Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby totoro » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 11:29am

AMC Renews 'Breaking Bad' For 16 Final Episodes

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-renews-breaking-bad-16-222364

EDIT: I'm a moron and forum formatting eludes me.
Last edited by totoro on Aug 15th, 2011 @ 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby kenzo » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 4:05pm

Mr_eX wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ the zombie game talk
I actually saw this bit - I was watching over my old man's shoulder. He loves the show. He was like "are those real video games they're talking about?"

Such awful namedrops.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 4:40pm

Pretty much everything they were saying about those games was factually accurate.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 9:41pm

Mr_eX wrote:Pretty much everything they were saying about those games was factually accurate.
Yeah, but nobody fucking talks like that in real life.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 9:58pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Pretty much everything they were saying about those games was factually accurate.

Maybe not on Snob Hill where you're from.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 10:11pm

Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:

A truly cultured and worldly man would know that Snob Hill is in Michigan.

Good day to you sir!

(I'm on season 2 of Breaking Bad)

(One of the best shows I've ever seen so far)
ribkicker4

Postby totoro » Aug 16th, 2011 @ 7:13am

kenzo wrote:

That was pretty much every conversation I've ever had with one of my friends about a game ever, just swap out different genres and titles.
totoro

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 16th, 2011 @ 8:53am

ribkicker4 wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
kenzo wrote:

A truly cultured and worldly man would know that Snob Hill is in Michigan.

Good day to you sir!

(I'm on season 2 of Breaking Bad)

(One of the best shows I've ever seen so far)

Every state has a Snob Hill.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lopsidedown » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 8:51pm

FINALLY!
Spoiler: show
Watching Jesse tell Walt to fuck off is something I've been waiting for since season 2.
Lopsidedown

Postby kevinep3 » Sep 17th, 2011 @ 7:10am

Lopsidedown wrote:FINALLY!
Watching Jesse tell Walt to fuck off is something I've been waiting for since season 2.

yeah was pretty epic, pretty sure after the show is done next year unless something bad happens to the writers this will easily be my best show of all time.
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 1:51am

Holy fuck this show got even more baller this season. They turned Walt into even more of a bumbling retard, Skylar into the brains of the family business, Gustavo into the sympathetic anti-hero and Pinkman into a capable enforcer/capo type. How the motherfuckinghell did this already amazing show just get so much better?! How is AMC's roster of shows so much better than every other network combined? Why the fuck did I wait so long to get into season 4? Oh yeah, cause having to wait for new episodes ALREADY SUCKS SHIT!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 6:13am

The end of the last episode was AMAZING. How is the acting on this show better than everything else thats ever been on TV?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby totoro » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 10:42am

Mr_eX wrote:The end of the last episode was AMAZING. How is the acting on this show better than everything else thats ever been on TV?

Yeah, it's awesome. Only word I can use is: Gus.
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2011 @ 11:11am

Gus is fucking sickening. He started out as kind of a silly adversarial type, but god damned I'm really starting to regret he isn't the star of his own show at this point. I haven't cheered for the bad guys this much in a show since Brotherhood.
LiQuid

Postby Elementz » Sep 24th, 2011 @ 12:27am

I just watched all that were on netflix, meaning up to the season 3 finale.....

Im super sad that they killed off my absolute favorite character :(
Though earth and man are gone, I thought the cube would last forever.... I was wrong.
Elementz

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 25th, 2011 @ 11:04pm

HOLY CRAP
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby indieinsd » Oct 3rd, 2011 @ 11:16pm

Mr_eX wrote:The end of the last episode was AMAZING. How is the acting on this show better than everything else thats ever been on TV?

All the male acting. Female acting is pretty fucking terrible. BTW Mad Men has got both.

I still think.... Omar > Gustavo Fringe
indieinsd

Postby totoro » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 7:08am

indieinsd wrote:

All the male acting. Female acting is pretty fucking terrible. BTW Mad Men has got both.

I still think.... Omar > Gustavo Fringe

I'll blame the lack of good female characters on this show on the writers. It seems like they only know how to write an overbearing witch (Skyler) and a completely vapid housewife (Marie). I've never wanted two characters to drop off the face of the earth so much.
totoro

Postby kenzo » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 2:28pm

I just watched the most previous episode (the first in a while) and nothing happened. The whole episode, people just stood around waiting for things to happen: waiting for a phone call that doesn't come, waiting for someone to answer the phone and they don't, waiting for an assassin to show up and they don't, waiting for a man to walk over to a car-bomb and he doesn't. Nothing happens in this show. This show is one of the most egregious offenders I've ever seen of playing up the tension and drama way too much, and nothing comes of it.

Once every couple episodes, something retarded and bat-shit insane does happen, and it's usually for no reason. And that tricks people into thinking things happen in this show but it doesn't. The vast majority of events and screen-time in this show is closeups of people's faces looking constipated, and then people saying nonsense and verbal abuse to each other that they quickly forget. I've never seen a TV show so devoid of audio cues, dialog, and motion in my life.

God bless every one of you that sees something in this show and are entertained by it, but for the life of me I can't understand the hoopla.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 6th, 2011 @ 3:01am

Haha, kenzo's so stupid.

How could you call another complete 180 alliance shift from Jesse nothing? How about Gus poisoning a fucking child? Nothing, too? Walt trying to assassinate Gus? Yep, nothing. You're right this show's fucking boring.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 6th, 2011 @ 3:41am

LiQuid wrote:How could you call another complete 180 alliance shift from Jesse nothing?
Alliance? What is this, Survivor? :lol: BTW, how are Jesse and Walt even still talking to each other? Those two would have simply walked away from each other long ago and never seen the other ever again. But since this is a low budget TV show with the two billed as main characters, they MUST continually interact because the story demands it. They do nothing but shit on each other, but they've somehow managed to not murder each other and somehow have a sense of loyalty between the two. It's the most unbelievable part about this show.
LiQuid wrote:How about Gus poisoning a fucking child? Nothing, too?
Dumbass kid gets sick off camera! Predictably, another person Jesse cares for is suffering/dying because of him! Riveting and unpredictable!
LiQuid wrote:Walt trying to assassinate Gus? Yep, nothing.
The operative word is "trying." It amounts to nothing because he fails. In a scene that could have taken 30 seconds to unfold, they spend 10 minutes looking at closeups of Gus and Walt over and over again to build a forced sense of tension. It's like watching a bad reality TV show where they draw out the conclusion for no reason other than to keep people watching past yet another commercial break.

Watching Breaking Bad is more uneventful and boring than Star Trek. It's all telling, no showing; all talk, no walk. But at least Star Trek has characters I don't want to kick in the teeth and that I can root for. :lol:
kenzo

Postby totoro » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 8:47pm

The season finale was completely freaking awesome. Just, wow. Totally unbelievable.

The whole scene with the bomb and Gus coming out half blown to shit was fantastically done. mrstotoro and I had to watch that a few times. It was just so completely freaking surreal.

I'm feeling kind of glad that next season will be the last season of the show (IIRC). Best to have the show end when they want it to without trying to prolong it and have something overly boring. I know some didn't like this season and felt it was predictable and/or boring, but it was a slow burn with a fantastic payoff at the end.
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 9:32pm

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND AND KENZO IS THE STUPIDEST ORGANISM THAT HAS EVER WALKED THE PLANET EARTH!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 9:39pm

Stupid is as stupid does, LiQuid.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 9:44pm

totoro wrote:The whole scene with the bomb and Gus coming out half blown to shit was fantastically done. mrstotoro and I had to watch that a few times. It was just so completely freaking surreal.

1. There's no fucking way Gus is dead. Not in this fucking show. This is Anti-Game of Thrones. If this show can keep someone alive in order to fuck the shit out of Walt they will.

2. Walt is GONNA GET HIS!

3. Seriously, Walt is SO FUCKED
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 9:45pm

Can't wait til the torrent of that comes out so I can anigif Two Face, Gustavo Dent!!!
LiQuid

Postby Coctopus » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 10:33pm

LiQuid wrote:Can't wait til the torrent of that comes out so I can anigif Two Face, Gustavo Dent!!!

Watching his empty eye socket move around was fucking creepy. Also Walt is a super dick, there isn't any way this isn't going to come back and bite him in the ass.
Coctopus

Postby LiQuid » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 10:51pm

I hope season 5 is all zombie Gus having Walt hanging by his nuts and removing a new extremity every episode! It's gonna be super dope!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 11:14pm

I wonder what Mike is going to think of all this.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kevinep3 » Oct 10th, 2011 @ 3:32am

what a fantastic finale, i cant wait for season 5, no idea whats gonna happen but i know its gonna be awesome.
also i guess walt poisoned that kid but i dont see how he would have gotten it to the kid
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics