Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby seamus2389 » Jun 21st, 2012 @ 5:37am

Does this movie seem to be based in part on No Man's Land with the bridges being blown and the bat symbol being chalked onto walls?
seamus2389

Postby flufflogic » Jun 21st, 2012 @ 2:57pm

That's been confirmed, yes. It's a mash-up of that and another storyline.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Jul 5th, 2012 @ 11:01am

I would watch this movie.
kenzo

Postby Fade2Black » Jul 6th, 2012 @ 1:00am

Fade2Black

Postby kenzo » Jul 6th, 2012 @ 2:21am

LULZ. Higgins would kill himself if he saw that. Man, that trailer is sooooo meant for the developing world/the south.
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Jul 9th, 2012 @ 5:31am

A 13-minute featurette, for those interested:

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby darfox8 » Jul 9th, 2012 @ 1:48pm

Dude, I'm super interested. But since the movie is a few weeks away I'm gonna hold out.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Jul 18th, 2012 @ 9:59pm

Watched both Nolan Batman films this afternoon/evening. This is probably the first time since the theaters since I saw The Dark Knight, and it was pretty great still. But mostly because I'd forgotten a lot about the film. If I'd watch it again a week from now, it would probably be shit because that film relies too much on suspense and the unknown to make its impact.
kenzo

Postby IRL_Troll » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 10:28am

Just finished watching it an hour ago. It took me that long to stop having a full body geekgasm. I'm still cumming buckets, but I can type now. This is not the trilogy we deserve (we deserve less actually) but it's the trilogy we need...and want. And there will no despair or false hope here
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby Master Higgins » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 11:05am

IM LOOKING AT NOTHING IN THIS THREAD

Today is the day. Fuck. I don't even want it to happen, I don't want it to be over.

We've got to go back, Bruce!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Jul 19th, 2012 @ 11:41am

Master Higgins wrote:IM LOOKING AT NOTHING IN THIS THREAD

Today is the day. Fuck. I don't even want it to happen, I don't want it to be over.

We've got to go back, Bruce!
Remember how you and everyone on the CC lost their god damned minds over a crappy movie like the Avengers? I can't wait to see how incoherent you guys will be with a good film like Dark Knight Rises. I wonder if I should call social services now or after you all go see the film in order to tell them they've got five new wards of the state.
kenzo

Postby kevinep3 » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 1:05am

Ok do thus was fucking awesome and seeing the trilogy in a row in IMAX was super epic, also see this in IMAX, you won't be dissapointed
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby kenzo » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 3:18am

I'm sure everyone will hear from this elsewhere before reading this stupid thread. Batman got super-meta last night as a masked gunman shot up a theater outside of Denver, assaulting TDKR viewers with smoke grenades and gunfire - killing 14 people (so far) and at least 50 more people injured. This is why we can't have nice things.
kenzo

Postby Olympia » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 3:43am

The death toll is 15

the movie was amazing so that probably means liquid and kenzo will shit all over it
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby Fade2Black » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 4:11am

I just got home from a trilogy showing @ Cupertino's AMC 16, and caught the news blurb.
Words fail me right now.
Fade2Black

Postby kenzo » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 4:23am

Fade2Black wrote:Words fail me right now.
Yeah, I really don't know how to even react to this. It's absolutely horrific, and I feel like I've lost my appetite to even go see this movie at the moment.

Olympia wrote:the movie was amazing so that probably means liquid and kenzo will shit all over it
Why do you care so much about what I think of stupid movies? Grow up.
kenzo

Postby Lopsidedown » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 9:14am

My favorite part was during the Superman preview when the "Man of Steel" title came up, and the guy next to me asked "who's that?"
Lopsidedown

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 10:19am

Not as good as The Dark Knight.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Starwats » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 10:35am

I didn't get to see it because apparently you have to preorder tickets or some shit. Nobody told me.
I guess a lot of European premieres were canceled because of the shooting
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby seamus2389 » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 11:46am

Mr_eX wrote:Not as good as The Dark Knight.

True, Hardy's Bane is not as good as Ledger's Joker, Catwoman wearing heels really irked me, the Slate Spoiler special did a good job pointing out problems with the plot and the whole Occupy Gotham but that ending was ever better than I thought it would be.

Spoiler: show
Dagget was in it which made me really happy as did Levitt's name being Robin. The ending combined my 2 favourite Astro City storylines - the Confessor and the one about the superhero who gives up being one to raise his son while finding someone to take over his job
seamus2389

Postby Olympia » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 1:33pm

Bane is my favorite. There were problems with the movie, but no more than TDK had.
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby flufflogic » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 2:06pm

kenzo wrote:
Yeah, I really don't know how to even react to this. It's absolutely horrific, and I feel like I've lost my appetite to even go see this movie at the moment.

There's talk now about them pulling it, re-releasing it later, out of respect. Paris première already got canned.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 2:19pm

flufflogic wrote:
kenzo wrote:
There's talk now about them pulling it, re-releasing it later, out of respect. Paris première already got canned.
WB moved pretty frantically this morning to voluntarily pull all their TV ads.
kenzo

Postby flufflogic » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 4:00pm

Heck, even Obama and Romney have pulled their attack ads in the region.
flufflogic

Postby Retro Clone » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 4:49pm

the weakest out of the 3 movies,

the ending really sucked balls
i could see the plot twists coming a mile away, and i did not even read any news or speculation on this flick

Blake's first name is ROBIN and the girl is talia, the "Robin" reveal got a few Raspberry's and laughter in the theater i was at.
Always take a banana to a party.

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
Retro Clone

Postby IRL_Troll » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 5:25pm

You're objectively wrong, but oh well. I found it rather interesting that (as far as I can think of)
this is the 1st batman to move on. While it would've been awesome if Bruce died, I can settle for that take as well.
For some a reason it took me awhile to realize that
"The Pit" is a metaphorical Lazarus Pit. Also that I enjoyed the theme and motif of hope/false hope/despair throughout the film.

Also that CO shootings kinda sucked. Queue media shitstorm. Thoughts go out to the victims and their families. The theater got calls all day from local news agencies trying to get a soundbite out of our manager, and the eventually some reporters (I recognized from a meet and greet when journalism was still I thing I briefly pursued) in street clothes trying to troll soundbites of servers tried their hand. Kinda sickening.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby darfox8 » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 5:34pm

I'm down if you have preferences but I feel that Batman Begins has a lot of problems objectively, so it's hard for me to believe someone likes it more than Rises. But I hear some people like the raw dawg origin story done right so that automatically puts it ahead of even TDK. Whateves.

I like the movie and I though it was an appropriate end for the trilogy. I think TDK probably is better, though.

The Talia reveal was predictable but they made it so. The only thing that threw me off were the moments where they could of revealed it but didn't. I was like "OK I guess she's not a bad guy after all" but then later when Bane picked her out of the crowd to talk to her and they device wasn't in the truck she marked it was like "Welp. No duh." Maybe it would of played better if the movie presented it as dramatic irony, and the audience knew for a fact that she was bad, but the lead characters didn't. Either way I didn't mind it and I definitely don't think it ruined the ending or anything like that.

I thought the Robin bit was weird since it's not like he's gonna be Robin. He's gonna be the new Batman. And he's not Dick Greyson, cause he's a guy named Robin. Just felt like an unnecessary nod to the fans. I like the faked death thing. I thought it was touching and appropriate. I really liked Catwomen she was pretty kick ass and likable. I didn't like so much how Bane sort of fell apart after Batman showed signs of his return and beat him. It just seemed like he couldn't bow out with some dignity with the whole pedophile thang looming over his head. Kinda cray cray how Catwomen just blasted him across the hall.

For the comic freaks out there: Has there been an iteration of Batman where the Bat cave is sitting underneath of an Orphanage? Reminds me of the XMEN.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 6:53pm

Read the wikipedia summary. Sounds less stupid than TDK, but still really stupid.
LiQuid

Postby Fade2Black » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 7:28pm

A few thoughts on the film.

I felt it dragged about midway through, and the whole bit about lacing the city's concrete infrastructure with explosives was poorly executed.

Trapping much of Gotham's police force underground felt tacked on.

The pit scene also felt tacked on. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't understand how Bruce managed to get halfway around the world and back again with no apparent travel time and with connective ties to Gotham City completely severed. Granted he's Bruce Wayne/Batman, but I felt that was a plot point that could have been better elucidated.

The film's final showdown takes place in a snowstorm, but sans the actual snow, nothing felt wintery about the scene at all - very odd.

For the most part, Anne Hathaway worked as Catwoman/Selina Kyle, though a few if her lines felt canned in their deliverance.

The Selina Kyle mugshot (a clear homage to Adam Hughes' iconic cover) on a wanted poster was a nice touch.

I loved how the Scarecrow character has been used in all three Nolan Batman films.

I hope Michael Kain gets an Oscar nod, not so much for his portrayal of Alfred in this film, but as an indirect acknowledgement of his work on all three films as a whole (similar to when Peter Jackson took an Oscar for the Return of the King, which many felt was more of salute to his entire trilogy than the final film itself).

Despite producers' assurances that Bane would enunciate his word's clearly, the character did utter a few lines that I'll have to watch again on video with the subtitle option turned on.

And yes, I will be buying it on blu-ray. While The Dark Knight Rises was no where near the level of caliber as its predecessor, it was, for the most part, entertaining.
Last edited by Fade2Black on Jul 21st, 2012 @ 1:31am, edited 1 time in total.
Fade2Black

Postby LiQuid » Jul 20th, 2012 @ 7:44pm

Anybody here get murdered while going to see this?
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics