Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby LiQuid » Mar 21st, 2009 @ 11:54pm

One of my favorite shows on TV currently. The bathtub incident from season one was legendary.
LiQuid

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 22nd, 2009 @ 12:00am

Easily my favorite show on television (was 2nd, next to BSG, but that's over now). I actually just watched the entire first season again, today. I tell you, if you want to kill a good mood quick, switch that show on..
Lopsidedown

Postby LiQuid » Mar 22nd, 2009 @ 11:59am

No, but it's the kind of show where nearly every single episode there's some scene or event that makes me literally shout "OH SNAP!" at my TV, and there's something to be said about that kind of entertainment. :)
LiQuid

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 22nd, 2009 @ 6:30pm

I thought it would be the other way around, but at this point, I can't watch Malcolm In The Middle anymore without thinking of him as Walt White.
Lopsidedown

Postby enemy » Mar 23rd, 2009 @ 10:24am

This show is friggin awesome. Bryan Cranston does such a great job, especially after being so used to seeing him in Malcolm in the Middle and Seinfeld. There are so many truely funny scenes, balanced with those tense moments of wondering if this is going to be the time when everything just falls apart.

I can't recommend this show enough.
InternalBleeding.net | XBL: thefasterblade | PSN: killcrashdestroy | twitter
enemy

Postby LiQuid » Mar 23rd, 2009 @ 10:34am

mishima wrote:
milkplus wrote:
LiQuid wrote:No, but it's the kind of show where nearly every single episode there's some scene or event that makes me literally shout "OH SNAP!" at my TV, and there's something to be said about that kind of entertainment. :)

yeah i totally get this vibe too. just got done with the 5th episode and the whole intervention scene was tremendous! i think i want this show's horribly messed up babies.

The "OH SNAP!" :o :shock: :o :shock: moment for me was at the end of the ep.2 season 2, best ep. for me so far. Cant wait for for next one!

I'm gonna miss [spoiler]... :(
LiQuid

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 23rd, 2009 @ 12:41pm

I love how every episode starts off so slow, and even though there's drama and tension, you don't really even realize it's there. It's like the show sneaks up on you and then attacks. The last 10-15 minutes always end up having me on edge.
Lopsidedown

Postby lookout » Mar 24th, 2009 @ 7:34am

Watched season one and have now embarked on following the second.

Initially I checked it out when I realised Bryan Cranston (the father in Malcolm in the Middle) was the lead. Turned out to be well worth it, the most recent episode was particularly entertaining.
lookout

Postby Magitek85 » Mar 28th, 2009 @ 7:11am

I need to get the dvd of this today when my wife and I go into the big city. I've heard such good things and we need a new show to watch together at night.
Magitek85

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 9:15pm

At this point, I'm liking Jesse far more than Walt. Ever since the season 1 episode where he (Jesse) first went home and we got to see him with his family.

Almost makes me wish he finished the job that he started at the end of the last episode (I'm trying to avoid spoilers).
Last edited by Lopsidedown on Mar 30th, 2009 @ 10:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lopsidedown

Postby kenzo » May 14th, 2009 @ 8:42pm

I liked this show, but it isn't outstanding by any means. The beginning was entrancing, but the more I watch it, the more impatient I'm getting. It feels like there's no progress being made in the overall plot, except the depredation of Walt's marriage.
kenzo

Postby Jeff Greens Son » May 18th, 2009 @ 7:36pm

I thought last night's episode was one of the best in the series. But based on the preview of the next, I have no idea how the third season will be. And I'm hoping that Jesse doesn't die but I'm having trouble not seeing that happen soon.
Jeff Greens Son

Postby Lopsidedown » May 19th, 2009 @ 6:43am

I'm in agreement that this is easily one of the best episodes of the season. Despite how dark this show has been, I was still in complete shock at Walt's decision in the end. And it hurts to see Jesse, my favorite character, fall into such shit- but I commend the show for making me feel that way.
Lopsidedown

Postby Lopsidedown » May 31st, 2009 @ 8:10pm

Wow.
Lopsidedown

Postby myth » Jun 6th, 2009 @ 10:41am

I enjoy the show, though it does sort of feel like the meth version of Weeds.

Also, I no longer have extended cable and therefore can't watch any of the new episodes - and AMCTV.com only has the first two online. Bummer.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
myth

Postby Excellent_Choice » Jun 26th, 2009 @ 9:55pm

been following the show since the first season and i love it despite every few episodes theres one thats completely boring and seemingly pointless. two thumbs up for free on demand, in the middle of the second season i got three people to start watching it and they all back tracked to the first episode of season two and watched all of them on demand just to catch up. bryan cranston is the man! he was just as great on malcolm in the middle and to see him as this character on BB, wow .... amazing actor.
Excellent_Choice

Postby kenzo » Jul 5th, 2009 @ 7:59pm

Excellent_Choice wrote:two thumbs up for free on demand, in the middle of the second season i got three people to start watching it and they all back tracked to the first episode of season two and watched all of them on demand just to catch up.

I basically wouldn't have watched this show without a friend putting on the TV using Comcast On-Demand. I was getting close to giving up on this show forever, but with Walt's wife skipping town, and the independence afforded by setting up operations with the crooked lawyer, I'm excited to see if we're finally beginning to see if Walt will build a drug cartel. I really want that to happen, because it'll finally feel like the show is making some progress somewhere in an overarching narrative. Up until now it's felt kind of lost.
kenzo

Postby indieinsd » Mar 30th, 2010 @ 9:26pm

Thread bump. Kevin learn how to search.

New season is starting out real slow but Jesse getting
Spoiler: show
that house back was a pretty bad ass move.

Next weeks episode should deliver.
indieinsd

Postby kevinep3 » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 5:34am

indieinsd wrote:Thread bump. Kevin learn how to search.

haha i probably should but oh well, after sundays episode i have a feeling that walt wont be able to get out of doing it anymore because of the cartel.
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 6:45am

I've got a bad feeling that Skylar isn't going to make it through this season.
Those cartel guys ain't fucking around.
Lopsidedown

Postby kevinep3 » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 12:07pm

Lopsidedown wrote:I've got a bad feeling that Skylar isn't going to make it through this season.
Those cartel guys ain't fucking around.

to be honest i kind of want her to die but she also kinda needs to live, but i find it kinda funny that the more walts life gets out of control the more jesse gets control of his. but those cartel guys are gonna kill someone and im kinda thinking Hank or marie
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby indieinsd » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 12:14pm

kevinep3 wrote:
indieinsd wrote:Thread bump. Kevin learn how to search.

haha i probably should but oh well, after sundays episode i have a feeling that walt wont be able to get out of doing it anymore because of the cartel.

Walts got friends in high places.
Pollo Man knows he has/had cancer, knows his brother in law is DEA, and has major connections in the mexican cartel. My guess is Pollo Man wants get Walt back in the game to teach how to make the blue shit in his seemingly new warehouse. Line cook meth?
indieinsd

Postby kenzo » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 11:21pm

"I got your restraining order right here! Restrain this!"
kenzo

Postby indieinsd » Apr 5th, 2010 @ 4:24am

That is how you make a good filler episode. It setup the rest of the season going forward while still giving the audience some kick ass moments.
I fucked Ted.
indieinsd

Postby James-Kond » Apr 18th, 2010 @ 9:55am

Jo people, I recently marathoned this whole show from Season 1 till Season 3 :p

And I will say, damned amazing, go AMC.
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby indieinsd » Apr 26th, 2010 @ 2:12pm

Last night episode was sooooo good.
Axe boys with Tribal Police, Walt with his intellectual equal in the lab, Hank tailing Jesse to the Junkyard, Reuniting Walt with Jesse (And Jesse with Skinny and Badger), and Pollo throwing Hank under the Bus to the Axe Boys.
indieinsd

Postby James-Kond » Apr 26th, 2010 @ 2:45pm

Mhh I found the acting of our good Walt to be a bit off this time, I mean, he didn't convince me he really was stressed out over the whole Hank thing that much and why the hell did he stay with Jesse to see the RV being destroyed and risk getting fucked by some police back up? But well.. I like how the rest of the plot is thickening though, also calling it: That assistant of Walt isn't just learning his recipe and stuff and when he knows enough the Chicken Boss will feed Walt to the Latino Gangster Twins and guess who's help he needs to kill those bastards? Jesse's! ;D
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 26th, 2010 @ 3:30pm

James-Kond wrote:Jo people, I recently marathoned this whole show from Season 1 till Season 3 :p

And I will say, damned amazing, go AMC.

I'm about to do the same. I saw most of season 1 already but I'll go through it for a recap.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby LiQuid » Apr 26th, 2010 @ 4:05pm

Thanks for the spoiler tags dudes. I have a couple weeks to catch up with. Did the finale air yet? If not I think I'll wait til that and marathon the rest. Skylar was starting to piss me off too much to wait a week between episode. I want her to die like [spoiler] did in Dexter.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 26th, 2010 @ 4:27pm

Christ, I just realized I was only 3 episodes in. Felt like 6 or 7 with all the shit that's been going down. I guess I'll just catch up and try to maintain it weekly. The show's too damn good. One of the best shows currently airing, honestly.
LiQuid

Next
Forum Statistics