn't die in the first episode.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 4:13pm

I'm pretty excited for the finale. The entire season has been pretty predictable so far. And I feel like this is the first time where I don't know what's gonna happen next, and it's exciting. I still think the close has something to do with this, but I have strong doubts now, since usually Moffat lays more hints about those sorts of things.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 4:40pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:BTW, so does Craig not having any idea who the Cybermen are mean that the Battle of Canary Wharf never happened in this new universe.
Maybe. But Canary Wharf was a very London-thing though, right? So maybe Craig didn't really notice it (a la Donna) if he lived elsewhere.

Also, I thought that Amy's perfume "Petrichor" was a nice touch.

I would think something as huge as that would at least make the papers and newsites.
Konanda

Postby Konanda » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 4:42pm

kenzo wrote:I'm pretty excited for the finale. The entire season has been pretty predictable so far. And I feel like this is the first time where I don't know what's gonna happen next, and it's exciting. I still think the close has something to do with this, but I have strong doubts now, since usually Moffat lays more hints about those sorts of things.

The Doctor will continue living, seeing as Matt Smith has a whole other season and a Christmas special as well.

My guess is that by knowing of his impending doom he's created some kind of paradox that allows him to change his fate or some other timey whimey stuff and it'll involve River Song, the Silence and perhaps The Question.

Oh and Image
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 5:31pm

Konanda wrote:I would think something as huge as that would at least make the papers and newsites.
And yet all of that flew right over Donna Noble's head. Remember that during the RTD series, the willful ignorance of the public was a long running theme.

Konanda wrote:The Doctor will continue living, seeing as Matt Smith has a whole other season and a Christmas special as well.

My guess is that by knowing of his impending doom he's created some kind of paradox that allows him to change his fate or some other timey whimey stuff and it'll involve River Song, the Silence and perhaps The Question.
Obviously. But it's how all that stuff will come together is what will be interesting.
kenzo

Postby Govir » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 7:42pm

I have been wishy washy on Season 6 so far, but I have been holding out final judgement till the end of the season when "all" is known (or not known). I'd just like to say, that episode was awesome. I hope the next episode lives up to it, which I am fairly confident it will.
Govir

Postby Konanda » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 9:29pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:I would think something as huge as that would at least make the papers and newsites.
And yet all of that flew right over Donna Noble's head. Remember that during the RTD series, the willful ignorance of the public was a long running theme.

Konanda wrote:The Doctor will continue living, seeing as Matt Smith has a whole other season and a Christmas special as well.

Obviously. But it's how all that stuff will come together is what will be interesting.

Well, Donna is a pretty headstrong confident woman that doesn't really seem to care about reading the paper and keeping informed about the goings on of events. Where Craig seems more paranoid, cautious and timid so I would see him as more into knowing what's happening all the time so he can keep away.

Either way I was just wondering since I remember something about everything being pretty much the same (not totally the same)
Konanda

Postby MrBiggs » Sep 26th, 2011 @ 6:01am

Konanda wrote:Man there is hella eye patches in the trailer for the last episode of the season. Also I've had this thought for a while now that Madame Kovarian is maybe some weird future River (they look similar, she seems to know so very much about River and it seems like something a television show would do) and that shot of River with an eyepatch in the trailer has me thinking this even more.

I don't see how that could happen. River is the last regeneration of Melody so it's not something that can happen in her future (the Doctor's past). I suppose with all the brainwashing that the Silence were apparently doing that Kovarian could be an earlier regeneration of Melody and River doesn't have any memory of forcing herself to kill the Doctor.
MrBiggs

Postby LiQuid » Sep 26th, 2011 @ 7:43am

Was really quite enjoying this week's episode and then about halfway through the Doctor said "I've got an app for that" so I stopped it, deleted it, and am never watching another episode of the show ever again.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Sep 26th, 2011 @ 8:28am

LiQuid wrote:Was really quite enjoying this week's episode and then about halfway through the Doctor said "I've got an app for that" so I stopped it, deleted it, and am never watching another episode of the show ever again.

They've made annoying pop culture references before, it's not a new thing.

MrBiggs wrote:
Konanda wrote:Man there is hella eye patches in the trailer for the last episode of the season. Also I've had this thought for a while now that Madame Kovarian is maybe some weird future River (they look similar, she seems to know so very much about River and it seems like something a television show would do) and that shot of River with an eyepatch in the trailer has me thinking this even more.

I don't see how that could happen. River is the last regeneration of Melody so it's not something that can happen in her future (the Doctor's past). I suppose with all the brainwashing that the Silence were apparently doing that Kovarian could be an earlier regeneration of Melody and River doesn't have any memory of forcing herself to kill the Doctor.

Timey whimey and brainwashing.
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Sep 26th, 2011 @ 10:06am

Konanda wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Was really quite enjoying this week's episode and then about halfway through the Doctor said "I've got an app for that" so I stopped it, deleted it, and am never watching another episode of the show ever again.

They've made annoying pop culture references before, it's not a new thing.

I have history with that particular one. Was nice knowing you Doctor Who, but I'm not really going to miss you.
LiQuid

Postby MrBiggs » Sep 27th, 2011 @ 5:59am

Konanda wrote:
MrBiggs wrote:

Timey whimey and brainwashing.

I concede the point.
MrBiggs

Postby kenzo » Sep 30th, 2011 @ 7:40am

Pretty excited for tomorrow's episode.

Did anybody notice that The Doctor's long-coat was back for the last one? Maybe it does mean there was time-leaping in that one previous one.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Oct 1st, 2011 @ 2:54pm

HOLY SHIT that episode was totally banaynay! Thoroughly entertaining all the way through. Towards the end I got depressed when I thought I knew what was going to happen, but then how The Doctor resolves the entire debacle was something I didn't see coming at all (but probably should have). And then "The Question" at the end was a super bonkers way to close everything out.
Doctor, WHO????

Now there's more questions swirling about than ever, and I'm super amped for X-Mas.
"The Fall of the Eleventh"? Sounds like a pretty ominous foreshadowing of the demise of Matt Smith. Also, if someone actually asks "Doctor, Who?" and we get an answer, does that mean the show will be over? Super cray-cray!
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Oct 1st, 2011 @ 3:06pm

Mr_eX thinks ^this image he made is cooler than the finale of Doctor Who. Little does he know. I will accept his formal apology at a later date.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 1st, 2011 @ 4:38pm

Somebody give me or link me a play by play of the finale.
LiQuid

Postby totoro » Oct 1st, 2011 @ 7:05pm

BBC America messed up on me in the minute or two before the final commercial break, so I'm not entirely sure if there was anything in there that was pertinent to the end of the show.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby Govir » Oct 1st, 2011 @ 8:40pm

kenzo wrote:HOLY SHIT that episode was totally banaynay! Thoroughly entertaining all the way through. Towards the end I got depressed when I thought I knew what was going to happen, but then how The Doctor resolves the entire debacle was something I didn't see coming at all (but probably should have).

I am confused by your post.

Are you saying you think that The Doctor avoided his death (which happened in the first episode) by replacing himself with the robot? If so, I don't think that's what happened at all. I think it was the robot the whole time. Everyone just thought it was The Doctor. The fixed point in time was that the robot gets shot.

That being said, I don't think I liked this season as much as the previous one. This one seemed to jump around too much and at times didn't feel like it was following a logical order.
Govir

Postby Cris » Oct 2nd, 2011 @ 2:16am

Do we know why The Silence blew up the TARDIS yet? I forget.
Cris

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics