It’s a very, very Hobbit kinda week on the Geekbox.

THIS WEEK’S SPONSORS
Tweaked Audio: Use the discount code “geekbox” to get free worldwide shipping and 33% off your purchase of some really awesome, durable, high-quality ear buds, so you can keep listening to our awesome podcasts!
Go Daddy: Hit the link or use the discount code “35off7″ to get 35% off any web domain or product order!

geekbox250_inline

Discuss this podcast on our forums!

The Geekbox — Episode 250 (2013-12-18)
Wherein we discuss Dungeons & Dragons, other nerdy tabletop games, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Shia LeBeouf’s psychotic break, the Sandman movie, YouTube’s insanity, the temperature of fire, the stupidest Ghosts ‘n Goblins fans ever, and terrible products. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, Justin Haywald, and Ryan Higgins, with special guest April Scott.
Direct DownloadiTunesStitcherRSS

1. BKO says:

Possibly the most Adam episode yet — by which I mean the worst episode I’ve heard. Such a shame that an obviously would-be great show is constantly ruined by his rambling schtick that goes nowhere. Though I do chuckle whenever he gets mad that someone else interrupts him. Irony at its finest.

2. Michael Weir says:

Hey Adam, does this train of thought have a caboose?

3. WangDangle says:

Ditch Fitch

4. Broken_Noah says:

Hey Ryan, nice Morgan Freeman impression. Cracked me up :)

5. Dane says:

You guys need to rein in Adam. Too often he is allowed to ramble about with his ignorant opinions and despite the amount of time he talks, he rarely makes a reasoned argument if any at all.

6. Thomas says:

And the 451oF is where paper spontaneously combusts.

7. Thomas says:

For god sake. 21 goddamn minutes of Adam stumbling over his words and monopolising the conversation with tiresome ruminations on how he hasn’t read the books or the other stories on which the hobbit is based but he feels the movie wasn’t true to the books and he thinks that’s bad but he recommends the movie.

8. Thomas says:

For gods sake could somebody give Adam a line of coke or something before the episode.

I swear to god his fucking slow drawling complaints about the Hobbit had me close to homicide waiting for him to make his goddamn point.

9. ragnar says:

I remember buying tabletop RPG-related paraphernalia (books, figurines, etc) in 1st & 2nd grade. I was too young to really understand how to play at the time…

you guys should do a D&D podcast. comedian brian posehn has a podcast where they just play D&D, but I feel like I’d rather hear a show of actual nerds playing (as opposed to comedians trying to be as goofy as possible the whole time)

10. Feanor says:

Nothing was added from The Silmarillion because thgey do not have the rights to it. Some things were added from the Appendices of the The Lord of the Rings, and other things were added that were just made up by the film’s writers.

11. Feanor says:

The third Hobbit movie doesn’t come out till December 2014.