Podcast co-founder Greg Ford guest stars on this week’s episode. Hell yeah! Also, for those of you who are planning to pick up Red Dead Redemption later this month, Geekbox forum users dabeast0976 and Mr_eX are organizing an RDR “Unachievement” contest that kicks off May 18, and they’ve even gotten Rockstar to throw in some special prizes for the winners. The challenge: Complete the game with the fewest achievement points possible. Head over to the forum thread for details, and may the worst player win!

The Geekbox — Episode 65 (2010-05-11)
Wherein we discuss Santa Cruz’s biggest mysteries, Iron Man 2, Mega Man: The Movie, our dream videogame films, Super Mario Crossover, the smartest person on the Geekbox, Doctor Who 5×04, the Harry Potter theme park, Lost 6×14, listener mail, and a very special Geekbox forum contest. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Greg Ford, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Nelson says:

So tonight is the final new episode of Lost before the two hour series finale on Sunday. It would be really nice if ALL of the fans of the podcast could hear it tonight BEFORE Lost comes on. This is a special, once in a lifetime occasion, right? This is one of the best television series ever to air, right? RIGHT? Somebody back me up, anybody…

2. Brandon says:

Just listening to this episode at work. Loving it so far. I am kinda shocked that no one knew how to make a TV go black and white. Seriously?? I thought this geekbox was full of geeks, not techno tards?
    It’s simple, just go into your picture setting and put the color down to zero, tada! All done. No need for Higgins to convert everything. Love the podcast, keep it up! Woooo!
    Oh, and I’m a Canadian gamer who does all the things you expect a Canadian to do while gaming. Does this make you think less of me? Would love to hear a reply.
    Alittle more info if you need it. I’m 26, own my own home, have a cat and dog, live with my gf of over 5 years, own all 3 current consoles, a good gaming pc and two DS’s.

3. Nelson says:

@ Lost fanatic

Yes, fine, you have the ability and the God given right to complain about “Lost” for the rest of your natural life, possibility even into the afterlife, forgive me for overstepping. :p

David Tennant was very good, but Eccleston gets brushed aside like some step-child. He helped relaunch this whole thing in awesome fashion.

And yeah, to all the Doctor Who talk haters (and that’s how it spelled by the way) go download a Desperate Housewives podcast or something.

5. Scott C says:

Little late but I think the most disappointing thing in this season of Dr Who is how noticeable the budget cuts have been on the show. Some of the editing and special effects have been noticeably worse than previous seasons.

The writing overall though, has been a notch above previous seasons. Russell T Davies’ deus ex machina plot devices got so absurd by the end of his run on the show.

6. Lost fanatic says:

@ Nelson I’m sorry but your full of it if you say we can’t complain about Lost cause it’s almost over.

Anyone think that Isabella (the sheriff) from season 3 of Lost would have made the perfect real life Dr. Girlfriend if she was younger?

7. WB says:

HATE the Dr. Who talk. Could not care less. I’d love more LoL talk though, even if it’s a one sided discussion

Mike Cruz is the Vera (Cheers) of the Geekbox

9. CallMeSarge says:

Yeah man, i love City Hunter, that whole film is like an acid trip! Best bit is the hallucinatory breasts as burger bit – yum!

10. Adam says:

It’s a toss up between Blink and Midnight, personally.

Oh man- what if Moffat had written Midnight?

11. Navin says:

Jumanji, also directed by Joe Johnston

12. Navin says:

After talking about the weeping angels, I became interested in Dr. Who. Even though I haven’t watched any of the episodes, I like hearing the geekbox talking about it.

13. Josh says:

Keep talking about Dr. who please! ^^ Also I agree Ryan the best episode of that run is Blink.

14. […] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss […]

15. OmniAvenger says:

Talking about Mudron’s work and you didn’t even mention this one?

Available for a paltry $5.00US http://brodeo.storenvy.com/products/4599-brodeo-reunion-pax09-poster

16. Nelson says:

Lost is almost over so I don’t see any point in complaining about it anymore. I wanted this cool Geekbox community where we ALL sat down and listened to Geekbox and a discussion of the most recent Lost episode and then turned on the tv and watched the newest episode afterwards but since we only have 1 new episode left and THEN the series finale, it doesn’t really matter anymore.

After this week’s episode I feel like I have no idea what is in store for next week and the series finale so a discussion would be cool but it’s all speculation. If I had to guess I would say that everyone that watches Lost will probably be left with far more questions then answers, as usual, and there will probably be a lot of fans that are unhappy with the show’s writers and producers when all is said and done.

Then again it’s possible that in this final 3 hours of Lost all will be revealed and all of our questions will be answered AND during the reveal we will all be entertained and captivated as well (yeah, right).

The whole series has been excellent, basically right from the start, so who can really complain? I just know that I will personally miss the show and the characters. This is one of the coolest shows that I have ever watched and I can’t see ABC ever being able to fully replace it with something equally as good or as interesting.

I do enjoy Fringe and I think that show is awesome but it still doesn’t quite measure up to Lost. Anyway….

17. Travis says:

Son of a bitch! Why do you always post right before or during the new Lost? Always a week late on the discussion…>_<

18. Guillermo says:

Jackie Chan in City Hunter…