It’s another super-long episode, to help make up for that terrible E3 skip week! Also: I think we’re going to do a big spoiler chat for The Last of Us in next week’s episode. Make sure to hit our contact form, and tell us what you thought of the ending!

THIS WEEK’S SPONSORS
Go Daddy: Hit the link or use the discount code “geekbox” to get your own web domain, a free one-page website, a personalized email account, and a photo album for just $2.95!
Tweaked Audio: Use the discount code “geekbox” to get free worldwide shipping and 33% off your purchase of some really awesome, durable, high-quality ear buds, so you can keep listening to our awesome podcasts!

geekbox225_inline

Discuss this podcast on our forums!

The Geekbox — Episode 225 (2013-06-26)
Wherein we discuss TV show endings, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Indiana Jones’ worst moments, the most insane Goonies-related musings ever, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded, the Ouya, New Super Luigi U, and the best games of 2004. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Olivia Jane.
Direct DownloadiTunesStitcherZune MarketplaceRSS

1. Reason says:

If given the choice between eternal life in nirvana and giving resident Geekbox retard Adam Fitch painful, crippling AIDS, I’d pick the AIDS every single time.

2. Michael Weir says:

I agree with those against Fitch. He is irritating, whiny, abrasive, obnoxiously contrarian and the way he babbles, sputters. stutters and slurs his speech makes me want to punch babies in the face. Talk coherently like a fucking adult and quit hating everything. You’re not in High School any more.

But don’t ditch fitch, I guess I’ll just have to stop listening. There are dozens of other podcasts I’m behind on anyway. Too bad, because I like everyone else.

And how your sponsors pay you for butchering their ads with “funny” readings by members of the comedy button is mind boggling. Obviously they don’t QC the content coming from people they sponsor.

3. Samu says:

Heh, yea. The ads are great and if someone actually thinks those are made by Tweaked Audio, that’s kinda hilarious.

Also, I personally never thought Fitch was annoying or anything. I just think he’s funny but usually not on purpose. It’s sort of like why people laugh at Karl Pilkington.

4. shauwn elliot says:

I’d rather stab my own ears with a drill bit that listen to those mongoloids on the “comedy” buttcrack

5. prs says:

pro tip: listen to the comedy button then ull understand the ads better

6. name87 says:

Fuck tweaked audio and its shitty ads. They are obnoxious as hell and because of that, I will never buy anything from them.

Besides that, great show as usual.

7. WangDangle says:

Ditch Fitch!!!
    Ditch Fitch!!!
    Ditch Fitch!!!
    Ditch Fitch!!!
    Ditch Fitch!!!

8. Towers says:

I’ve heard Animal Crossing has been compared to a more comprehensive Street Pass.

-There’s no real objective or goal.
    -You turn dip into it once or twice a day.
    -You can check in on what other players are doing.
    -And you collect and customize your avatar.

9. AroundTheFur922 says:

Adam Fitch needs to go. Ironically his opinion of Animal Crossing mirrors my opinion of his existence on this podcast, “I don’t get it”. His constant stuttering/stammering is akin to nails on a chalkboard. When the other hosts have an opinion he doesn’t agree with, he often interrupts with a stuttering, almost incoherent tantrum that never seems to result in any logical argument, just that they are “wrong” (and usually with a very arrogant tone in his voice). My enthusiasm for listening to this show dwindles with each passing episode in which he is present.

10. BevansDesign says:

You know what the worst part of Animal Crossing is? The part where it forces you to play it, even though you don’t like it.

Wait a minute, I don’t think it actually does that!

Fitch sounds like someone forcing himself to play some NBA game, and is constantly infuriated because it isn’t Gran Turismo or someshit. “Someone tell me why I need to shoot this fucking rubber shit into a basket up in the air”, why won’t Marv Albert sell me a goddamn muffler.