It’s the 1st 87th Annual Geekboxies! Enjoy our prestigious (and unusually long) awards show, recognizing the best and worst of the stuff we collectively bothered with in 2010. Oh, and spoiler warning for Star Wars: The Clone Wars viewers: If you aren’t caught up, skip ahead a couple minutes when Patrick Joynt starts talking! You can find the full Geekboxies award winner list in the post directly below this one!

The Geekbox — Episode 102 (2011-01-27)
Wherein we discuss the 1st 87th Annual Geekboxies, awesome games, the year in TV, Oscar nominees, editing Wikipedia, bed intruders, terrible TV personalities, bad movie marathons, The Last Airbender, Wizard Magazine (RIP), vertical challenges, digital media, Dunkin’ Donuts, DC Universe Online, old spoilers, Psych, twisty history, Star Wars: The Clone Wars (spoiler warning!), Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, the Nintendo 3DS, friend codes, and tablet PCs. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Justin Haywald, Ryan Higgins, Alice Liang, Carlos Rodela, and Patrick Joynt (a brief cameo, anyway).

1. Jason K says:

Fast forward when Patrick starts talking? I will take your advice, Mr. Scott.

Carlos is a good guest, unlike that random zwieback they got from the message boards a while ago – what a tool.

Bizarro Fitch was on some horrible EGM podcast a long time ago – I thought it was a weird gag.

Thanks for the awards show, it was great.

Overdue for a Joynt joint.

3. carlos says:

hey all – sorry im lame and havent added a video for this episode yet. ill piece together something from the footage I got and upload it this week.

4. Rodrigo says:

This was probably the funniest episode, I was laughing throughout.

5. Ken says:

I totally thought Karen was a vertically challenged person EVEN after being a faithful watcher of the 1UP show. I had to go back and watch some old episodes to confirm that I wasn’t crazy for missing that in the first place.

Another bizarre assumption, I used to think that Ryan Higgins and Andrew Fitch were brothers because (to me) their voices sounded so similar. Maybe this goes with the idea Ryan Scott was a made up character back in the GFW days.

6. Eric says:

Nice can’t wait to listen with this all star cast of Geekbox past guest. Sadly no Mike Cruz, but at least we get Carlos and Patrick.