Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Which pet do you prefer?

Cats
36%
Dogs
47%
Birds
2%
Fish
2%
Rodents
No votes
Things with scales
2%
People (you're a freak)
6%
Other
3%
None
3%

Total votes : 64

Re: Cats or Dogs or ???

Postby IRL_Troll » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 11:06am

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Did you know that after you die your cat will only wait 2 hours before it starts to eat you but a dog will wait 2 weeks?

Did you know that if you stand alone, in front of your bathroom mirror with the door closed, the lights off, and you spin around three times saying 'bloody mary' on reach revolution that a monster appears in the mirror and gives you an ice cream cone???

That's bullshit. It gives you ice cream in a cup
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 11:06am

How can you say that given that dogs would eat you at all, freshness notwithstanding.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 11:14am

LiQuid wrote:How can you say that given that dogs would eat you at all, freshness notwithstanding.

They wait until they're starving to death and have no other choice. People have been known to do the same thing.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby RedPanda77 » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 12:17pm

Mr_eX wrote:
LiQuid wrote:How can you say that given that dogs would eat you at all, freshness notwithstanding.

They wait until they're starving to death and have no other choice. People have been known to do the same thing.

I've never known anything but a dog to eat it's own shit or the shit of others.
PSN: redpanda77
Steam: redpanda77
XB1: redpanda77
RedPanda77

Postby dabeast0976 » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 12:36pm

RedPanda77 wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:

I've never known anything but a dog to eat it's own shit or the shit of others.

You've never had fish, huh?
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 12:45pm

Then you haven't known many dogs. My friend has a dog that eats cat shiet out of the litter box... I also knew another dog that would eat shit as it's being expelled from another dog's arse, the owners trained him out of that behavior pretty quick thank god.
lemon-fresh

Postby Creep » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 12:48pm

Can cats be trained to do anything? Just kidding. No really.

I see this thread turning into a "cats are better," "nu uh, dogs are better" kind of conversation. Can't we just agree that dogs are better and be done with it?
Creep

Postby dabeast0976 » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 1:23pm

lemon-fresh wrote:Then you haven't known many dogs. My friend has a dog that eats cat shiet out of the litter box... I also knew another dog that would eat shit as it's being expelled from another dog's arse, the owners trained him out of that behavior pretty quick thank god.

He said he's only known dogs to do it. I had a goldfish that ate it's own shit. In fact, it's pretty common with fish. I have proven him wrong.

But we can all agree it's disgusting.
dabeast0976

Postby dabeast0976 » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 1:25pm

Creep wrote:Can cats be trained to do anything? Just kidding. No really.

I see this thread turning into a "cats are better," "nu uh, dogs are better" kind of conversation. Can't we just agree that dogs are better and be done with it?

I had a Bulldog that was dumber than my old boss and i still liked him better than a cat. :lol:
dabeast0976

Postby kenzo » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 1:27pm

Mr_eX wrote:

My cats don't even eat the birds and mice they hunt, catch, and kill. They don't even eat the leftovers sitting on the dining room table and the kitchen counter, hours after dinner is over and nobody is guarding it. And yet you'd have me believe that they'd eat me only two hours after I've died when they wouldn't even be able to tell if I was sleeping or not. You'd have me believe that they'd eat me when there's still perfectly good cat food sitting in their food bowl. You're full of shit.
Creep wrote:Can cats be trained to do anything? Just kidding. No really.

I think cats are better pets for me. But I'm not so big of a pompous, self-involved asshole to believe that I know what's best for other people.
kenzo

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 2:04pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
lemon-fresh wrote:Then you haven't known many dogs. My friend has a dog that eats cat shiet out of the litter box... I also knew another dog that would eat shit as it's being expelled from another dog's arse, the owners trained him out of that behavior pretty quick thank god.

He said he's only known dogs to do it. I had a goldfish that ate it's own shit. In fact, it's pretty common with fish. I have proven him wrong.

But we can all agree it's disgusting.

yup, and sorry bout the misinterpretation.
lemon-fresh

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 2:05pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:

My cats don't even eat the birds and mice they hunt, catch, and kill. They don't even eat the leftovers sitting on the dining room table and the kitchen counter, hours after dinner is over and nobody is guarding it. And yet you'd have me believe that they'd eat me only two hours after I've died when they wouldn't even be able to tell if I was sleeping or not. You'd have me believe that they'd eat me when there's still perfectly good cat food sitting in their food bowl. You're full of shit.

Logic to the rescue!

ohhhh shiet 1000 posts
8-)
lemon-fresh

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 2:56pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:

If you don't want to believe me that your cats want nothing more than to devour your flesh, use google.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 3:27pm

I tried and couldn't find much, there was this article....
http://www.messybeast.com/cat-eat-man.htm

I could find absolutely nothing on google scholar... If you know of any published material on the subject feel free to share.
lemon-fresh

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 4:56pm

I read an article that said this years ago, can't find it now but heres something else.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20031218-1801-ca-hungrycats.html

Cats will try to eat you while you're alive.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 4:58pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 5:23pm

I'm a non-cat person by default: I have severe allergies to this day.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby deerpoob » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 7:53am

I've unfortunately only ever owned a hamster in my lifetime (oh and a beta fish named Kirby) but ya I've always wanted a dog, my dad grew up around cats (actually liquid ive seen fatter cats then fatsco there XD) a friend of a friend of mine has a pair of cats called bill and ben, their light tan colour, bill is chubby and probably about 25 pounds but ben tips the scales at nearly 40.

anyways im moving soon and were hoping to get a dog once we have more space, id love to have a bulldog myself but Im not certain.

realistically dogs and cats would both have to be very intelligent, they were predators in another life, thought I can't imagine cats hunted much more than mice, assuming of course they didnt just shrink or something XD
Currently Playing: Torchlight, Borderlands, Planescape:torment

Procrastinating: Dragon Age, Disgaea DS, SMT Devil Survivor, Assasins Creed 2

Wants to play: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Ico, Persona 4
deerpoob

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 7:58am

Mr_eX wrote:I read an article that said this years ago, can't find it now but heres something else.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20031218-1801-ca-hungrycats.html

Cats will try to eat you while you're alive.

You mean will eat you when you look like your dead and they haven't been fed in a week.... But I guess we're just pulling at strings (get it?) by this point. ;)
lemon-fresh

Postby IMLabman » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 8:48am

kenzo wrote:
IMLabman wrote:I like the idea of cats, but... I have found that they really stink the house up. Ugggggh I hate that cat smell!
Dogs have their own smell too. Really, it's just a matter of getting used to it. Every time I visit home I notice the scent of my cats, but half an hour later I can't notice it anymore.

Until I moved away from home, I always had cats. For every reason LiQuid mentioned, they're awesome. I always remember this quote from Meet the Parents, whenever I think about the biggest difference between cats and dogs. I like that my cats show me unwavering loyalty by not rolling over and obeying the command of anyone that gives them a pat on the head and a doggy biscuit. Having a cat is much more like having a companion, whereas having a dog is much more like having a helpless slave or a four year old. Dogs can be their own kind of fun, but I find having cats much more gratifying.

True...I guess it's just a matter of what you are used to.
IMLabman

Postby flufflogic » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 2:10pm

I watched a show on the BBC earlier this year about the social intelligence of dogs. Pretty damn amazing.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 2:20pm

IMLabman wrote:True...I guess it's just a matter of what you are used to.

Now if you want an animal that stinks, get some hamsters. They shit and piss where they sleep, so it's impossible to keep that crap clean and odor free. My brother had a couple of pygmy hamsters as a little kid for a couple of years and those things made his bedroom wreak. The smell didn't leave the room for years after he got rid of them.

I've had seven cats, a couple of hamsters, and an assortment of fish. The hamsters were lame, they just shit everywhere and drove my cats crazy (they wanted to eat those things so badly, and almost did a couple of times) and were mostly a source of annoyance and worry. And since they're stupid animals, they'll never show the faintest amount of recognition, affection, or even a lowered guard around you. Worthless creatures. The fish were at least cool to look at. My favorites were the Siamese fighting fish. So pretty.

I'd like to get cats eventually, but it would be irresponsible of me to get them now while my living situation is still relatively unstable and I'm unable to properly care for them.
kenzo

Postby flufflogic » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 4:36pm

I've had:

2 dogs
2 hamsters
8 mice
6 rats
2 gerbils
1 guinea pig
2 rabbits

On a scale of "never again", hamsters win. Rabbits and guinea pigs tie, the former for the fact they tried to eat my copy of Evil Dead and the latter because damn they're dull. The rats, TBH, I miss the most. Clever, social little things.
flufflogic

Postby IMLabman » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 10:02pm

kenzo wrote:
IMLabman wrote:True...I guess it's just a matter of what you are used to.

Now if you want an animal that stinks, get some hamsters. They shit and piss where they sleep, so it's impossible to keep that crap clean and odor free. My brother had a couple of pygmy hamsters as a little kid for a couple of years and those things made his bedroom wreak. The smell didn't leave the room for years after he got rid of them.

I've had seven cats, a couple of hamsters, and an assortment of fish. The hamsters were lame, they just shit everywhere and drove my cats crazy (they wanted to eat those things so badly, and almost did a couple of times) and were mostly a source of annoyance and worry. And since they're stupid animals, they'll never show the faintest amount of recognition, affection, or even a lowered guard around you. Worthless creatures. The fish were at least cool to look at. My favorites were the Siamese fighting fish. So pretty.

I'd like to get cats eventually, but it would be irresponsible of me to get them now while my living situation is still relatively unstable and I'm unable to properly care for them.

My sister and I got a hamster each for Christmas one year...they were both dead by New Years. Apparently we weren't that great at taking care of them! :lol:
IMLabman

Postby kenzo » Jun 12th, 2010 @ 3:56am

IMLabman wrote:My sister and I got a hamster each for Christmas one year...they were both dead by New Years. Apparently we weren't that great at taking care of them! :lol:

Normaly, I would call you a mruder and chastiz eyou for being a bad owner, but fukc hamsters. I'm pretty sure snails san lobsters make betetr pets. Because you can eat those if they piss you off too much.
kenzo

Postby cool_wizard » Jun 12th, 2010 @ 4:07am

kenzo wrote:Did you know that if you stand alone, in front of your bathroom mirror with the door closed, the lights off, and you spin around three times saying 'bloody mary' on reach revolution that a monster appears in the mirror and gives you an ice cream cone???

*giggles*

back to animals though. Rabbits are considered rodents right? I've been kind of keen on getting a rabbit and training it to use a litterbox so I can have it out in the open, but the reason why I don't want to get a pet though is that I'm away from the house a lot and I don't want to leave the animal by itself. :(
cool_wizard

Postby LiQuid » Jun 13th, 2010 @ 7:18am

Kenzo drunk posts are my new favorite thing of all time.

I remember back in the day I used to make really great drunk posts, but I'm such a drunk lately that I go from 0 to passed out so fast I can barely make it to a computer, much less attempt to express thoughts.
LiQuid

Postby Bobloblaw » Jun 14th, 2010 @ 12:40pm

kenzo wrote:Normaly, I would call you a mruder and chastiz eyou for being a bad owner, but fukc hamsters. I'm pretty sure snails san lobsters make betetr pets. Because you can eat those if they piss you off too much.

Not that I am campaigning for hamsters; but gerbils are 10x worse.
Bobloblaw

Postby Bobloblaw » Jun 14th, 2010 @ 12:46pm

jinpei05 wrote:I'm a non-cat person by default: I have severe allergies to this day.

Have you tried any of the allergy friendly breeds? My mom and brother is severely allergic to cats but seem to do okay with our cats (Devon Rex and Cornish Rex not the freaky hairless Sphinx).

I had dogs growing up. A couple of years ago my girlfriend (now wife) really wanted a dog. We lived in an apartment and it wouldn't have been a good environment for a dog. We ended up with a cat instead and a second cat a few years later because the first cat seemed "lonely" (according to wife).

There are pros and cons to each. The cats definitely play more favorites than my dogs ever did.
Bobloblaw

Postby LiQuid » Jun 17th, 2010 @ 6:39am

Ahahahaha!

LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics