The cast is back in full force this week. And in other exciting news, we’re looking for good t-shirt design ideas, and we’ve also got some announcements regarding our presence at the Penny Arcade Expo in September. Check out the links for details, and enjoy the show!

The Geekbox — Episode 74 (2010-07-14)
Wherein we discuss public transportation woes, the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta, Final Fantasy XIV, Crackdown 2, Blizzard’s Real ID policy, Team Fortress 2 game night, fisting people in Puzzle Quest 2, Dragon Quest IX, Mark Millar’s weird fetishes, the EVO2K10 fighting game tournament, Avengers casting boners, Predators, Burn Notice, Emmy nominations, Pac-Man Arrangement, Geekbox t-shirt plans, and exciting PAX Prime developments. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Greg Ford, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Omg, Who would want to go on a full time diet ,anyone?. Eat how much you want, just dont forget to work for it

2. tv guy says:

It’s time to bring those babies back from obscurity!

Sent via Blackberry

Hey, “true for me, true for everybody”. People usually realize this is naive at about four years old.

4. isaac says:

Whatever you had going on in this episode is why people listen to this podcast.

Good stuff.

5. Brian says:

I don’t think ANY good employers really give a shit about whether you have a WOW account or not, such a silly insecure gamer argument. How would your name on a game forum matter to anyone unless you are being a dick? You don’t want someone to read something, don’t post it. Easy. A little bit more accountability on the net could go a long way to making people more responsible for their virtual actions. I see virtually no trolling on Facebook, where people have their name and picture attached to every word. RealID is good idea, maybe not yet, and certainly not for all users (minors). I used my real name when I registered my SC2 battle.net account because I’m comfortable with anyone, ever, finding out that I played an online RTS, because you know I’m the only one… Let your freak flag fly, be proud to be geeks.

Thank you geekbox for all the great ‘casts. Keep it up!

6. Joe young says:

How do we send a letter into the geekbox?

7. Sarah says:

Spy tip: If taking one day out of your ‘busy’ week to record the podcast is a hassle, just f*cking stop doing it then.

8. Coilfang says:

i’m here from stumbleupon, will give you a thumbs up. holla.

9. [...] web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune [...]

There’s nothing wrong with having hobbies related to WoW, Star Trek, Half-Life, etc., but let’s face it these kinds of things aren’t mainstream by a long shot, and there’s some stigma attached to them if you’re not applying for a job that involves deep fried foods.

11. Iceveiled says:

As a WoW player and somebody who rather enjoys his anonymity, not because I troll, but just because the thought of anybody googling my real name and seeing an entire history of stuff I’ve written on the internet fightens me, the whole WoW RealID debacle freaked me out. Not only that but I feel it’s just enethical. WoW, like many other games, is a place people go to escape – I absolutely have no interest in having my real identity tied in with that. There’s real life, and there’s WoW…I intend to keep them separate.

As for really bad internet forums, Ryan is correct in WoW has to be the most trolled hateful forums in existence. Forums at IGN are pretty bad too. I’m sure there are far worse but I have a hard time fathoming internet boards that are somehow worse than WoW’s. The internet is truly in its wild west age right now. That’s how I like to think of it anyway. Shit is lawless!

12. Travis says:

Geez Karen, why so angry this week? You make me feel bad…;_;

13. Chris M says:

Daigo doesn’t always win. He got 2nd place in a tournament before EVO and has lost money matches at EVO.

He’s still the best player in the world.

14. Guillermo says:

LOL boner talk!

What a great ep.

The fact that Blizzard freaked the F**K out and did a full 180 when they got a taste of their own full exposure medicine is proof positive that the RealID plan was a pile of horsecrap.