Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 4:33pm

Totoro and I thought this little animation of Badger's Star Trek script was pretty funny. Enjoy! http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking-bad-badger-star-trek-story-animated.html
mrstotoro

Postby LiQuid » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 4:41pm

Aw I just came to post the Youtube vid.

The animation is dumb and superfluous. It works a lot better with Badger and Skinny Dude getting excited about it.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 9:46am

Cliffhangers
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby seamus2389 » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 10:21am

That newest episode when ways I did not see coming but make perfect sense in retrpospect

Also
Spoiler: show
Mrs. Totoro mentioned a theory about how Walt adopts some mannerism of the people he has killed and in the flashfowards two new ones point to Jesse and Skylar. Also the actor who plays Saul may have let slip that he'll end up in Belize
seamus2389

Postby meDotJS » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 5:46pm

Well, I marathoned the entire series up to the current season in about a week. That was both amazing and painful, because it's a really good show but I had to basically tie myself to a chair to watch it so quickly because it was hard to marathon at first because it was so slow. It's better now, but it started out kinda slow.

The Roosterteeth guys also talked about that theory on their Spoilercast and pointed out the scene in the flash-forward where he breaks the bacon and spells out his age, but I never saw any Jesse mannerisms during either of the flash-forwards unless I missed them.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 6:02pm

meDotJS wrote:Well, I marathoned the entire series up to the current season in about a week. That was both amazing and painful, because it's a really good show but I had to basically tie myself to a chair to watch it so quickly because it was hard to marathon at first because it was so slow. It's better now, but it started out kinda slow.

The Roosterteeth guys also talked about that theory on their Spoilercast and pointed out the scene in the flash-forward where he breaks the bacon and spells out his age, but I never saw any Jesse mannerisms during either of the flash-forwards unless I missed them.

This is true. We didn't hear Walt say "bitch!" at all!
mrstotoro

Postby seamus2389 » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 9:03am

mrstotoro wrote:
meDotJS wrote:Well, I marathoned the entire series up to the current season in about a week. That was both amazing and painful, because it's a really good show but I had to basically tie myself to a chair to watch it so quickly because it was hard to marathon at first because it was so slow. It's better now, but it started out kinda slow.

The theory behind him killing Jesse is the jacket he is wearing is something Jesse would wear. Also listening to the Breaking bad insider podcast where Walt buried the money is the reservation that's a title of a future episode. It's an actual reservation that the show has used for years.

Anna Gunn wrote an article in response to all the people hating on Sklyer and Marueen Mo Ryan also had a good follow up piece pointing out how it's only in the last 2 seasons that the writers have actually made her a proper character which is another thing Gillgan talks bout on the newest Breaking bad insider podcast.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/opini ... .html?_r=0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-r ... 10989.html

Finally this article which while I don't agree with all the specific points I do kinda agree BB is a lesser show compared to the Shield but I do think it's a bit soon to write it off as a footnote to the period of tv history

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-case ... ad,101439/
seamus2389

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 9:27am

seamus2389 wrote:
mrstotoro wrote:

The theory behind him killing Jesse is the jacket he is wearing is something Jesse would wear. Also listening to the Breaking bad insider podcast where Walt buried the money is the reservation that's a title of a future episode. It's an actual reservation that the show has used for years.

Anna Gunn wrote an article in response to all the people hating on Sklyer and Marueen Mo Ryan also had a good follow up piece pointing out how it's only in the last 2 seasons that the writers have actually made her a proper character which is another thing Gillgan talks bout on the newest Breaking bad insider podcast.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/opini ... .html?_r=0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-r ... 10989.html

Finally this article which while I don't agree with all the specific points I do kinda agree BB is a lesser show compared to the Shield but I do think it's a bit soon to write it off as a footnote to the period of tv history

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-case ... ad,101439/

I discussed the Anna Gunn op-ed piece on the podcast!
mrstotoro

Postby totoro » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 6:30pm

...holy shit...

the confession tape

I really didn't see this coming.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby totoro » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 7:06pm

Just so much going on in this episode.
totoro

Postby meDotJS » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 8:07pm

That confession tape was one of the greatest scenes in the entire show, it was just amazing how much Walt fucked over Hank in about 4 minutes. Also Hank's face while they were at that restaurant was amazingly angry. He just could not keep a calm face the entire time, you could just see his rage every second in that scene.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby meDotJS » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 8:20pm

Also a quick theory:
Walt is going to kill Jesse in this upcoming confrontation, he's gonna kill Skyler for some reason, things are going to get too hot, he's going to fake his death, and then this eraser guy is gonna set him up in New Hampshire, Hank is gonna go nuts, and Walt is gonna have to go back to his old home to have a showdown with Hank that will end with one of them dead. His neighbor was probably shocked to see Walt alive in the flash-forward. He's gonna use the machine gun in a final stand against Hank, probably to get his money back for some reason.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 9:01pm

How can the show be this good?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby meDotJS » Aug 25th, 2013 @ 9:11pm

Simple, Vince Gilligan sold his soul to the devil.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby meDotJS » Aug 26th, 2013 @ 7:11am

seamus2389 wrote:

I just noticed that Walt wasn't wearing a coat that Jesse would wear in that scene, he's wearing someone else's coat.

I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 10:17am

This show is getting straight up scary to watch.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 12:35pm

What if Walt survives the series?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 6:04pm

I don't think it's irrational to assume he will, aside from the cancer thing. I don't expect it's going to end in some kind of action movie bloodbath.
LiQuid

Postby seamus2389 » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 8:20pm

I am expecting a shield like ending where Walt lives but he has nothing left - family, money, power or that is what happened and he is coming back to be remembered like Scarface
seamus2389

Postby colesaul » Aug 29th, 2013 @ 2:04pm

I haven't watched any of this season. Is it worth catching up on or are the glory days behind us?
colesaul

Postby totoro » Aug 29th, 2013 @ 3:50pm

colesaul wrote:I haven't watched any of this season. Is it worth catching up on or are the glory days behind us?

Run, don't walk. It's very much worth getting caught up on.
totoro

Postby meDotJS » Aug 29th, 2013 @ 3:56pm

colesaul wrote:I haven't watched any of this season. Is it worth catching up on or are the glory days behind us?

Considering the most recent episode was one of the best, I'd say there's still good days ahead. This show truly is ending on a high note, which is good. I like that they aren't dragging this on, even if it does feel like they're starting to speed events up to fit everything in these last few episodes.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby totoro » Aug 29th, 2013 @ 3:59pm

meDotJS wrote:

Considering the most recent episode was one of the best, I'd say there's still good days ahead. This show truly is ending on a high note, which is good. I like that they aren't dragging this on, even if it does feel like they're starting to speed events up to fit everything in these last few episodes.

I don't think it feels like they're speeding things up at all, it just kind feels like it's been going at the same pace that it always has in the late season episodes of the show where the first half of the season was setup and now it's time for all of the plotlines to resolve themselves. And boy, are they resolving themselves.
totoro

Postby meDotJS » Aug 29th, 2013 @ 4:10pm

totoro wrote:
meDotJS wrote:

I don't think it feels like they're speeding things up at all, it just kind feels like it's been going at the same pace that it always has in the late season episodes of the show where the first half of the season was setup and now it's time for all of the plotlines to resolve themselves. And boy, are they resolving themselves.

I'm more talking timeline wise. I think if I remember right seasons 1-4 covered about a year, and season 5 alone is also a year.

If they get to the flash-forward that is.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 2nd, 2013 @ 4:44pm

Skyler is getting scary
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby totoro » Sep 3rd, 2013 @ 7:27am

Mr_eX wrote:Skyler is going Lady Macbeth
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Sep 3rd, 2013 @ 1:15pm

I dunno I think her heel turn has been pretty absurd. She's gone from reluctant accomplice to murderous mother hen in the span of a season. Walter's character arc has at least had this entire series to develop but Sky seems abrupt and kind of arbitrary.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 8th, 2013 @ 7:24pm

:o
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 9th, 2013 @ 8:26am

They were telegraphing that shit at the end way too hard. Especially with the cheesy final phone call. Too bad there was like a million fucking guns and nobody got shot tho. We will see how that plays out next week I guess but it looks like everybody is going to run out of ammo before anybody even gets hit.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 9th, 2013 @ 8:44am

I bet someone gets shot
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics