Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Creep » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 11:35am

Raine wrote:Y'know, I didn't like this movie. I just don't think it holds up to other films in the low budget horror-comedy area. Evil Dead 2 and Dead Alive are just leagues better.

This movie needed more zombie pets, more gore, and way more Tom Atkins.

Truth be told there's not much I can say about this movie. I had planned on taking notes while I watched it and writing out a full review, but instead I ended up watching it with my wife while I ate ice cream. I'll try harder next time.



I hear you. I discovered this movie with my older brother back in the day late at night on HBO. He hates it with a passion to this day. He thinks it's corny and dumb. Meanwhile I found it entertaining. There may be better horror/comedy amalgams out there, but this one has a unique bouquet of horror with comedy elements wrapped in a distinctive 80's flavor. Nowadays I think I like it mostly for the nostalgia factor though.
Creep
User avatar
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009 @ 1:46am

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby kiwi » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 12:46pm

Just finished watching it, and I have to admit that I didn't hate it. It has such primo cheese that you can't help but keep watching. There were a lot of great one liners, for sure.

Love the gif, too. That's how you flip a bird.
kiwi
User avatar
 
Posts: 428
Joined: May 13th, 2009 @ 10:33pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Raine » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 12:59pm

Bobloblaw wrote:What kind of ice cream?


Cookies and Cream. Wasn't the good kind, was the stuff you buy in the gallon bucket. Not too bad though.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 1:11pm

Did you put anything on the ice cream? If so what and if not why not?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 6:24pm

Raine wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:What kind of ice cream?


Cookies and Cream.

Peaches n Cream > Cookies n Cream
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 6:45pm

Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby kenzo » Apr 19th, 2010 @ 8:03pm

LiQuid wrote:
Raine wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:What kind of ice cream?


Cookies and Cream.

Peaches n Cream > Cookies n Cream

Berries and Cream > All that other shit.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 3:10am

Bobloblaw wrote:


I like peaches.

I don't know why, but I was holding out that you linked to the real Peaches. :(

LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 3:44am

LiQuid wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:


I like peaches.

I don't know why, but I was holding out that you linked to the real Peaches. :(



I thought the same thing, but then I got a blast from the 90's
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby kenzo » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 3:58am

LiQuid wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:


I like peaches.

I don't know why, but I was holding out that you linked to the real Peaches. :(


I have heard this song here and there for the better part of a decade but never knew what it was called or how to find it. No words I can type here can accurately reflect how jubilant I feel inside upon this epiphany.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 4:04am

Really? It's got some, er, memorable lyrics... You can type virtually any three or four words from it into Google and come up with a positive hit on it. Someone needs to level up their internetting skill.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Raine » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:07am

Mr_eX wrote:Did you put anything on the ice cream? If so what and if not why not?


Well ya see, plain vanilla and plain chocolate are like yummy canvas', ready for the artistry of toppings. Things like cookies and cream come more or less pre-toppinged and it'd be overkill to put anything additional on top.

I'm actually enjoying this ice cream discussion.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:36am

LiQuid wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:


I like peaches.

I don't know why, but I was holding out that you linked to the real Peaches. :(


I went back and forth between the two videos. The President's peaches has ninjas.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:39am

Raine wrote:Well ya see, plain vanilla and plain chocolate are like yummy canvas', ready for the artistry of toppings. Things like cookies and cream come more or less pre-toppinged and it'd be overkill to put anything additional on top.

I'm actually enjoying this ice cream discussion.


I was worried b/c a sub-standard ice cream could negatively affect your movie viewing. Cookies and cream can stand on its own but adding a little crushed oreo can only help the cookie balance.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:17am

Oh man I had some Butterfinger ice cream last night, it was awesome. It's like vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and crushed up Butterfingers in it.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:24am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:Oh man I had some Butterfinger ice cream last night, it was awesome. It's like vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and crushed up Butterfingers in it.


Peanut butter makes ice cream better. If you have a Cold Stone Creamery near you, I highly recommend Peanut Butter Cup Perfection.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:25am

Bobloblaw wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:Oh man I had some Butterfinger ice cream last night, it was awesome. It's like vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and crushed up Butterfingers in it.


Peanut butter makes ice cream better. If you have a Cold Stone Creamery near you, I highly recommend Peanut Butter Cup Perfection.


I'll try it next time I visit the mall.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:33am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I'll try it next time I visit the mall.


Warning. It may reduce all other ice cream to a sub standard experience.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 8:33am

Cold Stone Creamery is like the fucking pinnacle of human consumables. The only one I know of in WI is the stall they open up at Summerfest every year, and I always hit that shit up.

Fake edit: Man checking the map there's actually one in my neighborhood just a few miles from my apartment! Holy shit! This could get unhealthy.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 9:42am

Bobloblaw wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I'll try it next time I visit the mall.


Warning. It may reduce all other ice cream to a sub standard experience.


Cold Stone will be making a shit ton of money then.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 9:45am

LiQuid wrote:Cold Stone Creamery is like the fucking pinnacle of human consumables. The only one I know of in WI is the stall they open up at Summerfest every year, and I always hit that shit up.

Fake edit: Man checking the map there's actually one in my neighborhood just a few miles from my apartment! Holy shit! This could get unhealthy.


I used to live right next to a 7-Eleven, we shared an alley, they had those pint sized cups of Cold Stone ice cream. I was there once every few days getting one, along with my Slurpee fix of course.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby dabeast0976 » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 10:22am

There's a Cold Stone by me in Queens, but i haven't been there in years. Quick question, do they still sing when you put a tip in the jar? I remember they sang a tip song that sounded like the old Adam's Family theme song. My friend and i would stand in the front and throw dimes in while our girls were on line just to hear them sing. Funny, that seems to be the last time we went there...
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 10:58am

dabeast0976 wrote:There's a Cold Stone by me in Queens, but i haven't been there in years. Quick question, do they still sing when you put a tip in the jar? I remember they sang a tip song that sounded like the old Adam's Family theme song. My friend and i would stand in the front and throw dimes in while our girls were on line just to hear them sing. Funny, that seems to be the last time we went there...


Yeah I think they still do that.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:16am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I used to live right next to a 7-Eleven, we shared an alley, they had those pint sized cups of Cold Stone ice cream. I was there once every few days getting one, along with my Slurpee fix of course.


The fresh scooped ice cream with toppings is a lot better than the pint.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:24am

No love for Bruster's Ice Cream? They're pretty awesome.

Liquid what are you doing talking about ice cream? You should be saying how much better frozen custard is from Kopps or Gilles.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Bobloblaw » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:40am

Mr_eX wrote:No love for Bruster's Ice Cream? They're pretty awesome.

Liquid what are you doing talking about ice cream? You should be saying how much better frozen custard is from Kopps or Gilles.


I haven't tried Bruster's Ice Cream. Every time I try something other than Peanut Butter Cup Perfection, I generally feel like I wasted an ice cream opportunity.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 12:17pm

Mr_eX wrote:No love for Bruster's Ice Cream? They're pretty awesome.

Liquid what are you doing talking about ice cream? You should be saying how much better frozen custard is from Kopps or Gilles.

Never even heard of Gilles, and I usually just get burgers from Kopp's. I have to be in a particular mood for ice cream to be honest. When I'm walking around on the lakefront at Summerfest, it's a no brainer, but when I'm just driving around I very ever rarely just think to go get some ice cream.

Besides, everybody knows Leon's is the best in Milwaukee.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 12:27pm

LiQuid wrote:Besides, everybody knows Leon's is the best in Milwaukee.


You can't be serious. Everyone knows Kopps is the best, it's not even up for debate.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby dabeast0976 » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 1:05pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
dabeast0976 wrote:There's a Cold Stone by me in Queens, but i haven't been there in years. Quick question, do they still sing when you put a tip in the jar? I remember they sang a tip song that sounded like the old Adam's Family theme song. My friend and i would stand in the front and throw dimes in while our girls were on line just to hear them sing. Funny, that seems to be the last time we went there...


Yeah I think they still do that.


Good. I got a pocketful of dimes and a 1 year old girl that likes to hear people sing. :lol:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: Moviebox: 4/10 -4/24 Night of the Creeps

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 20th, 2010 @ 1:26pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I used to live right next to a 7-Eleven, we shared an alley, they had those pint sized cups of Cold Stone ice cream. I was there once every few days getting one, along with my Slurpee fix of course.


The fresh scooped ice cream with toppings is a lot better than the pint.


Agreed, but for it I'd have to walk awhile to get to the shopping center and back then I was a little to lazy for that. I also had to take advantage of the next door 7-Eleven.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron