Two fun things this week: First, Max Scoville — of Destructoid and Comedy Button fame — joins us, filling the home-for-the-holidays Justin Haywald’s empty seat. Second, Karen Chu’s starting her own podcast, a trivia/quiz show called Good Job, Brain! She’s set up a Kickstarter project to secure funding for recording equipment, and she’s got some pretty cool incentive prizes for her backers. So check it out, read her pitch, and consider tossing her some cash if it sounds interesting to you. If anyone knows trivia, it’s certainly Karen!

The Geekbox — Episode 149 (2011-12-20)
Wherein we discuss a case of the Mondays, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, TaleSpin canon, The Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer, Star Wars: The Old Republic, the Star Wars Expanded Universe, the Marvel MMO, Facebook and Twitter woes, Kim Jong-illin’, Adam’s Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword report, and Karen Chu’s awesome new project. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Adam Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Max Scoville.
Direct DownloadiTunesStitcherZune MarketplaceRSS

1. Tobiaz says:

Please get Adam Fitch off the podcast, it’s not funny anymore.

Here are some reasons why you should consider my petition:
    1. He wants to interrupt every conversation with out adding anything interesting as he knows very little about any subject, be it videogames or tv.
    2. His stories have no punchline, he just speaks for the hell of it, funny at first, but it’s really getting old.
    3. He’s also rude and will tell the other co-hosts to “shut-up”.
    4. He wants to be viewed as an Asian culture lover but comes off as racist and ignorant. (I’m not even Asian)

Everything else is awesome, keep it up!

Less Adam, more Karen! 🙂

Oh now I get all these asinine comments. This dickweed is from the Comedy Button.

3. BKO says:

There’s no way Adam isn’t hamming it up in character. He can’t be this thick — and he wasn’t in his earliest appearances. Unfortunately, with his need to hijack every single conversation, it’s killing your podcast. We get it Adam, you’re wacky and you say wacky things like “The Tarzahn” instead of Tarzan. No need to beat the gag to death 100 times an episode. Really, doing the Asian voice two episodes in a row? Karen’s exasperation the first time wasn’t enough?

4. God. says:

Instead of berating Fitch, maybe it should be mentioned that you guys are basically exploiting him. After all, if people don’t like him they can just stop listening to the podcast (which I have done with this episode)

In all seriousness, it’s like poking fun of a handicapped person, only instead of mental retardation you have a kid who clearly has issues with ADHD and probably mild tourette’s who obviously doesn’t take his medication before doing podcasts. Who encourages that?

I’m sure some people find it “funny”, but it is kind of sick in a way.

5. My real name says:

I dislike things and people and I am telling people on the internet this.

6. DarthEnderX says:

I think this might have been the greatest episode ever.

In depth conversations about insanely geeky subjects. Fantastic.

Please do whatever it takes to get Max and Patrick onto an episode together.

7. Ian says:

After listening to this episode I have a new dream.
    Max, Anthony Gallegos, and Patrick Joynt. Star Wars Podcast.
    Make it happen.

8. God. says:

Adam Fitch is the most hateable person on the internet. How the fuck can you stand to be around him?

9. Scott Bromley says:

Welcome to Thunderdome, Max.

10. Max Scoville says:

1) I’m not Destructoid. That’s where I work. I realize it’s a difficult concept to wrap yer head around, but I’m a person. Destructoid is a website.. 2) Don’t be a jerk. There’s enough jerks on the internet.

and now aquaman – why isn’t this brainiac working for saturday night live?

destructoid’s incredulity and mockery of aspects of star wars is about as old and tired as it was back in 1996.