Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Doctor Who Season 6

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 9:58am

This episode was OK but super predictable, I saw every plot point coming like 5 minutes into the episode.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 10:29am

Konanda wrote:Like I said though expecting Doctor Who to always follow it is own logic is naive.

Read that a couple times.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 11:16am

LiQuid wrote:
Konanda wrote:Like I said though expecting Doctor Who to always follow it is own logic is naive.
Read that a couple times.
Grammar-bomb!

Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:I'd also like to point out to Konanda, that River Song will be making an appearance during the finale, according to the actors and producers of the show.
Konanda wrote:Like I said though expecting Doctor Who to always follow it's own logic is naive.
Just trying to clear up some falsehoods. ;)
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 12:43pm

Only 7 minutes into Night Terrors but I'm already thinking that George is causing the monsters with his psychic powers that are probably alien in origin. Am I warm?
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Konanda » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 2:08pm

Yep, I knew it. What a boring episode, the next one looks more interesting though

Also is it just me or did The Doctor have a wedding ring on when he knocked on Alex's door.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 2:16pm

Pics or it didn't happen
kenzo

Postby EllieChaos » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 5:07pm

Hint.... watch Dr. Who with your 13 year old sister who is easily scared and quite vocal when there's situational tension in a show. I swear, best way to watch the show
EllieChaos

Postby Konanda » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 5:42pm

kenzo wrote:Pics or it didn't happen

I'm not saying it did I'm just saying when I saw him knock on the door it looked like he had something on his finger where one would put a wedding ring, it could have just been some weird shadow or something though.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 6:27pm

Konanda wrote:

I'm not saying it did I'm just saying when I saw him knock on the door it looked like he had something on his finger where one would put a wedding ring, it could have just been some weird shadow or something though.

I'm putting the burden of proof on you. Go find if that's true or not.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 6:32pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:

I'm putting the burden of proof on you. Go find if that's true or not.

I don't care whether it's true or not I was wondering if I was the only one that saw it.
Konanda

Postby EllieChaos » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 7:06pm

I just re watched the whole episode, it was a shadow. Also, if you watch the scene in the kitchen where the Dad is asking him to leave you get a good, close view of his hand..... no ring
EllieChaos

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2011 @ 7:12pm

That might have been the single best episode of the season so far.
kenzo

Postby Govir » Sep 10th, 2011 @ 7:31pm

kenzo wrote:That might have been the single best episode of the season so far.

That's exactly what I was thinking throughout most of the episode. I'd put it up there with Blink and SitL/FotD as episodes to watch if you aren't going to watch from the beginning , but I kinda think you need some back story on Rory and Amy before watching this one.
Govir

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2011 @ 7:48pm

That dejected look by The Doctor really killed it at the very end. That was some Waters of Mars kinda shit going on. I'm really anxious for the finale now. To me, this whole season feels like it's precipitating a falling out between The Doctor and Amy/Rory. And given that The Doctor will likely rely on Amy/Rory for his survival (we still haven't seen how The Doctor gets out of getting killed yet) I've got some trepidation towards seeing how this all plays out.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Sep 11th, 2011 @ 2:34pm

Good episode but so sad. :cry:
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 1:48am

Finally caught up with the last 3 episodes (really 4 since I never watched the cliffhanger ep from the summer but that one wasn't worth talking about cause it was boring). Let's Kill Hitler was by far the worst episode of the season, maybe the worst of the whole series (I mean since 2005, not a UK series). I really can't wait for River Song's era to be gone forever. Her episodes have basically turned this show into a shittier version of Lost.

The monster closet episode was kind of a classic style episode. Had an entertainingly creepy premise but it was far too predictable. I could sworn there was an episode almost exactly like this. Where a kid had some psychic powers that was scaring his parents. Whatever. It was dumb but fun.

The latest episode with Old Amy was mega retarded. I don't really like Rory so I don't really care when he has to do emo shit. How the fuck did Old Amy have a samurai sword? Did I miss that part? Is there a tvtropes page for "versions of characters from the future that inexplicably have a samurai sword?"

Man, I remember the very first episode of Who I watched. The first Matt Smith episode in season 5 where he met little girl Amelia Pond. That episode catalyzed my entire viewing of the series, and it remains a really great episode that showcases the fun, adventurous whimsy of the show. No Matt Smith episode since then has been as good. These last two seasons have been a near total wash.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 3:14am

LiQuid wrote:The monster closet episode was kind of a classic style episode. Had an entertainingly creepy premise but it was far too predictable. I could sworn there was an episode almost exactly like this. Where a kid had some psychic powers that was scaring his parents. Whatever. It was dumb but fun.
I think you're probably talking about the 11th episode of season 2 called "Fear Her" where a little alien-kid is scared and doesn't know how to deal with shit and traps people in her drawings. I found that episode much scarier, because at that point, people could and would die left and right in that show (at least, whatever schmucks they ran across). But this latest monster closet episode, you just knew in your gut that it was going to end happily for everyone.

LiQuid wrote:The latest episode with Old Amy was mega retarded. I don't really like Rory so I don't really care when he has to do emo shit. How the fuck did Old Amy have a samurai sword? Did I miss that part? Is there a tvtropes page for "versions of characters from the future that inexplicably have a samurai sword?"
Well, they are in a gigantic museum filled with all kinds of artifacts, artwork, recreations, etc. It's a fair thing to assume she just kinda found it somewhere off screen. It's not completely ridiculous and random like if she found a samurai sword lying around in say, the Jamestown colony.

LiQuid wrote:Man, I remember the very first episode of Who I watched. The first Matt Smith episode in season 5 where he met little girl Amelia Pond. That episode catalyzed my entire viewing of the series, and it remains a really great episode that showcases the fun, adventurous whimsy of the show. No Matt Smith episode since then has been as good. These last two seasons have been a near total wash.
Dude, what are you doing watching Doctor Who for that kinda junk? Go watch Fionna and Cake beat up on the Ice Queen.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 4:27pm

I don't get how anyone can not like Rory.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 5:13pm

He's a pandering caricature of nerd empowerment.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 5:18pm

LiQuid wrote:He's a pandering caricature of nerd empowerment.
Definitely, but he's still funny and smart and honest and kind in a way that feels much more honest than say, how forced and awful everyone in Chuck is (where everyone acts like retards, great things/circumstances fall into their laps that they don't deserve or earn, and they're only nerdy because they name-drop some brands and logos once and a while).
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 17th, 2011 @ 4:20pm

I don't know how I feel about this episode.
kenzo

Postby Creep » Sep 17th, 2011 @ 4:29pm

I'm not really into medical shows, but I heard this one was good. What's up with the beautiful pond everyone is talking about?
Creep

Postby Konanda » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 10:08am

Creep wrote:I'm not really into medical shows, but I heard this one was good. What's up with the beautiful pond everyone is talking about?

Konanda

Postby Konanda » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 1:21pm

What's with the Rubix Cube? There was one in Night Terrors as well.

As for the show it seems like someone was watching the old Doctor Who and decided that making a story about a monster that was like the Nimon would be cool. Also I totally figured out it was about faith not fear way about 10 minutes before the Doctor finally realises it.

Oh and for the next epsiode teaser it's cool to see Craig Owens is back.

Anyway looks like we are approaching the end of this season, I wonder if the Doctor's apparent death will be dealt with this season or the next.
Konanda

Postby Rebecca » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 1:49pm

Konanda wrote:Oh and for the next epsiode teaser it's cool to see Craig Owens is back.

I nearly replied with no it's smithy, then remembered this wasn't Gavin and Stacey!
I noticed the rubiks cube too, I don't understand what that's all about. I very much enjoyed this episode though, I enjoyed more than some of last seasons, I like the episodes that stand alone better.
Rebecca

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 10:04pm

I didn't really like the latest episode, it just looked really cheap to me. The ending was pretty good though.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 10:21pm

Mr_eX wrote:I didn't really like the latest episode, it just looked really cheap to me. The ending was pretty good though.
It felt cheap in the beginning, thanks to the setting and the boring "monster of the week" mentality going on with the script. But the ending kind of transcended that. Plus, animatronics are actually really expensive.
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 1:50pm

No one cares.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 1:59pm

Konanda wrote:Anyway looks like we are approaching the end of this season, I wonder if the Doctor's apparent death will be dealt with this season or the next.

Episode 12 is said to be his last big adventure before his death. It's also 200 years after 11 which is how much older he was when he died, and he left Amy and Rory to adventure alone, another thing he did before he died so it's looking like it will be this season. I'm hoping 13 will show the events leading to his death from his perspective.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 2:48am

1. How could you not have liked that episode? It was fucking bananas, and it had a minotaur.

2. Best episode of the season so far.

3. Congratulations to Konanda for figuring out the episode was about faith when it was named The Motherfucking God Complex and the cold open consisted of a girl repeating the line "Praise Him!" Truly your intellect is something to be celebrated! If real life were an episode of Doctor Who we would all be fucking murdered by Space Minotaur who would have absolutely no trouble feeding off our faith in Konanda's unparalleled powers of fucking clairvoyance and soothsayery!
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics