It’s our special E3 Expo 2011 episode, guest-starring former EGM editors Sterling McGarvey and Andrew “Skip” Pfister, with a rare appearance by former Geekbox co-host Andrew Fitch. We’ve got a relatively unusual recording setup (one shared microphone) since we’re recording off-site, but it’s a huge step up from last year’s situation. Enjoy our speculative Nintendo fiction!

The Geekbox — Episode 121 (2011-06-07)
Wherein we discuss E3 eating habits, teleprompts, mainstreamed press conferences, Mass Effect, impenetrable sports games, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Beyond Good & Evil, bad emcees, Sony’s mea culpa, the PlayStation Vita, Bing, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Kinect junk, Infamous 2, Super Smash Bros., fighting game professionals, Animal Crossing, the Nintendo D, Dance Central 2, brotherly love, Grand Knights History, Soulcalibur V, Catherine, Dark Souls, the Fitch Hitch, L.A. Noire, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Starring Ryan Scott, Andrew Fitch, Sterling McGarvey, and Andrew Pfister.

1. Mats says:

Wow, that was the worst 15 min of any geekbox I listened to. So much hate, Sterling and Pfizster reminded me of the worst comment posters over at RockPaperShotgun.

2. formerfan says:

Is it possible for Mr. Scott to whine more than he did in this episode? Probably not. Mr. Scott, I understand that Ninja Gaiden is not for everyone, but a bad game it is not. And please stop asking for donations. It’s really off-putting.

…and I’m a geekbox fan! geez, but thanks for putting this together all the same.

I agree about Ryan Scott’s constant whining. Hey free tip – if you’re a grown-ass man who looks like a 14-year-old with a nasal voice to match, this arrogant, self-righteous whining is going to be off-putting to people.

And I have an epitaph for Sterling’s tombstone:
    “Bro”.

5. bammerz says:

The constant whining Ryan makes me wonder why in the hell he is a gaming journalist since he clearly hates everything about it. The most ignorant thing Ryan said was how Bing sucks because its not Google. The Bing search engine for the games and movies within the marketplace and why would Microsoft not use their search engine in a Microsoft product? Ryan you make absolutely no sense.

6. Iceveiled says:

Sterlings belligerent rant on LA Noire was one of the most annoying things to assault my ears in a long time. His claim that they never explain things in LA Noire dumbfounded me. The game DOES explain that you can back out of an accusation. In fact just about every other time I claimed a witness or POI was lying it prompted the clue that I could hit the appropriate button to back out. It’s not like the game play mechanics are complicated. The best part was all the E3 “dude bro” comments he made, then he proceeded to sound like a total dudebro douche about how he went around breaking all the rules in LA Noire. Dude that was totally dope, bro!!! :-\

And Andrew “Vague” Fitch is just annoying, I don’t miss him as a regular person on the show. The reason he won’t say his girlfriend’s name is because shes probably buried in his backyard. Why even have this guy on? He never answers questions or goes into detail about anybody. Having a mute as a guest would be more entertaining.

Soul Calibur because of the story and it’s based on real history? Really?

I still love The Ryans though. Keep up the good work.

7. Tarvis Balls says:

Synopsis: Two man babies (Sterling and Pfizster) cry for an hour and a half about how horrible going to a video game convention was for them, how they hated everything, and how things would be so much better if everyone did what they said. Then, when other people want to speak, the man babies don’t let them. Enjoy!

8. Feanor says:

Ryan sounds like an 8-year old with no thumbs with he talks about Ninja Gaiden. Those games are not that hard to complete on Normal difficulty; all you need is non-retarded motor skills, and the patience to learn the fighting systems.

I’m glad Sterling and Pfizster found some time not smoking the herb to join the podcast. Can’t wait to listen.