Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Bobloblaw » Jun 14th, 2010 @ 12:00pm

LiQuid wrote:Slow? It's been a while, but I remember every episode of season one having a distinct "Oh snap!" moment in it. You might as well just quit while you're ahead, since almost every single episode of season three has a distinct "Oh jeez..." moment instead.

The finale was alright. They did just as poor a job recovering from the madness that was the end of the penultimate episode as I thought they would, but at least it ended on a nice cliffhanger. I know how much people love cliffhangers.

Maybe he is confusing slow with tense... :P
Bobloblaw

Postby indieinsd » Jun 14th, 2010 @ 12:40pm

Creep wrote:
Spoiler: show
It felt to me like Jesse was always on the brink of being the bad guy he thought he was. However, every chance he got to be that guy he somehow lucked out and never actually followed through with it. He always proved himself to just be a good guy in a bad situation... until now. Pulling that trigger and killing an innocent man was him actually being the bad guy. There's no lucking out of this one... If indeed he did kill Gale.

Gale isn't really innocent is he. He's a good guy but I think all of them know what business they are in, even Gale. I really don't think Jesse killed him, if he did thats fucking crazy cuz Jesse cant handle that shit, but he did it to save Walt, because without Walt he would already be dead. Kill another to save the one who saved you? I would do that. But I'm a giver.
indieinsd

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 14th, 2010 @ 9:55pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Slow? It's been a while, but I remember every episode of season one having a distinct "Oh snap!" moment in it. You might as well just quit while you're ahead, since almost every single episode of season three has a distinct "Oh jeez..." moment instead.

The finale was alright. They did just as poor a job recovering from the madness that was the end of the penultimate episode as I thought they would, but at least it ended on a nice cliffhanger. I know how much people love cliffhangers.

Maybe he is confusing slow with tense... :P

I didn't think it was tense though. I think season 2 is much better so far.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lopsidedown » Jun 15th, 2010 @ 7:26pm

Oh Jesse. When you finally find out how Walt fucked you over, there's going to be a shitstorm of hell to pay. Poor Gale :(
Lopsidedown

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 20th, 2010 @ 11:45am

All caught up, season 3 is the best season. Great show.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby indieinsd » Jun 20th, 2010 @ 7:12pm

Mr_eX wrote:All caught up, season 3 is the best season. Great show.

Yeah, I miss it and basketball already. Mad Men can't come back soon enough.
indieinsd

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 20th, 2010 @ 8:14pm

I just started watching Mad Men about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully it's as good as Breaking Bad.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby indieinsd » Jun 21st, 2010 @ 12:55am

It's a fucking great show but it's more like a 60's version of The Sopranos but set in a ad agency.
indieinsd

Postby Klendathu » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 4:59am

I suppose Gustavo will be out of a cartel next season. Full measures are full measures. I wonder what the topic next season will be. How to supply your industrial size meth lab?
Klendathu

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 8:58am

Season 4 isn't going to air until July 2011

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kevinep3 » Feb 2nd, 2011 @ 5:29pm

Just saw a post from Bryan Cranstons facebook page that they started shooting season 4
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby kevinep3 » May 16th, 2011 @ 11:18am

Found this like 70min long interview with the writer Vince Gilligan, its not just about breaking bad as they talk about him on x-files and other stuff.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/breaki ... ts-to.html
The thing I like most about this is that he says the character is supposed to start as a Mr. Chips and turn into a Scarface by the end of the series, which he makes sound like it will only go on till about season 5.
kevinep3

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 8:59am

new trailer for season 4, i dont remember the last time i was this excited to watch a trailer for a tv show. http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/video ... d-season-4
kevinep3

Postby kenzo » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 11:28am

This show might be good if it had, you know, character development. And a plot that went somewhere beyond the speed of a glacier. Oh, and likable characters - I pretty much want everyone to die horrible deaths in this show.
kenzo

Postby indieinsd » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 11:52am

kenzo wrote:This show might be good if it had, you know, character development. And a plot that went somewhere beyond the speed of a glacier. Oh, and likable characters - I pretty much want everyone to die horrible deaths in this show.

I remember the same shit being said about The Sopranos.
indieinsd

Postby kenzo » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 11:59am

indieinsd wrote:
kenzo wrote:This show might be good if it had, you know, character development. And a plot that went somewhere beyond the speed of a glacier. Oh, and likable characters - I pretty much want everyone to die horrible deaths in this show.

I remember the same shit being said about The Sopranos.
Arguably, those people got their wish in the end! :lol:
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 6:47pm

I don't think you know what character development is.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 11:29pm

Mr_eX wrote:I don't think you know what character development is.
I do, and these characters don't really develop. They do something stupid, chaos and misery ensues, they get sad or jaded, and then repeat the same process with the same problems all over again. Nobody grows or becomes better people. Nobody gets smarter or learns from their mistakes. It's the tale of a fall from grace that moves along at an incredibly glacial pace. They could have told the story of the past three seasons condensed down into three episodes easily. Once an episode, a meth lab explodes or a guy gets dissolved by acid or something equally insane/retard happens and it makes people think that the plot is progressing when it really isn't. I really wanted to like this show, but it was just (breaking) bad.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 1st, 2011 @ 11:36pm

kenzo wrote:Nobody grows or becomes better people. Nobody gets smarter or learns from their mistakes. It's the tale of a fall from grace that moves along at an incredibly glacial pace.

Well since you live in the Bay area you probably don't know many criminals, but I'd wager the vast majority of them don't learn from their mistakes and/or become better people. It's a show about criminals being criminals and bad ones at that. Not every show has to be a deep character study (especially not shows where actual shit happens). It's a show about how their criminal bullshit effects the lives of the people around them. The people they care about.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2011 @ 12:14am

LiQuid wrote:Well since you live in the Bay area you probably don't know many criminals, but I'd wager the vast majority of them don't learn from their mistakes and/or become better people. It's a show about criminals being criminals and bad ones at that. Not every show has to be a deep character study (especially not shows where actual shit happens). It's a show about how their criminal bullshit effects the lives of the people around them. The people they care about.

That's fine - a fall from grace is also entertaining to watch. It provides negative character development. But the actual meaningful plot developments in this show is spread out so far apart that it gives the impression of a slug's movement.
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Jun 19th, 2011 @ 2:29am

Just started watching the first season today... FUCK... I'm into it!
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 19th, 2011 @ 7:42am

I started rewatching it last night.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby KindGalaxy » Jun 19th, 2011 @ 9:21am

I'm so deeply hooked I've watched almost the entire first season today... love it!
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby rentfn » Jul 15th, 2011 @ 11:28am

Starts on Sunday...Can't flippin wait!!! Sundays are awesome again, Curb, Breaking Bad, Entourage next week.
rentfn

Postby kevinep3 » Jul 17th, 2011 @ 8:19pm

holy shit that was awesome, i love this show so much right now.
kevinep3

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 18th, 2011 @ 6:28am

This show is so good. It was nice of AMC to let other people win emmys this year by airing the season late.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby SolidSnack » Jul 22nd, 2011 @ 3:25am

Mr_eX wrote:

I don't think you know what character development is.

Word.
SolidSnack

Postby kevinep3 » Jul 24th, 2011 @ 8:05pm

so yeah jesse totally has ptsd or something
kevinep3

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 24th, 2011 @ 9:58pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ the zombie game talk
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby totoro » Aug 15th, 2011 @ 11:28am

Damn DVR cut off last night at the very end where...

Hank was putting together all of the organic and fair trade stuff in Gale's apartment and looking at the Pollo's bag, scrap, or whatever it was.

Waiting to get home tonight to see if the later recording did the same thing, hopefully not.

Also saw where the show was picked up for 16 more episodes (or something to that effect) to finish out the series.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics