Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 9th, 2010 @ 11:38pm

Man, this season started out slow and boring (Ronnie & Sammy suck) but man, it's really hit its stride. Everyone is simultaneously fighting and DTS. It's amazing!!!
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Raine » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 6:47am

LiQuid wrote:I'm not pro-violence, I'm pro-gender equality. What do you think would have happened if that was a dude running his mouth to a drunk guy? Exactly the same thing, punch, arrest, etc... I guess there would have been less crying. :lol:


I don't give a fuck about Jersey Shore or Snookie or whatever, but I've been advocating this position for a long time. People cut chicks too much slack. I never thought it was fair that I'm an allowable target for an asswhooping just because I'm a bigger male. I might be a six foot tall fat guy but I can't throw a punch for shit and wouldn't have a clue what to do in a fight. Meanwhile some chick that's been fighting her whole life gets a get out of jail free card because she has a vag.

I should start a national Punch a Bitch in the Face Day.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 8:00am

Raine wrote:I should start a national Punch a Bitch in the Face Day.

I cannot get behind this, because I would rather smush a 'bitch' than punch her. Why you so angry???
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Raine » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 9:30am

kenzo wrote:
Raine wrote:I should start a national Punch a Bitch in the Face Day.

I cannot get behind this, because I would rather smush a 'bitch' than punch her. Why you so angry???


Why choose? Donkey punch!







I had to consult urban dictionary for "smush", btw. Stupid Jersey show.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 9:49am

Raine wrote:
kenzo wrote:
Raine wrote:I should start a national Punch a Bitch in the Face Day.

I cannot get behind this, because I would rather smush a 'bitch' than punch her. Why you so angry???


Why choose? Donkey punch!

Because I've seen this film, and have now been educated that donkey punches are not sexy, let alone worth the hassle. (I feel the mentioning of this film belongs in the 'worst film ever' thread, but whatever.)
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby IRL_Troll » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 10:00am

Until MTV stops being the cancer that's killing television, I'll have to pass on watching this
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 1:57pm

I fee like if I ever sat down and watched this show, I'll contract herpes.

The sad thing is that the kids on that show don't realize (or don't care) that they're being exploited.

And to make matters worse, they're making a Asian version, specifically Korean-American, based in LA!!! :cry:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby lemon-fresh » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 2:24pm

jinpei05 wrote:I fee like if I ever sat down and watched this show, I'll contract herpes.

The sad thing is that the kids on that show don't realize (or don't care) that they're being exploited.

And to make matters worse, they're making a Asian version, specifically Korean-American, based in LA!!! :cry:


I am quite certain they do realize this and are doing their best to exploit it to benefit themselves... You should probably just watch the show (those guidos are smarter than you think). ;)
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby LiQuid » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 2:57pm

jinpei05 wrote:The sad thing is that the kids on that show don't realize (or don't care) that they're being exploited.

That's the thing though. They really aren't. We like to laugh at these people because we consider ourselves better than them. That's the draw of the show. But aside from the fact that they're mostly obnoxious, these people do have a lot of qualities that I really admire. I personally couldn't ever commit to GTL (gym/tanning/laundry, for non-show watchers) for the sole purposes of increasing my chances of getting laid. Also the program goes out of its way to show the sense of family these people have. Go back and watch any season of The Real World and I doubt you'll see any of the roommates get together to sit and eat a proper Sunday dinner together. It's funny to laugh at the stereotypes, the fist bumping, and all the positively retarded shit that comes out of Snooki's mouth, but it's not like MTV is going out of its way to make them look bad.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 3:00pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Until MTV stops being the cancer that's killing television, I'll have to pass on watching this
First of all, as opposed to asinine shit like "16 and Pregnant" that glorifies absolutely horrendous stuff, this is a show for adults, about adults, pushed into the late night time-slots. It's much more real and is a little more relatable than most of what MTV generates. Don't be so snooty about your TV, just have fun and laugh at these overly-tanned idiots trying to get laid at clubs every night.

jinpei05 wrote:The sad thing is that the kids on that show don't realize (or don't care) that they're being exploited.
Exploited? Maybe after only season one you could argue that. But they're now each making millions of dollars a year just from their deals with MTV, never mind all the fees they get paid by clubs to do promotions. I'd LOVE to get exploited like that. :lol:

jinpei05 wrote:And to make matters worse, they're making a Asian version, specifically Korean-American, based in LA!!! :cry:
HAH! I would love to see that, but we probably won't. They filmed a "pilot" in order to try and sell the pitch to a network. Which is to say, they took eight or so random Asian peeps, took 'em to a club, and paid for their alcohol. This'll never see the light of day.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 3:07pm

I don't watch this show but it has some awesome gifs
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 10th, 2010 @ 3:19pm

eX, you would love this show. Give it a try. Season 1 is only nine episodes long.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 1:46pm

Welp, it's been revealed that all this bullshit is staged and scripted. Enjoy your "reality" show, everyone.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-09-10-the-jersey-shore-is-staged-snooki-doesnt-even-poof-her-own-poof

And kenzo, if your self-respect is worth millions of dollars, I really do hope you do get called to do a bullshit reality show that is the equivalent of society herpes.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 2:04pm

jinpei05 wrote:Welp, it's been revealed that all this bullshit is staged and scripted. Enjoy your "reality" show, everyone.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-09-10-the-jersey-shore-is-staged-snooki-doesnt-even-poof-her-own-poof
Dude. They're all millionares, and they're on a TV show that pulled in like, over six million viewers in the last episode. Of course there are people there to help on makeup and styling. I don't see how having stylists makes this scripted, especially since we know they're fake as shit and bask that fact (spray taning, anyone??). Also, why are you reading Perez Hilton???

jinpei05 wrote:And kenzo, if your self-respect is worth millions of dollars, I really do hope you do get called to do a bullshit reality show that is the equivalent of society herpes.

Are you fucking kidding me? Being poor and having 'dignity' is over rated. With millions of dollars, you can fucking BUY new dignity. If someone came to you and said "we'll pay you millions of dollars for you to quit you job, go hang out on a beach all summer, we'll give you spending money to get drunk and party every night, and we'll put it all on TV," you don't even pause to think about that. That's a Godfather-offer if I've ever heard of one.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 2:15pm

Did you read the story? It's not just about having on-hand stylists. The whole premise of this "reality" show is that these people supposedly sport this look and say these clever things all by themselves. Neither is the case. It's all scripted and planned, everything from the conflicts and fights to their wardrobe and dialogue. This show is no more real than "The Real World" or "The Bachelor." That is my objection.

As for your second claim, you left out the part where people all think you're a jackass douchebag and waste of space. If all that money truly helps you sleep at night, you're welcome to it. And if all you want out of life is to be rich, get drunk every night, and be a blip on the cultural radar for 15 seconds, be my guest.

EDIT: The Perez Hilton link was the first one that came up when I Googled "jersey shore scripted."
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby IRL_Troll » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 2:21pm

kenzo wrote:
IRL_Troll wrote:Until MTV stops being the cancer that's killing television, I'll have to pass on watching this
First of all, as opposed to asinine shit like "16 and Pregnant" that glorifies absolutely horrendous stuff, this is a show for adults, about adults, pushed into the late night time-slots. It's much more real and is a little more relatable than most of what MTV generates. Don't be so snooty about your TV, just have fun and laugh at these overly-tanned idiots trying to get laid at clubs every night..


Nope. I refuse to encourage what they and MTV doing, and with it being reality TV I can't watch it on that virtue alone. Reality TV is the cancer that is rapidly killing television.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 2:24pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Nope. I refuse to encourage what they and MTV doing, and with it being reality TV I can't watch it on that virtue alone. Reality TV is the cancer that is rapidly killing television.


Agreed. Quality scripted television is slowly becoming an endangered species.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 2:36pm

The amount of smug in here is getting suffocating. :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 5:03pm

kenzo wrote:Also, why are you reading Perez Hilton???


jinpei, you've crossed a line. Making me click on a Perez Hilton link, that shits in my history now.

Did you really think, even for a second, of all the reality shows that are scripted, that this one wouldn't be? I mean, you mentioned a few that are. If you look at the quality of the show, you honestly are surprised that some of Jersey Shore is fake? It's on MTV, that should have been proof enough that it was scripted.

I don't think people don't know it is fake. In fact, I think it's part of the draw. From fake people with fake tans to a fake show with fake drama, people eat that shit up.
BEARinaMANSUIT
User avatar
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mar 14th, 2010 @ 12:06am
Location: Lakeside, California

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 11th, 2010 @ 5:20pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I don't think people don't know it is fake. In fact, I think it's part of the draw. From fake people with fake tans to a fake show with fake drama, people eat that shit up.
This. And really, I wouldn't say it's all fake. Ronnie is definitely on roids, and he definitely went to jail for assaulting a random guy on the street in season 1.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 10:01am

I wash my hands of this thread. I should have never posted here. Now I'll never get the internet herpes out of my laptop.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 1:28pm

jinpei05 wrote:I wash my hands of this thread. I should have never posted here. Now I'll never get the internet herpes out of my laptop.
I wish I could bottle your smug.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Konanda » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 2:27pm

I don't have cable so I miss out on trashy American television.

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:And kenzo, if your self-respect is worth millions of dollars, I really do hope you do get called to do a bullshit reality show that is the equivalent of society herpes.

Are you fucking kidding me? Being poor and having 'dignity' is over rated. With millions of dollars, you can fucking BUY new dignity. If someone came to you and said "we'll pay you millions of dollars for you to quit you job, go hang out on a beach all summer, we'll give you spending money to get drunk and party every night, and we'll put it all on TV," you don't even pause to think about that. That's a Godfather-offer if I've ever heard of one.


I wouldn't want that. Showing me getting drunk and partying every night on television is not beneficial to society in my opinion. I don't want to be known for being some fake wannabe were the things that most people are going to remember in an already negative light are not my own actions. Fuck that!
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 2:36pm

Konanda wrote:I wouldn't want that. Showing me getting drunk and partying every night on television is not beneficial to society in my opinion. I don't want to be known for being some fake wannabe were the things that most people are going to remember in an already negative light are not my own actions. Fuck that!

But hold up. Everything else you do with your life is beneficial to society?

I seriously can't believe how high and mighty everyone here is. With millions of dollars, you can move to where nobody knows who you are and live like a king. And you wouldn't get drunk on camera to do it? I'm kinda speechless right now.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Konanda » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 3:37pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:I wouldn't want that. Showing me getting drunk and partying every night on television is not beneficial to society in my opinion. I don't want to be known for being some fake wannabe were the things that most people are going to remember in an already negative light are not my own actions. Fuck that!

But hold up. Everything else you do with your life is beneficial to society?

I seriously can't believe how high and mighty everyone here is. With millions of dollars, you can move to where nobody knows who you are and live like a king. And you wouldn't get drunk on camera to do it? I'm kinda speechless right now.


Your right the fun times I have with my friends or family were I did stupid shit that either didn't positively contribute to society or was a hinderance to it happen quite a bit. The point is that shit is just known amongst my group of friends or family. Also all of that was of my own choice when someone wants me to do something like that for them so they can make money of it and tell me I have to do some certain thing because that's what will get ratings I'll tell them to go fuck themselves. I stay true to myself and do what I think is right and what I want to do within my means. I'm able to sway somewhat but for something like that absolutely fucking not. If I'm offering something to the greater amount of society I want it to be something more beneficial like some new technology or innovation on a previous one something creative like that or something more to the arts most likely being in literature or music since those are my primary interests in the arts.

But getting paid to be drunk on camera something about that bothers me. I'm just different dude.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 3:47pm

Everyone who says they wouldn't do twelve episodes of the Jersey Shore for say, five million dollars, is a fucking liar. You guys are way more fake than anyone on this show. Fuck you guys and your hypocritical bullshit!
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Lombaszko » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 4:31pm

On man, Vinny's creepy Uncle comes to visit next week. Should be great. I thought it was funny last episode that Sam gets mad at J-Wow and Snookie because they wrote the note telling her how much of a scumbag Ron was then she goes RIGHT back to him. What an idiot. So entertaining!
Lombaszko
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 3:53am
Location: Boston

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 6:58pm

Lombaszko wrote:I thought it was funny last episode that Sam gets mad at J-Wow and Snookie because they wrote the note telling her how much of a scumbag Ron was then she goes RIGHT back to him. What an idiot. So entertaining!
They should have titled that episode "when keeping it real goes wrong." :lol: :lol: :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby Konanda » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 7:24pm

kenzo wrote:Everyone who says they wouldn't do twelve episodes of the Jersey Shore for say, five million dollars, is a fucking liar. You guys are way more fake than anyone on this show. Fuck you guys and your hypocritical bullshit!


Fuck you kenzo! I have different priorities than you do get it through your head man.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2010 @ 8:48pm

Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:Everyone who says they wouldn't do twelve episodes of the Jersey Shore for say, five million dollars, is a fucking liar. You guys are way more fake than anyone on this show. Fuck you guys and your hypocritical bullshit!
Fuck you kenzo! I have different priorities than you do get it through your head man.
So, you're going to school right now to not make money then?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron