Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: STAR TREK

Postby Rodney » Jun 18th, 2013 @ 8:28pm

I feel like the show really picks up when Worf shows up and Sisko gets the beard. Also O`Brien must suffer.
Rodney

Postby dakazu » Jun 19th, 2013 @ 1:09pm

Rodney wrote:I feel like the show really picks up when Worf shows up and Sisko gets the beard. Also O`Brien must suffer.

Thanks for the spoilers

Finished S1E6. Didin't like the Vash character that much and I thought Q wasn't that interesting this episode. All in all it was pretty meh.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Jun 19th, 2013 @ 1:39pm

Vash is great, but having her show up in DS9 didn't make sense. And they didn't have very good rapport with the cast/play off them the way they did so well in TNG. This will be the first and last time you see Q in DS9 btw.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Jun 20th, 2013 @ 4:13am

kenzo wrote:This will be the first and last time you see Q in DS9 btw.

I really liked him in Voyager but Sisko seems too serious to put up with any Q shenanigans.

Finished S1E7. Getting some Dax backstory was alright I guess. So far I hate the doctor on this show more than any other Star Trek character(main cast).
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2013 @ 4:30am

Doctor Bashir is, IMO, supposed to start out annoying and you're not supposed to like him. He's young, brilliant, and principled. But he's also privileged, coddled, and painfully naive. His introduction scene demonstrates this really well when he goes off about the excitement of 'frontier medicine'. He's the kind of blue-blood, white-collared, prep school assholes everyone hates. And his skirt-chasing is pretty pathetic. But he's not a bad guy and really means well. After a while and some seasoning, he turns into a great character. Pretty much every DS9 character goes through a bunch of personal character-growth throughout the show, and Bashir is no different. And honestly, when he starts hanging out with O'Brien, that's some of the best parts of DS9. The O'Brien/Bashir connection is easily the best BFF combo in all of Star Trek. Better than Kirk & McCoy, better than Paris & Kim, better than Malcom & Trip, and light years better than Data and Geordi.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Jun 22nd, 2013 @ 3:27am

S1E8. Bashir continues to be annoying as hell. I saw the twist coming from a mile away but the episode was decent. I laughed at how bad the fighting was at the end of the episode when I guy jumps into the frame just to get shot. It really feels like I'm plodding through a lot of mediocre stuff and waiting for the show to get really good. I've been through this before(Star Driver) and unless it's REALLY REALLY GOOD, I probably won't like this as it goes on.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Jun 22nd, 2013 @ 3:31am

The first season of DS9 is OK. It begins picking up as the season progresses, and season 2 is where things start really picking up. DS9 is an impressive show because unlike a lot of TV, it honestly gets better and better with each episode and each season, all the way to the finale. Also, I find it baffling that you think this show is only mediocre, but you were in love with Voyager - that show had a much worse beginning IMO.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 22nd, 2013 @ 5:21am

kenzo wrote:The first season of DS9 is OK. It begins picking up as the season progresses, and season 2 is where things start really picking up. DS9 is an impressive show because unlike a lot of TV, it honestly gets better and better with each episode and each season, all the way to the finale. Also, I find it baffling that you think this show is only mediocre, but you were in love with Voyager - that show had a much worse beginning IMO.

Hey kenzo you watch Babby 5 yet????
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 22nd, 2013 @ 7:07am

kenzo wrote:DS9 is an impressive show because unlike a lot of TV, it honestly gets better and better with each episode and each season, all the way to the finale.

Spoiler: show
The finale was terrible.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby dakazu » Jun 27th, 2013 @ 2:37am

I just finished S1E9 and I kinda want to stop watching DS9 because it was so bad.

I mean, they basically get stuck inside a D&D game and Quark flips out over a hard choice. The final scene should have had a "Wah, wah, WAHHHHH" sound.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Jun 27th, 2013 @ 2:59am

First season of DS9 is bad, either fight thru it to get to the good shit or shut the fuck up already.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Jun 27th, 2013 @ 3:54pm

:lol: It doesn't help that that might be the single worst episode of DS9.

I guess fair warning, you have a few more episode that don't build on nothing(they're purely one off stories and they aren't great ones at that) and a Lwaxana Troi episode.

But the rest are OK episodes that give you something about the world and/or the characters, and the last two episodes of Season 1 are pretty great IMO.

Master Higgins wrote:
kenzo wrote:DS9 is an impressive show because unlike a lot of TV, it honestly gets better and better with each episode and each season, all the way to the finale.

The finale was terrible.

I don't think it was shit but I do feel it was a letdown since I liked the show so much I wanted the finale to be complete awesome, and it was merely ok.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby MrBiggs » Jun 28th, 2013 @ 8:02am

MrBiggs

Postby kenzo » Jun 28th, 2013 @ 1:51pm

I just realized what's happening right here. Dakazu is being a little bitch. He's doing his standard MO thing where he decided before he was going to watch DS9 that he was going to hate it because we 'hyped it up too much' for him. :x
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 28th, 2013 @ 5:41pm

Shut your facehole kenzo. It's not like he isn't making valid criticisms. The first season is pretty much junk while they get their sea legs, kinda like another show I want you to watch, yet you seemed predisposed to rag on and gave up on after one episode...
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 5th, 2013 @ 11:22am

dakazu wrote:I just finished S1E9 and I kinda want to stop watching DS9 because it was so bad.

I mean, they basically get stuck inside a D&D game and Quark flips out over a hard choice. The final scene should have had a "Wah, wah, WAHHHHH" sound.

MOVE ALONG HOME!
Jenn04

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 5th, 2013 @ 7:50pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jul 6th, 2013 @ 12:42am

This one is better:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 6th, 2013 @ 2:58am

^Yup, that one is better.
LiQuid

Postby Fade2Black » Jul 10th, 2013 @ 1:58pm

I make no claims in regards to the quality of this video with respect to the previous two that were posted. It is, however, longer.

Fade2Black

Postby kenzo » Jul 14th, 2013 @ 1:03am

Captain Picard clearly didn't inherit Boothby's green thumb.

kenzo

Postby Rodney » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 4:31pm

I just watched the episode where alternate timeline Worf meets other timeline Enterprises and crazy changes start happening. So this is where the last-minute relationship with Deanna starts. I like the part where Riker is hailed by 240,000 Enterprises and on one of them a crazy hobo Riker tries to shoot Worf's shuttle down because their present time is so terrible and he doesn't want to go back:
Rodney

Postby darfox8 » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 8:07pm

I think that episode is ok but it does have the downside of starting the whole DeannaXWorf thing, as you mentioned. It's also called out by Mr. Plinkett as being the worst Star Trek episode ever, for some reason. I think he just used that episode to prove his point though.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Jul 29th, 2013 @ 8:30pm

He hated the idea of alternate realities because it cheapens canon and is an easy/lazy out to excuse Abrams's silly Star Trek reboot.
kenzo

Postby Rodney » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 8:01pm

I'm watching part one of "All Good Things...", the series finale of TNG. I thought it was pretty funny when Admiral Nakamura came on screen and Jen said: "Hey, it's Admiral Dakazu!"

Rodney

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 16th, 2013 @ 9:32pm

Racist
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 23rd, 2013 @ 9:22pm

kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 2:17am

kenzo

Postby seamus2389 » Sep 9th, 2013 @ 12:24am

Is there an episode of any of the Star Trek's series that had them dealing with a race that was dying of a disease and refused science to treat it cause of religous beliefs?? The reason I ask is both Babylon 5 and Battlestar feature a episode based round it and I am wondering whether it came from B5, Star Trek or some sci-fi story I haven't heard of.

Also is there an episode where there is a film crew doing a report cause that has also been on both BSG and B5 (B5 seems to be the one that started it).

Can I just skip the first season of DS9 cause it sounds like shit and I am guessing since it's 90's tv I won't be missing anything important.

Second Liquid on how watching Babylon 5 - if you like the Mass Effect universe you'll probably like B5 cause Mass Effect is Babylon 5 the videogame with a dash of Alastair Reynolds (the first season is shit except for the episodes towards the end when they start setting the pieces for the shows 3 main storylines, 2-4 is the best part). This post does a good job explaining the obvious bad and hard to pin down good of the series

http://wrongquestions.blogspot.ie/2005/ ... bylon.html
seamus2389

Postby darfox8 » Sep 10th, 2013 @ 12:53pm

I feel like there definitely was an episode like that but I've been wracking my brain since yesterdy and can't remember it. There's that really good TNG episode called "The Outsider" where they meet a genderless species who occasionally exzibit attraction to male or females when they shouldn't. And Riker is like "So what if she's like chick let her be a chick" but the government was like "Nope! Brain wipe!". Or that DS9 episode where Odo tries to raise a baby warrior alien but he rejects it and still wants to be a crazy warrior alien. Neither of these things are what your asking but I can't think of any.
darfox8

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics