Quick note: Sorry for the lack of a new Comic Conspiracy podcast this week, as our audio mixer conked out at the worst of times. We’ve got it all sorted out now with a shiny new mixer, though!

Also, my heart goes out to the friends and family of Giant Bomb co-founder Ryan Davis, who passed away last week at the age of 34. Regretfully, I’ve only ever exchanged brief hellos with him at various press events over the years, but the dude was beloved by a whole lot of people, and it stings to lose one of our own — especially at such a young age. Life’s short, people.

THIS WEEK’S SPONSORS
Audible: Head to our custom link to get a free 30-day trial of Audible, with a free audiobook download. It’s got over 100,000 books for you to choose from when you’d rather have someone read the words to you, instead of doing it yourself!
Go Daddy: Hit the link or use the discount code “geekbox” to get your own web domain, a free one-page website, and a photo album for just $2.95!
Tweaked Audio: Use the discount code “geekbox” to get free worldwide shipping and 33% off your purchase of some really awesome, durable, high-quality ear buds, so you can keep listening to our awesome podcasts!

geekbox227_inline

Discuss this podcast on our forums!

The Geekbox — Episode 227 (2013-07-10)
Wherein we discuss the casualness of Jeopardy!, the glory of Stephen Fry, The Lone Ranger, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the bad kind), Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the harsh realities of game development, Nintendo’s latest lunacy, and the best games of 2006. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, Justin Haywald, Ryan Higgins, and Olivia Jane.
Direct DownloadiTunesStitcherZune MarketplaceRSS

1. Antinonymous says:

Nice, thanks Ryan for proving how reviewers are in the pockets of game publishers and scared to speak their minds unless they lose access.

If Adam is too intellectual for you, you should go try out the non-stop mental farts on Comedy Button.

3. Nebz says:

Is this the Adam show?

I’ve exhausted every comedy button podcast and started listening to this 3 episodes back. It started with Adam declaring that he knows geography very well and then failing every question asked about state capitols.

The next episode didn’t have Adam and it was amazing. I really enjoyed the topics and discussions.

Now Adam came back and declares repeatedly “I know facts” but doesn’t seem to know anything other than he hates everything everyone else enjoys. Why does he hate everything? Because as he admits, he doesn’t understand it.

Is it always this bad? I’m not even looking forward to next weeks discussion about the Last of Us since it will just be Adam talking about places he’s gone or people he’s met and how he couldn’t get into The Last of Us.

4. Dane says:

I agree. Fitch needs to rein it in or go. I like his input, but not at the expense of everyone else’s.

5. WangDangle says:

“Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.Let me tell you something.Let me tell you something.Let me tell you something.”

My god. Time to Ditch Fitch.

6. Noah says:

Alright, Adam’s rambling is actually becoming a problem. I respect that he has a lot to say, but I feel like he’s crowding out everyone else, especially after the last podcast.