This week, Geekbox co-host Andrew Fitch says goodbye — at least in the short term. We wish him the best in his mysterious new job (he’s relocating for a few months, hence the podcast departure), and he will definitely be missed. Not to worry though: We’ve got a new series regular coming on board next week to replace our fourth spot. We’ll save the big surprise until episode 80, but my one hint is that it’s someone you’ve heard on the show before. Also, my good friend and mentor Jeff Green — of Computer Gaming World, GFW Radio, EA.com, and general Internet fame — will be making a guest appearance on next week’s episode. Hell yeah!

The Geekbox — Episode 79 (2010-08-18)
Wherein we discuss Andrew Fitch’s last hurrah, The Expendables, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (spoiler: the world is winning), evil dolls, Burn Notice, The Expendabelles, Madden NFL 11, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Not in Portland, the X-Men: First Class movie (and the horrors of Chuck Austen), Star Wars on Blu-ray, and our upcoming shenanigans at Penny Arcade Expo 2010. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.

1. isthatabear says:

New guy = Patrick Muthafukin’ Joynt!

Re: Star Wars Blu-Ray
    Multiple versions ain’t going to happen. Cause George Lucas thinks his latest version is the only version you should be watching. I’ll bet if he could buy up all the old VHS and Laserdiscs, he would.

2. Joe Podcast says:

Thank goodness. Fitch, I know that other people scare you and your awkwardness socially must be some sort of psychological thing. But in reality you’re not mysterious and you’re not interesting and that fact that you were always so ambigious about your life made me glad that you’re leaving. You’re horrible. Go join Greg Ford in bed you old fart. You’re soooo bad.

3. Iceveiled says:

The star wars blu rays should give viewers the option to watch either the original unedited versions, or the Anniversary editions with additional content. It’s fucking blu ray! There’s plenty of room!

4. Nelson says:

The last time I was able to post a comment here was before Lost went off the air.

It feels good to be back on here. Hopefully my luck will start changing now.

I was wondering if any of you guys watch “Glee”? I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned it before on the podcast.

5. Bernie says:

I just wanted to express my outrage that Karen mentioned Pennsylvania as one of the midwest states she has been to. Please don’t lump PA in with the human garbage that lives out there. Boourns.

6. Juancho says:

i insist fitch sounds like james woods

7. Karen Steaktaker says:

Good riddance to Fitch, hopefully where ever he goes, he’ll be able to finish it before writing anything about it. And it’ll live up to his Fitchpectations!

eff the haters, fitchy was aces1

RIP

9. Harry says:

RIP FITCH

YOU WERE MY BOY!

10. Guillermo says:

Hopefully the new guy won’t be like the last guy who was supposed to fill an empty chair but ultimately stopped showing up because he was “busy with work.” MIKE!!!!