Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 30th, 2011 @ 12:37pm

Decent episode. Still nothing as good as "The Prisoner of Benda."
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 2nd, 2011 @ 11:50am

LiQuid wrote:
kenzo wrote:the old Futurama was just as bad at this.

Glad someone finally realizes that everything Matt Groening has ever done has been bad. Shit got cancelled for a reason. The only reason Simpsons never got cancelled is because it's some sort of shitty American icon. Simpsons was never good to begin with either. Except for Simpsons Sing the Blues. That shit was alright!

You know what would be cool? If they cancelled the Simpsons and put Adventure Time on in its timeslot so the rest of America could discover what a good cartoon is.

Yeah, he wasn't saying any of this at all. :roll:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Aug 4th, 2011 @ 11:09pm

This week's episode was pretty friggin' awesome.

Also, another sighting of The Doctor! That's two for two. This can't be a coincidence. What... what if this is a prelude to a Doctor Who episode not unlike the Star Trek episode that happened during the show's first run???? :shock: :o
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby manta173 » Aug 5th, 2011 @ 6:39am

kenzo wrote:This week's episode was pretty friggin' awesome.

Also, another sighting of The Doctor! That's two for two. This can't be a coincidence. What... what if this is a prelude to a Doctor Who episode not unlike the Star Trek episode that happened during the show's first run???? :shock: :o


This would be awesome. (I'm 2 episodes behind right now, but this will motivate me to watch them this weekend.)
manta173
User avatar
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011 @ 9:54am
Location: Decatur, AL

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 8th, 2011 @ 3:40pm

Finally, a laugh out loud episode!

"Maybe if I move the compass like this, it will somehow kill the whale!" :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 20th, 2011 @ 12:55pm

Any episode with a Rube-Goldberg death machine is a winner in my book. 8-)
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Aug 20th, 2011 @ 2:00pm

I love that they're bothering to flesh out Zoidberg's character more this season rather than continually making the same old poor/pathetic-jokes about him.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 9:56pm

A decent episode last week, marked by the return of both Earthican President Nixon and Professor Wormstrom, and a rare heart-warming moment between Fry and his dad.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby MrBiggs » Sep 4th, 2011 @ 6:48am

I feel like HardOCP should have been listed as consultants on this last episode. Hollywood writers aren't supposed to be that tech savvy.
MrBiggs
User avatar
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mar 19th, 2009 @ 4:44pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Sep 4th, 2011 @ 12:30pm

MrBiggs wrote:I feel like HardOCP should have been listed as consultants on this last episode. Hollywood writers aren't supposed to be that tech savvy.
Have you paid attention to Futurama at all? This show is written by the biggest nerds ever.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 4th, 2011 @ 2:04pm

Good episode this week. More insight into the final destiny between Fry and Leela and some hilarious legal loopholes. :mrgreen:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Sep 5th, 2011 @ 3:46am

jinpei05 wrote:More insight into the final destiny between Fry and Leela
But there was zero insight really. Their faces just switched back and forth from happy to sad repeatedly, meaning we're sure to see the same wishy-washy back and forth continue for the foreseeable future, even though this should have been settled a many number of times. It's honestly getting kind of annoying at this point, but at least the show is self-conscious about that.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 11:13am

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:More insight into the final destiny between Fry and Leela
But there was zero insight really. Their faces just switched back and forth from happy to sad repeatedly, meaning we're sure to see the same wishy-washy back and forth continue for the foreseeable future, even though this should have been settled a many number of times. It's honestly getting kind of annoying at this point, but at least the show is self-conscious about that.

Did you really want them to spoil everything??? :roll:

It's the journey, not the destination.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 12:31pm

jinpei05 wrote:It's the journey, not the destination.
This journey however, just circles in an infinite loop of status quo maintenance. Becoming a steady couple isn't the destination of an interpersonal relationship - real relationships continually evolve. Keeping their relationship in a limbo isn't a journey, it's just lazy writing.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 12:37pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:It's the journey, not the destination.
This journey however, just circles in an infinite loop of status quo maintenance. Becoming a steady couple isn't the destination of an interpersonal relationship - real relationships continually evolve. Keeping their relationship in a limbo isn't a journey, it's just lazy writing.

You do realize this is an animated show of fictional characters, right?

As long as the journey is entertaining, and it has been, who cares if it's status quo? Ranma and Akane's relationship was status quo for its entire run, and that series didn't suffer.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 2:32pm

jinpei05 wrote:You do realize this is an animated show of fictional characters, right?
I feel like we've had this conversation before. Being animated shouldn't be an excuse for bad writing.

jinpei05 wrote:As long as the journey is entertaining, and it has been, who cares if it's status quo?
I guess I have different expectations for Futurama? The first run of the show had a slow but remarkable buildup for Fry & Leela. And by the end of the films, it looked like they'd basically come to terms and became a "couple" or whatever happens in the distant future. And this last new season they've had on Comedy Central, everything in it feels like backtracking.

jinpei05 wrote:Ranma and Akane's relationship was status quo for its entire run, and that series didn't suffer.
Their "relationship" was a slow buildup, not unlike the first four seasons of Futurama. It wasn't huge or anything, but it was there. And by the end of the comics, they've resolved to get married. But unlike Futurama that bills their relationship as a kind of central theme, Ranma was much more muddled in love triangles, and love pentagons, and love dodecahedrons as a distraction from the get-go.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 6th, 2011 @ 3:39pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:You do realize this is an animated show of fictional characters, right?
I feel like we've had this conversation before. Being animated shouldn't be an excuse for bad writing.

Says the guy who has an unnatural love for MGS. :roll:

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:As long as the journey is entertaining, and it has been, who cares if it's status quo?
I guess I have different expectations for Futurama? The first run of the show had a slow but remarkable buildup for Fry & Leela. And by the end of the films, it looked like they'd basically come to terms and became a "couple" or whatever happens in the distant future. And this last new season they've had on Comedy Central, everything in it feels like backtracking.

To be fair, the end of their run on Fox was believed to be end of the series, as were the movies. As the announcer on Tales of Interest says, "YOU WATCHED IT! YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT!"

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Ranma and Akane's relationship was status quo for its entire run, and that series didn't suffer.
Their "relationship" was a slow buildup, not unlike the first four seasons of Futurama. It wasn't huge or anything, but it was there. And by the end of the comics, they've resolved to get married. But unlike Futurama that bills their relationship as a kind of central theme, Ranma was much more muddled in love triangles, and love pentagons, and love dodecahedrons as a distraction from the get-go.

I know that the manga actually develops their romance, as well as Ranma's fighting skill set and relationships with the other characters. Again, I'm talking strictly about the anime. The same schtick ran throughout the run: episodes with Ranma fighting a foe, losing badly, then learning a new skill and kicking said foe's ass in between episodes where Ranma pisses off Akane or vice versa through a simple misunderstanding, then a resolution is reached.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby kenzo » Sep 9th, 2011 @ 4:14am

All that nonsense about things that aren't Futurama aside, last night's episode was quite possibly the best episode of Futurama ever. I don't think I stopped LOLing for a single moment. And all the throwback graphics were just fantastifabulous.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby Rebecca » Sep 9th, 2011 @ 3:49pm

It should just be Action Delivery Force from now on.. :lol:
Rebecca
User avatar
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 1:54pm
Location: England

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 11th, 2011 @ 12:54pm

kenzo wrote:All that nonsense about things that aren't Futurama aside, last night's episode was quite possibly the best episode of Futurama ever. I don't think I stopped LOLing for a single moment. And all the throwback graphics were just fantastifabulous.

This from the guy who has higher expectations from Futurama. :lol:

Meh, it was aite. Using the Battle of the Planets theme song was a nice touch. Still, not even close to "The Prisoner of Benda." Hope next season is a lot stronger.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: FUTURAMA!!!

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 5:05pm

Ugh. Season 7 won't begin to air until late 2012 and won't finish until 2013.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Viagra Erfahrungen Mit JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Dec 29th, 2018 @ 2:45pm

Side Effects Amoxicillin Buy Inderal Online viagra Viagra Comment Marche Prix Du Clomid Franche Comte online pharmacy Amoxicillin 875 Mg Abscessed Tooth Buy Accutane V
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Over The Counter Gabapentin JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 14th, 2019 @ 8:53pm

Propecia Canas http://xzanax.com Viagra 100 Roma Cialis Farmacia On Line cheap cialis online Donde Puedo Comprar Cytotec En Usa Buy Lasix Water Pills Online Varicocele Propecia cheap 80 mg vardenafil hcl Cialis Generika Kaufen Rezeptfrei Cialis Tadalafil En Ligne Cialis Traitement Continu Vendo Cialis En Madrid generic cialis Stendra Without Perscription Internet Overseas Propecia Hormones Male Pattern Baldness cialis vs viagra Valacyclovir Hcl 1 Gram Tablet Canadian Generic Drug Manufacturers Propecia With Synthroid Acheter Cialis Ligne Andorre Priligy Erfaringer buy levitra professional Cialis Pour Homme Prix Online Pharmacy No Rx Fedex Doxycycline Tablet Cheap
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Cialis 10mg moins cher JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 14th, 2019 @ 8:54pm

Propecia Leberwerte Generico Del Cialis generic levitra no prescription Amoxicilina Amoxiclav Sandoz Cheap Effexor Canadian Medicine Online Prescription Sales Of Viagra viagra Erfahrungen Mit Cialis 5mg Cialis Vendita Generico Comprar Cialis Generico Barato http://xzanax.com Kamagra Sildenafil 32 Pills Sample Pack Inhousepharmacybiz No Prescription Cialis viagra Women Viagra Amoxicillin 500 Mg Breastfeeding Cialis Without A Priligy Y Levitra Hydrochlorothiazide Cod Accepted From Canada cialis Buy Doxycycline In Usa Propecia Free Trial buy liquid accutane Viagra Kaufen Aus Deutschland cialis 5 mg best price usa Kamagra Farmaco Canadian Mall Pharmacy
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Propecia Contraindicaciones JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 19th, 2019 @ 5:54am

Levitra En Ligne Canada Achat Cialis Rapide Cialis 20 Prezzo cialis 5 mg Generic Tadalafil Order Elocon Best Website Overseas What Is The Definition Of Amoxicillin cialis Precios Cialis Alicante Where I Can Buy Fast Flagyl No Rx generic 5mg cialis best price Propecia Organic Amoxicillin Capsules Images Rx One Pharmacy Canada Non Generic Baclofene Et Sep Quiero Comprar Cialis Espana viagra Acheter Du Levitra En Ligne What Is Amoxil Used For Viagra Gro?En Achat Pillule Viagra levitra with dapoxetine reviews Kamagra Jelly For Sale Buy Generic Cialis From India
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Amoxil 49 Ml Water JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 19th, 2019 @ 5:55am

Chewable Kamagra Amoxicillin For Canines Side Effects cialis 20mg price at walmart Se Puede Comprar Viagra En La Farmacia Acheter Levitra Medicament Viagra Prix Vente Viagraorderonline Buy Viagra From India Canada Cheap Propecia levitra dosage 40 mg Priligy Crema Buy Accutane Online From Canada Finasteride Side Effects Penicillin Versus Amoxicillin Vmax Viagra where to get antabuse in massachusetts Propecia Generic Finasteride Clinically Proven
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Opinion Levitra JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 28th, 2019 @ 2:47pm

Ampicillin With Out A Dr Priligy Yahoo buy levitra generic online Levitra Pro Pas Cher Viagra Falscher
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Retina A Without A Rx JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Jan 28th, 2019 @ 2:48pm

Buy Amoxicillin Without Px Cialis 20mg Price filitra vardenafil tablets Nexium Pills Online Sun Exposure And Amoxicillin cialis without prescription Cephalexin Dose For Dog Best Rx Life Compro Viagra Poco Prezzo Mexico Preis Viagra 25 Generic Lipitor And Pharmacy buy generic cialis online Propecia Sin Efectos Secundarios Online0yarmacy4save Levitra Online Kaufen Erfahrung Cialis Generico 5mg Viagra Erfahrungsberichte Isotretinoin Tab Internet Pharmacy buy viagra Will Keflex Cure Pnumonia
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Achat Kamagra En Espagne JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Feb 5th, 2019 @ 12:13pm

Discount Generic Zentel Real From Canada Overseas Shop viagra online pharmacy Normal Dosage Amoxicillin Tooth Effetti Collaterali Viagra It Buy Cheap Cialis Uk Comprar Cialis Barato generic 5mg cialis best price Gel Kamagra Francia Cialis Kje Dobiti Where Can I Buy Cheap Flagyl With No Prescription On Line Clobetasol viagra Generic Cialis For Sale Online Price Of Levitra In Canada Cialis 20mg Einnahme cialis overnight shipping from usa When To Take Viagra Ciproflaxin Printable Coupons For Propecia Viagra Schweiz Propecia Cortisol Treating Acne With Amoxicillin levitra 20mg Kamagra Jelly 200mg Mexican Pharmacy Viagra Pharmacie Qui Vendent Deux Viagra Et De Dapoxetine Secure Zentel 400mg Cash Delivery Kajal Ject 60 cost of levitra at savon pharmacy Viagra Achat Kamagra Viagra Para Las Mujeres
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Comment Faire Pour Obtenir Dapoxetine JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Feb 5th, 2019 @ 12:14pm

3000 Mg Amoxicillin A Day cialis without prescription Propecia Caratteristiche Como Tomar La Viagra Calificaciones Con Propecia viagra prescription Priligy Informacion Para Prescribir Viagra Scadenza Brevetto Amoxicillin Paris Vente Pas Cher buy cialis online Viagra Temps D'Action
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron