We’re back to our regularly scheduled cast (and sound quality) this week, where we get into the nitty-gritty details of the E3 2010 trade show, and some dumb theme park opening in Florida.

The Geekbox — Episode 71 (2010-06-23)
Wherein we discuss Futurama’s impending return, E3 2010 press conferences, the Microsoft Kinect, the Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Move, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Star Wars: The Old Republic, free Xbox 360s, DC Universe Online, Rock Band 3, Epic Mickey, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, our personal bottom-of-the-barrel movies, the A-Team, and Jonah Hex. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Brock Sager.

1. Wizards Wand says:

JK Rowling stumbled on witchy sounding names for instance toadflax, goutwort, grommel, and others in Culpeper’s Complete Herbal, a well-known book of herbal lore from the 1600s.

2. […] The Geekbox: Episode 71 […]

3. Shawn says:

Ryan Scott’s credibility on anything pop-culture related went away the second he said that Titanic’s ending was perfect. Oops I meant Lost.

4. Dan says:

I was going to point out the Hog’s Head but Brad G. beat me to it, and DANG Karen gets a lot of comments.

Nah, she has her moments but it’s the Undynamic Duo that makes it interesting.

We’re overdue for some Patrick – the time is right!

6. Ryan Scott says:

Karen’s the glue that holds this thing together, man — I couldn’t do it without her. She’s awesome! 🙂

7. Kajaah117 says:

I never knew people actually hated Karen. I always thought it was an inside joke I missed at some point.

Dude, Karen is the shit. When she’s not on the Geekbox, I’m actually reluctant to listen. She can be very enthusiatic and she brings a good amount of energy to the podcast that is obviously missing when she’s absent.

BTW, the Konami was the most embarrassing press conference I’ve seen, ever. Poorly translated teleprompters, badly told jokes, bizarre Lucha Libre’ slap-fight moments, technical hiccups, etc. Everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

How did you guys manage to draw the conclusion that Karen was hating on Asian-y Asian people?

8. karen says:

Captain Curmudgeon, he’s our hero!
    He’s gonna knock excitement down to zero!

9. will says:

Welcome to another issue of the Grumpbox, where we struggle with our OCD, hate on new things, and love anything with nostalgia! With our four powers combined, we create Captain Curmudgeon!!

🙂

10. Padriec says:

Karen is not the only one on the podcast with outlandish ideas sometime. They’re called opinions, everyone’s entitled to them.

11. Rose Spinoza says:

Jesus. So many people harping on Karen for stupid things (I’m talking comments, not RScott n crew.)

Anyways, I think Karen’s indicision-ness is cute. I too have troubles sometimes making decisions in games. If only because now-a-days I can only play a game once. It’s not something that will keep me from playing a game, but still.

Also, I loved Karen’s report on the HaryPotter section of IslandsofAdventure 🙂 . And yeah, it gets hot here in central Florida, but I kinda like it :p . (To answer your question on how FL’s can stand it though, most people tend to try to stay inside ^^;. )

12. Steve says:

Karen is the Geekbox as Kate is to LOST. She is so damn annoying and that fact that she can’t make a choice in a freaking video game because it will keep her up at night. That almost made me stop listening because she is so fucking annoying.

13. Emil Kieri says:

Next time Ryan you record on the go.
    Bye the one linked bellow its 99 dollars, and it is fantastic. Just put it on a table and push record.

Best regards from Sweden

I think Karen doesn’t care for asians who act asian, and I’m not even joking.

15. ProtocolSnow says:

I have a different take on Konami’s press conference. Karen kept harping on how embarrassing it was to see the Japanese speakers give presentations, but I thought they were incredibly refreshing. They were relaxed and casual, looking like they were enjoying their time on stage and showing true passion for their projects. Karen wants professional speakers… well, some of the American presenters at Konami were very polished and well-rehearsed but sooooo boring.

16. Brad Grenz says:

The Hog’s Head totally appears in the Order of the Pheonix movie. It’s the place the kids first meet to talk about creating Dumbledore’s Army.

17. […] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss […]

I like Karen’s point – I’m sick to death of jaded-assed games journalists. Open a flower shop and gtfo already.