Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby kenzo » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 10:44am

Fess up! Even the Sports Guy is madly in love. After MTV copped out, you totally went online to see Snooki get decked by a drunk guy in a sleezy bar.
kenzo

Re: I know you watch "Jersey Shore"

Postby GiantAsianMan » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 11:26am

I caught about 5 seconds of this show while flipping channels one day, that's it. And to be honest, I'm not even entirely certain it was Jersey Shore that I saw. But in those 5 seconds, my face started to melt like the end of Raiders, so I just figured it was.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 4:06pm

Show is fucking amazing. Funniest show on TV by a mile. In one of the first episodes when one of the skanks was complaining about having to work in a T-shirt shop she's all like "This is below me, I'm a bartender, I do important things, and stuff...." I had to pause it I was laughing so hard.

Oh, and this:

How stupid of MTV to pull it from the episode after they already showed it in the preview...
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 4:29pm

Holy shit!!! I've seen her get clocked like, a dozen times, but never in slow motion like that. I feel bad now for laughing at her expense: that's one nasty beating she took. How did she not have a broken jaw???
kenzo

Postby indieinsd » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 5:29pm

Heard a lot of people talking about it, but I dont really want to help contribute to any more idiots become famous. We all already have enough! Sure it's nice to make fun of idiots by watching them be giant dbags but at what cost to humanity? What cost?
indieinsd

Postby LiQuid » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 8:06pm

kenzo wrote:Holy shit!!! I've seen her get clocked like, a dozen times, but never in slow motion like that.

Ok! This Kenzo guy is alright!

I feel bad now for laughing at her expense: that's one nasty beating she took. How did she not have a broken jaw???

FOR FUCK'S SAKE MAN, WOULD YOU JUST FUCKING DIE!?

She deserved every ounce of that pounding. If I could, I would lay it on her twice more. What a dumb, loudmouthed cunthair. I decree you need to stop watching Jersey Shore. It's too good for you... Or more appropriately, you're not good enough for it.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 9:30pm

I've seen a bunch of it but I don't think I've seen a complete episode. I usually caught 15 minutes here or there but if you add it all up it'd probably equal the whole season.

Oh and I got snooki's back. From what I understand that dude was taking their drinks. What an asshole.

Also, Snooki Street Fighter
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dccsFXH6WHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dccsFXH6WHc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by darfox8 on Jan 9th, 2010 @ 11:58am, edited 1 time in total.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Jan 8th, 2010 @ 11:33pm

LiQuid wrote:FOR FUCK'S SAKE MAN, WOULD YOU JUST FUCKING DIE!?

She deserved every ounce of that pounding. If I could, I would lay it on her twice more. What a dumb, loudmouthed cunthair. I decree you need to stop watching Jersey Shore. It's too good for you... Or more appropriately, you're not good enough for it.

kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2010 @ 7:16am

darfox8 wrote:Oh and I got snooki's back. From what I understand that dude was taking their drinks. What an asshole

Ok. You guys have to know me just a little bit by now. According to LiQuid!'s law, stealing an alcoholic beverage from someone is a crime punishable by no less than death, therefore, making that man an absolute worthless waste of skin. That said, Snookie's method of dealing with his douchebaggery was totally asking for a pop in the jaw. I don't have a direct transcript since it's been weeks since I watched the episode, but I'm sure she spewed a line of profanity and guidospeak long enough to make me want to punch my TV, and her by proxy.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 9th, 2010 @ 11:05am

LiQuid wrote:Ok. You guys have to know me just a little bit by now. According to LiQuid!'s law, stealing an alcoholic beverage from someone is a crime punishable by no less than death, therefore, making that man an absolute worthless waste of skin. That said, Snookie's method of dealing with his douchebaggery was totally asking for a pop in the jaw. I don't have a direct transcript since it's been weeks since I watched the episode, but I'm sure she spewed a line of profanity and guidospeak long enough to make me want to punch my TV, and her by proxy.

So, douchebag steals Snooki's drink, an offense so grave that it's punishable by death. Snooki gets rightfully pissed and goes off on this guy for being a total douche and gets punched for it. I fail to see what she did wrong in this scenario, according to you. Are you upset that she merely cursed him out? Did you want her to kill him instead? LiQuid, I get that it's your shtick that you make no sense but... YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2010 @ 11:16am

Yes, she should have killed him instead... Getting all bitchy and fingersnappy and oh-no-you-di'inty is a one way ticket to Knockedthefuckoutville.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 9th, 2010 @ 3:37pm

I just want to point out that LiQuid promotes violence against defenseless women.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 10th, 2010 @ 4:39am

I'm not pro-violence, I'm pro-gender equality. What do you think would have happened if that was a dude running his mouth to a drunk guy? Exactly the same thing, punch, arrest, etc... I guess there would have been less crying. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 10th, 2010 @ 11:44am

LiQuid wrote:I'm not pro-violence, I'm pro-gender equality. What do you think would have happened if that was a dude running his mouth to a drunk guy? Exactly the same thing, punch, arrest, etc... I guess there would have been less crying. :lol:

Gender equality? If Snooki were a guy, there wouldn't have been a bunch of uproar over violence against females, there would have been an uproar of violence against midgets. Bottomline: you're talking about all things being fair, and it's NEVER fair when a gigantic muscle-bound guido steals drinks and throws sucker punches against people a quarter his size.
kenzo

Postby Jaconius » Jan 10th, 2010 @ 12:43pm

These people don't actually exist. Move on with your lives.
Jaconius

Postby kenzo » Jan 15th, 2010 @ 2:57am

Jaconius wrote:These people don't actually exist. Move on with your lives.

As a retort and an explanation for why this show stirs such passion among us:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 15th, 2010 @ 8:50am

kenzo wrote:
Jaconius wrote:These people don't actually exist. Move on with your lives.

As a retort and an explanation for why this show stirs such passion among us:

Ahahaha, that's so rad!
LiQuid

Postby lemon-fresh » Jan 15th, 2010 @ 7:58pm

It's almost like none of you have watched "MTV's The Real World" before, nothing aside from the punch really surprised me in this show. The Nerd's first discovery of reality TV in it's purist form.
lemon-fresh

Postby LiQuid » Jan 16th, 2010 @ 4:30am

lemon-fresh wrote:It's almost like none of you have watched "MTV's The Real World" before, nothing aside from the punch really surprised me in this show. The Nerd's first discovery of reality TV in it's purist form.

Jesus Fuck man. Open your eyes. These people are ORANGE! Also they are RETARDED! RETARDED ORANGE PEOPLE ARE WHAT NEW JERSEY IS ALL ABOUT!!!!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 16th, 2010 @ 12:19pm

lemon-fresh wrote:It's almost like none of you have watched "MTV's The Real World" before, nothing aside from the punch really surprised me in this show. The Nerd's first discovery of reality TV in it's purist form.

That's what I thought too when I first saw it. "Oh, so it's a racist Real World (only Italians allowed). But it's so much deeper than that. I mean, find me a Real World with a character half as entertaining as Snooki and I'll acquiesce.
kenzo

Postby indieinsd » Jan 16th, 2010 @ 7:40pm

Wow that link was great Kenzo.

I guess this show could be alright as a guilty pleasure. I guess my main problem is 'people' who have tons of guilty pleasures, there not GPs anymore, you just have shitty taste.
indieinsd

Postby LiQuid » Jan 17th, 2010 @ 4:56am

There's nothing guilty about Jersey Shore. It's the best show on television. What's wrong with you?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 21st, 2010 @ 3:25am

LiQuid wrote:There's nothing guilty about Jersey Shore. It's the best show on television. What's wrong with you?

He can't appreciate the Jersey Shore? That's quite a situation. ;)

Tomorrow night... series finale... I can't wait... My only regret is that MTV didn't realize this show would be such a hit, otherwise they would have made it twice as long and things would be twice as awesome.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 21st, 2010 @ 7:26am

Finally catching up with this show. On episode 5, and just had to pause it after this quote, from Snooki, on boiling live lobsters:

Like, it's alive when you kill it, that's disgusting!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
LiQuid

Postby lemon-fresh » Jan 21st, 2010 @ 8:51am

kenzo wrote:

That's what I thought too when I first saw it. "Oh, so it's a racist Real World (only Italians allowed). But it's so much deeper than that. I mean, find me a Real World with a character half as entertaining as Snooki and I'll acquiesce.

Seems like you haven't watched much real world lately or maybe I've just been forced(women) to watch a lot of reality TV over time.
lemon-fresh

Postby kenzo » Jan 21st, 2010 @ 3:46pm

lemon-fresh wrote:Seems like you haven't watched much real world lately or maybe I've just been forced(women) to watch a lot of reality TV over time.

I've seen a fair amount of Real World lately because of a new roommate obsessed with it. The Real World is lame and formulaic these days: get the craziest, hottest people on; at least one of them black (who will inevitably get ostracized and kicked off). But nobody on those shows holds a candle to the insanity that is Snooki, or even shit like The Situation throwing 'grenades' at Paully D.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 28th, 2010 @ 4:49pm

Best Snookie quote ever: From e08:
Snookie wrote:I told him to put me down, cause I'm not trashy... Unless I drink too much.

I swear this show has got to be fucking scripted. It's too perfect.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 28th, 2010 @ 5:18pm

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Snookie!

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 28th, 2010 @ 11:33pm

Snooki is ridiculous. Remember when she was like "Greg (or whoever) is like, the perfect guy. I always say never fall in love on the Jersey Shore, but I wouldn't mind breaking that rule for him. I'm saving myself for him!" And then the next episode, she confesses that she doesn't remember his face.

And don't get me started on the finale when she was all over The Situation. I was flipping out half covering my eyes but peeking through them, while screaming at the TV, "WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!? EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" So awesome.
kenzo

Postby Horrorshow » Jan 29th, 2010 @ 8:29am

Seeing how the nation and this forum has people viewing the Jersey Shore I will watch after I see all of episodes to the new version of BSG.

How stupid of MTV to pull it from the episode after they already showed it in the preview...[/quote]

Even in slow motion the punch was fast. It is also evident it was not scripted. MTV should not have pulled the scene because it actually happened.

kenzo wrote:Holy shit!!! I've seen her get clocked like, a dozen times, but never in slow motion like that. I feel bad now for laughing at her expense: that's one nasty beating she took. How did she not have a broken jaw???

I know a tiny amount of information about this show or these "people". After seeing the gif post by liQuid I asked the same to someone who watches and looks up info about everything to do with "Jersey Shore". She told me Snooki's jaw was not broken.

I do know it is possible for someone to throw a fast punch that stuns and not shatter someones face. Also, the person I spoke with told me that Snooki, I believe she said to me, is 5 feet tall if that. Let us be honest here It would not take much force to knock her back.

LiQuid wrote: She deserved every ounce of that pounding. If I could, I would lay it on her twice more.

kenzo wrote: So, douchebag steals Snooki's drink, an offense so grave that it's punishable by death. Snooki gets rightfully pissed and goes off on this guy for being a total douche and gets punched for it. I fail to see what she did wrong in this scenario, according to you. Are you upset that she merely cursed him out? Did you want her to kill him instead? LiQuid, I get that it's your shtick that you make no sense but... YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

From the conversation I had with the person I know Snooki seems to be a horrible narcissist. However, anyone who steals from anyone not to survive but, get ahead is horrible as well. For Snooki to not resort to slapping or any form of violence and just call the guy on it was the right thing to do. If she was not knocked out she should have reported the guy to a bartender or whoever worked at the club.

Anyone see the film "...And Justice for All"?

Spoiler: show
In the movie a prostitute/call girl was viciously beaten and raped by a judge. She reports him to the police. Because of what she did for work she encounters little to no sympathy from people other than the judge's defense attorney played by Al Pacino.

It was wrong what happened to the fictional character and it is wrong what happened to Snooki. I do consider Snooki as a human being. Granted only under the broadest of definitions and only on periphery of that definition. The guy was a thief, (I use the following word sparingly unlike my sister who is less hesitant and has no problem using the c word when she sees it is appropriate) a pussy, and like most thieving pussies not even that tough. (He could not break a 5 foot woman's jaw. He is probably getting razzed by his fellow scum bag boys.)

I will include parts "...And Justice for All"'s opening argument into closing argument.

Partial Spoiler:

Spoiler: show
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury the guy deserves not only to be kicked out of the club but,

- should go to right to fucking jail! That man is guilty!
"I am what I am. That is all that I am. But I am not your sailor man."
Post-Modern tale of Popeye dieing in a storm while on his trawler.
Horrorshow

Next
Forum Statistics