Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: DEXTER

Postby MrDrifter » Nov 29th, 2011 @ 4:50pm

It's going to end with something to do with aliens... called it here.
Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby LiQuid » Nov 29th, 2011 @ 5:18pm

MrDrifter wrote:It's going to end with something to do with aliens... called it here.

This is actually not too far fetched a theory by this point.
LiQuid

Postby MrDrifter » Dec 11th, 2011 @ 11:17pm

Are we going to discus what just happened tonight?

Or is this better left simply unmentioned... :shock:
Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby LiQuid » Dec 11th, 2011 @ 11:42pm

I'll watch it tomorrow. Was this the finale already? (I say that like I don't desperately want it to be over)
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 4:57pm

Holy fuck, this show! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LiQuid

Postby MrDrifter » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 6:24pm

lol the painting killed me! few swipes here and there and BOOM done...

I'm curious where the hell the writers frame of mind is going with the whole
Spoiler: show
Deb in love with Dex thing... Did this happen later on in the books or something? Cause it's right out of fucking right field...

I'm predicting an intervention from Nerdy-dude (Brian Jr/possible 3rd brother) for the save and the reveal at the end after Tom Hanks Jr. Kills the sitter....

With that being said... I REALLY dont want the sitter to be killed... She was nice eye candy... :(

Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 8:11pm

When did Dexter become stupid?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 8:13pm

Season 3, but it's getting better!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 9:01pm

No I mean the character not the show.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 12th, 2011 @ 10:15pm

Oh, that was pretty much mostly this season. He has killed like a half dozen people this season and almost none of them were in prepared kill rooms! He just doesn't even give a fuck anymore! He will just choke you out or fucking stab your mouth all willy nilly and the show doesn't even bother trying to explain the repercussions!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 12:48am

Most predictable ending of all time?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lopsidedown » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 12:53am

Only THIS season could make me not give a shit about that reveal.
Lopsidedown

Postby totoro » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 5:54am

Mr_eX wrote:Most predictable ending of all time?

Well, that happens in the books a great deal sooner (I think by the end of the first or second book, IIRC). There were a couple of times before where I thought that Dexter was just going to tell her in previous seasons, but now...

The whole thing felt anticlimactic. I'll watch the last two seasons, but at this point it's only because I feel like I've watched the first six and I may as well. Two lackluster seasons in a row -- even though this one might be better than last season, neither of them are anywhere near as good as any of the first four.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 9:26am

I really liked the end of this season, both the last minute of the show, and the freezer reveal. Thinking back, last season got a bad rap as it was going on, but I liked it. Same with this season. Is it as good as the first few, and especially season 4? No, but it's still pretty good. I'm ready for it to wrap up, though.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby totoro » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 1:08pm

Master Higgins wrote:Image

I really liked the end of this season, both the last minute of the show, and the freezer reveal. Thinking back, last season got a bad rap as it was going on, but I liked it. Same with this season. Is it as good as the first few, and especially season 4? No, but it's still pretty good. I'm ready for it to wrap up, though.

Season 4 may have been my favorite season of any show I've ever seen so to follow that up with last season and this one feels like a bit of a letdown. I'm not hating on the show, but I do feel like it need another season like season 4 and less like seasons 5 or 6. I never really felt that Travis would be able to kill Dexter, whereas Arthur Mitchell had been doing it for decades and you knew he had the ability to do so. John Lithgow can be a physically imposing man, even for someone as solid as Michael C. Hall. Colin Hanks doesn't scare me in the slightest even if his character was batshit.

If they had done something more with the Tooth Fairy killer that they introduced and killed off in one episode early this season and then condensed the Gellar/Marshall stuff a little bit I feel like it could have been better. Travis just felt watered down to me after the Gellar reveal and I don't know if it was just "Oh, he really is a crazy bastard" or if Colin Hanks actually played the part differently down the stretch.
totoro

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 3:23pm

Yeah, you can't top season 4. It was super personal. Everything else has just been a random nutbag of the season, but I think this will change next season with the end reveal.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 4:15pm

Literally the only good things about season 4 were Rita dying and Lithgow's ass. You people all have fucking mental deficiency.

In summary:

LiQuid

Postby totoro » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 5:01pm

totoro

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 5:04pm

LiQuid wrote:Literally the only good things about season 4 were Rita dying and Lithgow's ass. You people all have fucking mental deficiency.

What the shit? Are you just trolling, or are you serious? Cause omg Season 4 was by far and away the best season. There's not even an argument to be had here. John Lithgow's the craziest motherfucker in the world.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 5:33pm

Master Higgins wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Literally the only good things about season 4 were Rita dying and Lithgow's ass. You people all have fucking mental deficiency.

What the shit? Are you just trolling, or are you serious? Cause omg Season 4 was by far and away the best season. There's not even an argument to be had here. John Lithgow's the craziest motherfucker in the world.

No I'm not trolling. The writing in the first 2 seasons was amazing. Since then the show has been garbage. All the Dexter as a family man garbage has been the worst shit ever.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 9:13pm

Finale was FUCKING NONSENSE. Why the fuck would Dexter do his murder where his sister told him to be? Why would he finally do a OG style murder (as opposed to just killing everyone indiscriminately all fucking season) with Seran wrap and blood slides the day after him and his boat washed up on shore like nobody would question him going out on another boating trip to dispose of Glad bags.

Higgins your devotion to this shit is way more pathetic to your devotion to Lost cause at least Lost was pretending like they were building up to something big. This show just pulls the same old, deus ex machina bullshit season after season and doesn't even give a fuck what logic has to say about it.

And yes I'm going to fucking watch next season. Fuck you, Showtime. Bring back Brotherhood.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 11:18pm

LiQuid wrote:Finale was FUCKING NONSENSE. Why the fuck would Dexter do his murder where his sister told him to be? Why would he finally do a OG style murder (as opposed to just killing everyone indiscriminately all fucking season) with Seran wrap and blood slides the day after him and his boat washed up on shore like nobody would question him going out on another boating trip to dispose of Glad bags.

Higgins your devotion to this shit is way more pathetic to your devotion to Lost cause at least Lost was pretending like they were building up to something big. This show just pulls the same old, deus ex machina bullshit season after season and doesn't even give a fuck what logic has to say about it.

And yes I'm going to fucking watch next season. Fuck you, Showtime. Bring back Brotherhood.
I can't believe you're watching this shit and not Boardwalk Empire.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 11:38pm

LiQuid wrote:Finale was FUCKING NONSENSE. Why the fuck would Dexter do his murder where his sister told him to be? Why would he finally do a OG style murder (as opposed to just killing everyone indiscriminately all fucking season) with Seran wrap and blood slides the day after him and his boat washed up on shore like nobody would question him going out on another boating trip to dispose of Glad bags.

Dexter killed a guy in front of 20 witnesses like it wasn't even a thing early in the episode and then had him go where his sister knew he'd be and kill a dude. I honestly don't get what the writers were thinking.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 11:39pm

Also when Dexter was at it's best it wasn't even half as good as Breaking Bad.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 11:51pm

Mr_eX wrote:Dexter killed a guy in front of 20 witnesses like it wasn't even a thing early in the episode and then had him go where his sister knew he'd be and kill a dude. I honestly don't get what the writers were thinking.

To be fair, 1) they were wetbacks, and 2) it was self defense. Still fucking retarded though.
Mr_eX wrote:Also when Dexter was at it's best it wasn't even half as good as Breaking Bad.

Also this.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 11:54pm

You know, how come nobody is even mentioning the angle where DEB IS IN LOVE WITH HER (admittedly adopted) BROTHER!? What in the fuck is wrong with the writers of this show that they think this is compelling drama? God this show reeks like boiled shit.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 20th, 2011 @ 12:23am

I'm no writer but I'm 99% sure I could do a better job with Dexter than the current writers. It's starting to enter Heroes territory.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby MrDrifter » Dec 20th, 2011 @ 2:58pm

... and yet we watch season after season :)

I'm reminded of community...

“shut up, Leonard! i found your youtube page! what’s the point in reviewing frozen pizza?”

“you’re talking about it”
Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby LiQuid » Dec 20th, 2011 @ 3:08pm

Hey, I'm on record as a person that loves absolute trash. Higgins is either a good liar or legitimately likes this junk. What's the rest of you buffoons' excuse?

Also, I'm 99.9% sure that whoever wrote that bit for Leonard is a fan of (or at least aware of) Freezer Burns.

http://www.freezerburns.com/wordpress/

I watched every episode of that up to #200-something. He started branching out into other types of video segments and it eventually overwhelmed me, but I fucking love Greg and reviews of shitty, frozen food.
LiQuid

Postby hadododo » Jan 4th, 2012 @ 8:18pm

The best part is when dexter sees a guy wearing a hazmat suit and says 'meh' and proceeds to go in the same area the guy was in and kill him
hadododo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics