It’s the WhoBox this week, as we ramble on about Doctor Who for like half the episode. It’s also our last episode before E3 Expo 2011 — but we’ll have a special cast (and, rest assured, better recording conditions than last year!) for next week’s E3 episode. And make sure you keep your eyes on GameSpy for my team’s awesome E3 content!

The Geekbox — Episode 120 (2011-06-01)
Wherein we discuss FanimeCon 2011, Dalek rage, stage names, Doctor Who, theme music, hundred-percenting Rockstar games, Alan Wake, the Uncharted movie, Legolas: The Lord of the Rings, Duke Nukem Forever, memes, definition misuse, the suckiness of Final Fantasy, and E3 preparations. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, Justin Haywald, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Rose Spinoza says:

I’ve never seen Dr. Who, but I like the Dr. Who talk. …though… part of that may be because I like it when Adam is into something. Hee.

Doctor Who forever

3. mj says:

enough with the doctor who

4. mj says:

enough with the doctor who.. pls

5. Feanor says:

FFXIII sold extremely well all over the world – 5.55 million as of 3/31/10, which only includes first month sales in Europe and North America.

Adam and Higgins were confusing their personal opinion of the game with how well it sold.

6. mujun says:

Hey, don’t want to come off as a know-it-all but Adam was not really accurate when he said that Japanese people don’t use/understand exaggeration. They don’t use “a million” the way we do in English but they have things that are basically the same thing, “yamahodo” for example. I’m sure that nobody in Japan literally has a “mountain sized load” of anything. Or, “shinikaketeiru”. When people say they are “on the verge of death” I don’t think they are really that tired.

Thanks for the great podcast!

7. MM says:

Half of the Docter who part of the episode consisted of the following words : ” and then, uummmm, liiiikkeee, ahhhh, I, ”
    it was really hard to listen to

8. Xiong says:

Final Fantasy died when the characters were able to talk. Thats when they implemented some things that cant translate across cultures, kinda like them having to implement Japanese style anime stuff into the dialogue and the delivery of the dialogue that just doesn’t cross cultures right. Then they played it to safe and branched out in the wrong direction, convoluted storyline. AND YES GET NOMURA OFF FF GAMES! This is just my opinion though.

9. Boph says:

You know, most devices and playback software has this thing called a “fast-forward” button. Give it a try.

10. Tarvis Balls says:

This Doctor Who talk is so fucking BORING. I know you guys love it, but maybe talk about it a bit…less…?