Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Konanda » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 9:28pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:Everyone who says they wouldn't do twelve episodes of the Jersey Shore for say, five million dollars, is a fucking liar. You guys are way more fake than anyone on this show. Fuck you guys and your hypocritical bullshit!
Fuck you kenzo! I have different priorities than you do get it through your head man.
So, you're going to school right now to not make money then?

The goal is to become employed at the end of my studies in the field of electrical engineering instead of being employeed as a douchebag on a trashy television show.

I suppose the other option is to continue on in academia but currently I'd rather not.

Also who's to say it could change maybe I'll wind up deciding to go join an NGO like Engineers Without Borders for awhile or something like that. They still pay you but being an NGO ya it's not on the same level as in private industry or for a crown company. Or maybe I'll work in some start up with some of my colleagues. Who's to say it's in the future but I can tell you that I have zero interest in going on some bullshit reality television show especially one where the whole idea of talent is potraying yourself as a useless tool.

I mean you can call me a communist if you want again but I want to contribute something that will be beneficial to society once I'm out in the real world and I don't think what you describe really is.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 10:45pm

From my perspective it's like this:

It takes a few months out of your life. For a year or two tops, people will remember you as that guy on that show, but they don't call it "15 minutes of fame" for nothing. Everyone will forget. You won't be running or ruining the rest of your life.

But you will have millions of dollars. And you can go back to school, get your degree and shit, but now you've got a bunch of cash monies. You can use it however you like, so you never have to go into debt, or can afford to wait around and find the perfect job for you, or you can work that NGO because it feels good and not have to worry about choosing between eating and rent, or you can finance that start up with your friends. And if having a positive effect on society is all that matters to you, you can take those millions of dollars, and fuckin' donate it to some cause you like, which will probably effect society in a much more intense and positive manner than anything you can muster on the side of trying to scrape up a living for yourself.

And all for what? It's not like you're letting someone rape you, or mutilate you, or you have to sit in a tank of cockroaches for as long as possible. You crash with some random people for about a month, you let cameras follow you around, and you party and get drunk like you normally do, just a lil more frequently. The room and board is all paid for, all the roommates get together and make delicious looking communal dinners, you get plenty of spending money to just have fun and do whatever you want while you're there. Basically, you get to live KindGalaxy's awesome life and get paid millions of dollars to do so. I just don't see the issue.

And I know other people have different priorities and such, but I'm just flabbergasted at how quick everyone here is to completely dismiss the possibility. And everyone here who is dumping shit all over the idea hasn't even seen this show either - you're all just making a snap judgement about it based on reputation, which isn't very logical.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 14th, 2010 @ 10:13pm

Oh man! Secret new episode snuck onto my DVR on Sunday and I didn't notice it! Awesomeeee!!!!
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 12:32am

As a little kid I used to think about being on shows like this, only less extreme. I don't think I would now, the lifestyle just isn't me. I would be too boring to be put on TV.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 6:54am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I would be too boring to be put on TV.

That is where the script comes into play.
Bobloblaw

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 7:12am

I wouldn't follow the script though, most the things they do I couldn't do anyway. Loud noises frustrate me, I can't sleep in a room not by myself, I need all the doors closed in the house or I feel uncomfortable, I would not be good for reality tv.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 7:14am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I wouldn't follow the script though, most the things they do I couldn't do anyway. Loud noises frustrate me, I can't sleep in a room not by myself, I need all the doors closed in the house or I feel uncomfortable, I would not be good for reality tv.

The grouchy, uncomfortable, frustrated guy is a staple of reality television.
Bobloblaw

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 7:36am

Maybe I could make it!

I'd be the first one asked to move out. Do they still do that?
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 7:57am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:Maybe I could make it!

Voted off, eliminated or drama queen walk off I am sure something would be worked out.
Bobloblaw

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 1:41pm

Bobloblaw wrote:

Voted off, eliminated or drama queen walk off I am sure something would be worked out.

Clearout, fuckheads.
kenzo

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 1:44pm

kenzo wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:

Clearout, fuckheads.

Drama queen walk off is clearly a Jersey Shore reference.
Bobloblaw

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 2:03pm

Bobloblaw wrote:Drama queen walk off is clearly a Jersey Shore reference.
If you watch the show, I apologize. But it's time to sweep naysaysers like Bear out of these threads.
kenzo

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 2:40pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I wouldn't follow the script though, most the things they do I couldn't do anyway. Loud noises frustrate me, I can't sleep in a room not by myself, I need all the doors closed in the house or I feel uncomfortable, I would not be good for reality tv.

y0, I think it's time to man up a bit. If that shit bothers you life is gonna suck.
lemon-fresh

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 2:56pm

lemon-fresh wrote:
y0, I think it's time to man up a bit. If that shit bothers you life is gonna suck.
Exactly. I used to be the same way, and life was miserable in college until I learned to relax a little and just live with it. When I stopped being overly sensitive and pretentious about the shit around me like that, all of a sudden I was a much happier, well adjusted person.
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 8:30pm

I'm being over sensitive, but I don't think any of what bothers me is pretentious. And sure the load noises I need to grow out of, but I have an anxiety problem, and if load noises give me anxiety that's not something I can just get over and man up about in a couple days. Yeah, I do agree it will make my life suck. I do need to get over it, and if I would just do shit it would probably all go away, but all my issues go back to my childhood so I've been doing this crap for awhile.

I'm not a naysayer, other than the fact that I don't watch. I'm not saying the show is bad, or anything is wrong with the people who do watch it. I will give it that the show has its merits and offers a lot of things people like, they just happen to be things that I do not.

And I only posted here because no one was admitting that they would take a mil to be on a reality show, when you know damn well most people would. If you want to get back to Jersey Shore I'll gladly leave, but this conversation stopped being about Jersey Shore more than a few posts ago.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2010 @ 9:59pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:...but this conversation stopped being about Jersey Shore more than a few posts ago.
Yeah I know, just tryin' to get back on track. All that crap we argued about previously was stupid.

And as for anxiety problems, good luck with that, seriously. I'm not qualified to give meaningful and useful advice. But I do now that as people get older, it's harder and harder for them to change - it's just how the brain works. So if you want to change yourself, there's literally no better time than now - because the more you wait, the harder it'll be to change.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 18th, 2010 @ 8:46am

OMFG UNCLE NINO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 18th, 2010 @ 12:28pm

LiQuid wrote:OMFG UNCLE NINO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"RAMMINASDAF 3@#$@ FULKINSASFASFIE ASURYAHSAS234 GREAT PAIR OF TITS!"
kenzo

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 20th, 2010 @ 10:34am

kenzo wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:...but this conversation stopped being about Jersey Shore more than a few posts ago.
Yeah I know, just tryin' to get back on track. All that crap we argued about previously was stupid.

And as for anxiety problems, good luck with that, seriously. I'm not qualified to give meaningful and useful advice. But I do now that as people get older, it's harder and harder for them to change - it's just how the brain works. So if you want to change yourself, there's literally no better time than now - because the more you wait, the harder it'll be to change.

I have repetitive noise anxiety and life can be hellish at times. I nearly have a mental breakdown when the girl with long nails in the cube next to me is banging away on the keyboard.... FUUUUUUUUCK!
lemon-fresh

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 20th, 2010 @ 10:35am

LiQuid wrote:OMFG UNCLE NINO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretttty sure that dood is on the nose candy....
lemon-fresh

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2010 @ 2:50pm

lemon-fresh wrote:

Pretttty sure that dood is on the nose candy....

As someone who just had his basement contractor OD on numerous types of nose candy, I can say 100% that he is.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 5th, 2011 @ 3:31am

Had to bump the ol' JS thread to celebrate the release of Snooki's new book! I can NOT wait to get my hands on it. Just reading excerpts on the web has me bawling tears of hysterical joy.

A hot guido was staring at her - in a nice way - from across the room.

Gia smiled at him. His back against the wall, he stood just off the dance floor, thumb in a belt loop. His chest muscles strained the fabric of his black tank top. It fit across a tummy that was hard and flat enough to cut salami on. No tattoos, which meant plenty of empty space on his arms to ink PROPERTY OF GIA. He started as if he could see through her dress, right down to the zebra-print bra and thong set underneath.

“I found him,” Gia said to Bella, draining her Slippery Nipple in one long suck…

Right at that moment, a Deadmau5 mix came on. He was her fave; it was a sign. She stepped onto the dance floor. The music took her over. Dancing had to be Gia’s second favorite way to work up a sweat. It definitely beat going to the gym. For exercise, Gia cranked house music in her bedroom and danced until her legs felt numb. She loved dancing and was talented, too. Gia won a contest while in high school for shaking it the longest and hardest without spilling a single drop of her vodka tonic.

Tonight, she aimed her gyrating hips straight at Salami Boy. The guy could take a hint. In two seconds, he creeped over to her. In five seconds, they were grinding, her butt pressed against his thighs.

She turned around to introduce herself. “I’m Gia,” she screamed in his ear above the music.

“Rocky,” he said, putting a bear paw on her waist and holding her against him.

Rocky in his jeans, thought Gia.

Even in the dark room, his blue eyes dazzled Gia. Ice blue. Something about light eyes on dark skin always made Gia’s body temperature rise. The music was too loud to talk, not that it mattered. Gia wasn’t interested in making a deep soul connection. Tonight was all about the three D’s: Drinking, Dancing, and Duh.

“Are you from around here?” she yelled.

“You got a nice rack,” screamed Rocky in reply.

Well, yeah, she thought. Okay, not a supergenius. That was fine. Gia didn’t judge. She was glad he approved.

“Come here,” he said, lifting her off her heels to bring her lips to his. She had to wrap her legs around his hips to stay up there. Here we go, thought Gia. Twenty minutes from club entry to hookup. This might be a record, even for her.

“Bitch, get away from him!” pealed a shrill voice from behind.

Bony fingers grabbed Gia’s shoulder and yanked her out of Rocky’s arms. She hit the floor on her heels like a cat, but then stumbled and landed on her ass embarrassingly. A few guys stared, jaws unhinged, at her sprawled on the dance floor. One started drooling.

“Oops,” she said, realizing her dress was pushed up around her waist. Full-frontal thong exposure….

Gia met the eyes of the seething blonde bimbo who’d thrown her to the floor. The girl’s arms were in battle position, ready to go. Rocky stood behind her, grinning as innocently as a choirboy.

The blonde lowered her arms suddently. “Gia friggin’ Spumanti.”

“Oh my freakin God,” said Gia. “Linda Patterson.”
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 5th, 2011 @ 3:59am

There's no way Snookie wrote this. I honestly don't believe she's literate.

Edit: Also, holy effing balls that was an amazing read!!!
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 5th, 2011 @ 11:14am

I had the exact same thought. I'd wager it was mostly ghost written and they had Snooker Doodles at the shit kicking sessions so they could stick her name and face on the book. It's clear exploitation on an exponentially higher level than the show could ever touch. I gotta say though, even as a pretty stalwart fan of the show I couldn't write that in character. I'm sure the authoring of this book involved Snooki with a lot of vodka, pickles and a stenographer.

Soon as I get my next paycheck I'm gonna pick a copy of this up and tear through it. Totally can't wait.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 5th, 2011 @ 1:36pm

Yeah, definitely a combo of ghost-writer and a series of drunken interviews to mine for information. Also, if you told me J-Woww wrote this as a collaboration with Snooki looking over her shoulder, just like 'The Letter', I would believe you.
kenzo

Postby the eye in the sky » Jan 8th, 2011 @ 4:41pm

Has anyone watched the new episode yet?
Last edited by the eye in the sky on Jan 8th, 2011 @ 11:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
Which is the best band name? converse about the universe, laws of motion, fingers as toes or actual size
the eye in the sky

Postby kenzo » Jan 8th, 2011 @ 5:29pm

Oh man, this season premier was awesome! Hella drama from the get go. New girl gets butt naked on accident, Snooki sexually assaults Vinny, J-Woww/Sammy fist fight, Sammy/Ronnie are idiots and choose to stay in the room with three beds, forcing some really awkward shit with The Situation. This season is going to be the best one yet!!!
kenzo

Postby the eye in the sky » Jan 8th, 2011 @ 11:19pm

I feel like this season is going to be characterized as the fist fight season. Also has anyone else noticed the change in Vinny. At first he just kind of sat back and messed with everyone, which is what I would do in this situation, but now he is fully participating in the madness :?:
Which is the best band name? converse about the universe, laws of motion, fingers as toes or actual size
the eye in the sky

Postby kenzo » Jan 8th, 2011 @ 11:26pm

the eye in the sky wrote:Also has anyone else noticed the change in Vinny. At first he just kind of sat back and messed with everyone, which is what I would do in this situation, but now he is fully participating in the madness :?:
Yeah, Vinny is a very normal guy who was visibly awkward and didn't really want to participate in a lot of the bullshit in the first season. You're right, that's what I would have done. Then the show blew up and he realized "holy shit, I can get rich on this stuff" and decided to let loose. Which is also what I would have done. Despite going nuts though and having some questionable sexual encounters (Angelina? Snooki???) he's still a pretty nice guy though in season 2. I like how he handled the Snooki thing in the first episode of season 3 though.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2011 @ 2:27am

I can't wait until at least half the season airs so I can start watching this.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics