Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Burn Notice

Postby GiantAsianMan » Dec 1st, 2010 @ 8:14am

So the Burn Notice Sam Axe prequel is definitely a go and will air sometime Spring 2011. What's more, it'll be directed by Jeffery Donovan.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Burn-Notice ... 26270.aspx
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby kenzo » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 3:45am

Anyone notice that two seasons into his character, Jesse still hasn't made the opening credits? He gets more screen time than Michael's mom these days. They're totally going to kill his character off this season.
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 5:14am

kenzo wrote:Anyone notice that two seasons into his character, Jesse still hasn't made the opening credits? He gets more screen time than Michael's mom these days. They're totally going to kill his character off this season.

That's because he's technically a "guest star", and that has nothing to do with a)how many episodes he's in or b)how much screen time he gets, and everything to do with how much he gets paid per episode.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 11:24am

God Jesse's still around?! Glad I stopped watching this when I did. Sounds like the podcasters might have too since I don't hear them talk about it anymore. We can only hope.
LiQuid

Postby IRL_Troll » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 11:29am

There wasn't an episode last week, that's why it wasn't mentioned
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 11:33am

I don't remember even hearing them speak on a new season starting... If they did it couldn't have been for very long.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 11:40am

LiQuid wrote:I don't remember even hearing them speak on a new season starting... If they did it couldn't have been for very long.

Once they've talked about one Burn Notice episode they've talked about them all because they're all the same.

I made 20 minutes into last nights episode before falling asleep.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 12:32pm

Well the scenarios are usually different, but yeah the solutions usually go one of like two or three ways. The show really got tired. They tried fixing it with all manner of useless antagonists, which was bad enough but the addition of Jesse finally pushed me over the edge. It became a show that I didn't even feel comfortable having on in the background while doing other things.
LiQuid

Postby HostileFire » Dec 5th, 2010 @ 3:12pm

It took me awhile to start hating Jesse but I reached it a couple of episodes ago.

I love that the writers are penning in past aliases of Michael. There's so many I would love to see played again.
HostileFire

Postby CeramicDragon » Dec 6th, 2010 @ 1:10am

Just watched last episode on hulu. Writing was ok. I hope this season gets better.
CeramicDragon

Postby chrisat928 » Dec 17th, 2010 @ 12:43am

Nothing about the EPIC season finale?

This whole half season was awesome, and it sucks the Geekbox seems to have stopped watching.
PSN: chrisproto
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
chrisat928

Postby kenzo » Dec 17th, 2010 @ 2:29am

chrisat928 wrote:This whole half season was awesome, and it sucks the Geekbox seems to have stopped watching.
I don't think they've stopped watching, so much as it's pointless to really continue talking about it. The M.O. and characters don't change, and neither do the problems they face on a week to week basis. There's not a lot left to converse about with this show, besides saying something to the effect of, "oh man, Michael sure was a badass this week."
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Feb 12th, 2011 @ 11:16am

FYI- the Jeffery Donovan-directed Sam Axe prequel (Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam) is set to air on April 17.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/11/burn- ... ease-date/
GiantAsianMan

Postby CeramicDragon » Feb 14th, 2011 @ 9:19pm

How many times does he get one of the bad guys to turn on the head bad guy? Which season finale was it that he jumped out of the helicopter after meeting fraisers dad?
CeramicDragon

Postby kevinep3 » Mar 29th, 2011 @ 8:26am

psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby UberGeek » Mar 30th, 2011 @ 12:17am

kevinep3 wrote:

I want to see it now. I can't wait!
UberGeek

Postby the eye in the sky » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 4:02pm

I'm wondering why they even try to make him look younger. Isnt it a prequel?
Which is the best band name? converse about the universe, laws of motion, fingers as toes or actual size
the eye in the sky

Postby kenzo » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 4:19pm

I'm completely burnt out on Burn Notice. If this made for TV movie doesn't hook me back into the show, I'm done.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 4:59pm

I think Nikita is the only spy show I'm going to watch from now on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwgZyIn0u2k
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 5:05pm

the eye in the sky wrote:I'm wondering why they even try to make him look younger. Isnt it a prequel?

That is why.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 5:11pm

Mr_eX wrote:I think Nikita is the only spy show I'm going to watch from now on.

It's a good show, it annoys me though that Maggie Q is supposed to be 26, yet she looks a lot older than that. She was supposed to be even younger than that when she was in Division yet she looks the same, so looks even older than she's supposed to be. Also, for being a spy organization made up of the most attractive people, Maggie Q doesn't seem to fit. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but not drop dead gorgeous like they're making it out like everyone is at that organization, and she looks pretty bad when she's all dolled up. Actually, not many people at that organization are that attractive.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 6:08pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:

It's a good show, it annoys me though that Maggie Q is supposed to be 26, yet she looks a lot older than that. She was supposed to be even younger than that when she was in Division yet she looks the same, so looks even older than she's supposed to be. Also, for being a spy organization made up of the most attractive people, Maggie Q doesn't seem to fit. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but not drop dead gorgeous like they're making it out like everyone is at that organization, and she looks pretty bad when she's all dolled up. Actually, not many people at that organization are that attractive.

When you consider the fact that they're all suppose to be homeless junkies on death-row, they look pretty good.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby the eye in the sky » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 6:28pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
the eye in the sky wrote:I'm wondering why they even try to make him look younger. Isnt it a prequel?

That is why.

I meant why doesnt he look younger?
Which is the best band name? converse about the universe, laws of motion, fingers as toes or actual size
the eye in the sky

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 7:25pm

Ah, because he's Bruce Campbell.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 7:27pm

Mr_eX wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:

When you consider the fact that they're all suppose to be homeless junkies on death-row, they look pretty good.

I guess you're right. I wonder what that casting call was like. "Need attractive, but only homeless junkie on death-row attractive, people to play secret agents."
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Mar 31st, 2011 @ 7:31pm

kenzo wrote:I'm completely burnt out on Burn Notice. If this made for TV movie doesn't hook me back into the show, I'm done.

Sick pun!
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:11pm

I'm watching the beginning of the season premier. Michael still hangs out around Miami for no real good reason. He still goes on missions with Max. Oh, and Jesse is still hanging around. ARGHHHHH! I'm this close to just shutting off the TV all together.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:38pm

"This is how you do things?? How are you still alive!?"
"Good question! I eat a lot of yogurt."

:lol: :roll:
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:54pm

Michael took down the spy ring that burned him. Didn't find any closure, and now he's back where he started. Boooooo
kenzo

Postby dabeast0976 » Jun 27th, 2011 @ 7:13am

kenzo wrote:Michael took down the spy ring that burned him. Didn't find any closure, and now he's back where he started. Boooooo

You really think he took down the spy ring? How did the bad guys know they were coming and what frequency to jam? I think Max and Raines are setting him up.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics