The regular cast is back in this episode, plus my lovely wife. Enjoy the show, and listen for an awesome discount code at the end of the show — just for you awesome Geekbox listeners — that can be applied toward a purchase at WeLoveFine.com, makers of some of the most awesome nerd t-shirts around. My co-host Ryan Higgins particularly recommends the steampunk-themed shirts!

The Geekbox — Episode 156 (2012-02-07)
Wherein we discuss clambakes, The Apartment, Professor Layton, the Ace Attorney movie, the Japanese judicial system, sober Disney marathons (and Hobbit cameos), John Lennon vs. Stephen King, Game of Thrones, the awesomeness of Jeremy Renner, Max Landis’ Superman fan film, WeLoveFine.com, neurotic color-coordination, and Sherlock. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Adam Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and April Scott.
Direct DownloadiTunesStitcherZune MarketplaceRSS

yeah man thanks for the tip WD

2. WangDangle says:

If you watched season one of ‘Game of thrones’ you can skip the first book when you read the books.

3. Kerry says:

I have read all of the ASOIAF books, and the first season of GoT is the first book with a few things from book 2 in the last episode. It’s also very accurate to the books, so I imagine season 2 will follow book 2 with a few things from book 3. Due to book three being huge and covering al LOT of important events the rumor is that they will be splitting book 3 over season 3 and 4, assuming it will get picked up that long.

I really hope that he picks up the speed in writing the last two books. I don’t want to wait six years for The Winds of Winter.

4. WangDangle says:

Rule #1 of guns:
    All guns are always loaded.

There once was a commenter from Nantucket…

6. With Not Without Chu says:

Though she runs for a good cause
    Without her it gives me pause
    And I wait for Chu

Ramble on our nerves and grate
    away all good will; I hate
    this show, without Chu

With not without Chu
    With not without Chu
    Geekbox needs to be with not without Chu

7. Magmaros says:

Just to clarify, Robert Jordan died of Amyloidosis, and Brandon Sanderson is the author who’s co-written the last 2 books of The Wheel of Time. Compared to ASOIAF, its got 13 (soon to be 14, by the end of this year) books written in about 20 years, against ASOIAF’s 5 books in 15 years. I think George R.R. Martin really is just dragging his writing out, and I don’t see how people could wait that long for books. 2 Books in 10 years is a little ridiculous.

On a related note, I’d kill to see a HBO WoT TV show

8. TN49 says:

Gotta listen to this before I go to bed =)