We bid farewell to Geekbox co-host Alice Liang this week, as she prepares to migrate to the UK for the next great adventure of her life. Goodbye and good luck, Alice! Go steal the TARDIS and visit us sometime!

The Geekbox — Episode 114 (2011-04-20)
Wherein we discuss packing, Portal 2 and Internet blackouts (spoiler-free), Half-Life 3, Mortal Kombat, Hanna, The Adjustment Bureau, Battlestar Galactica, Lost answers (sans questions), The Gentleman Bastard, Game of Thrones, author existence failure, cricket, Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (spoiler warning!), episodic fiction, Firefly, Nintendo’s next console, and cellular technology. Starring Ryan Scott, Justin Haywald, Ryan Higgins, and Alice Liang.

1. Eric says:

Dumb story mode in Mortal Kombat? What a joke. It’s hands down the best story mode for a fighting game that has ever been created. I definitely enjoyed it and had a great time. Almost made me turn off the podcast.

yeah ice sounds like something that would bother me too, but I guess I don’t zero-in on it.

did I mention Tina was a dumbass?

3. Lucus says:

post num 1 apparently and iceveiled i cant hear anything.

4. Lucus says:

omg you are pos.

5. iceveiled says:

Whoever keeps doing that nasty throat clearing/hacking sound during EVERY podcast needs to chill out. It’s revolting. I think it’s Ryan Higgins. He probably doesn’t even realize he’s doing it, but it just sounds nasty broadcasted through a mic.

6. Feanor says:

Ryan’s claim that Nintendo can’t use Blu-ray because it’s a Sony technology is incorrect. Sony is just one nine companies who founded the Blu-ray Disc Association. And in 2009 Sony, Philips & Panasonic created a separate, independent licensing company called One Blue to handle Blu-ray licenses, so if Nintendo or Microsoft wanted to use Blu-ray in a new console they could.

There’s also BD4C.

Sony could not block either Nintendo or Microsoft from licensing Blu-ray even if they wanted to – they don’t have a veto over every other company in the Blu-ray Disc Association who would stand to make a lot of money from licensing Blu-ray to Nintendo or Microsoft.

It’s always funny to hear Ryan sound so convinced about a topic he knows nothing about, but I feel sorry for Higgins getting hammered with misinformation when he asked a good question.

Alice is fine. Tina is like cancer to the brain.

8. Jenn says:

You have horrible taste, good riddance to both Tina and Alice.

9. Cristian says:

WTF!? Alice is leaving!? NOOOOOOOO. I already stopped listing to this piece of shit podcast but I loved Alice.I follow you on twitter so whenever you’re on a podcast please tweet it. You’re what Tina is to the Oddcast. Basically the only good participant in an otherwise shitty podcast. I wish my request for an all girl podcast to Tina had come to fruition, unfortunately you and Kat are now gone. =(