If you haven’t seen Clash of the Titans, look out — I go on a 20-minute-long tirade about it this week. If nothing else, perhaps you will be entertained enough to think “man, I wish Ryan Scott hated more stuff.” Like that’s possible. :)

The Geekbox — Episode 61 (2010-04-13)
Wherein we discuss the horrors of morning radio, Penny Arcade’s harrowing encounter with the worst podcast ever, Clash of the Titans (and a bit of Greek mythological learnin’), Burn Notice: The Musical, cool ensemble caper movies, Scott Pilgrim, Konami’s recent press event, and Lost 6×11. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Brock Sager.

1. Beau Rosser says:

Geekbox guys and Karen,

The Geekbox is one of my most anticipated podcasts I listen to each week. Don’t get yourself down. It’s probably because I love Lost and look forward to the spoiler talks each week.

However, it seems that, outside of Ryan, the other podcasters don’t have the same enthusiasm for Lost that Ryan has. Mr. Scott, I will record a LOST podcast with you and it will be amazing.

Karen Chu is the Andy Dick of any group.

3. Guillermo says:

Wait I got it figured out!

Ryan Scott-Malcolm Reynolds: The leader who steers things into the right direction.

Karen Chu-Zoe Washburne: Second-in-command and matriarchal figure.

Ryan Higgins-Hoban “Wash” Washburne: The goofy guy who controls the base of operations(Wash pilots the ship, Higgins owns the comic book store.)

“Roadie Brock” Sager-Jayne Cobb: Da muscle.

Andrew Fitch-Shepard Book: The wise old man with a mysterious background.

These have been the nerdiest post I have ever made.

4. rwiggum says:

I have to say, I’m really sad to hear you call Jordan, Jesse Go “the worst podcast ever.” I’ve been listening for about a year now and it’s consistently one of the funniest shows I listen to. Jesse Thorn (the host of The Sound of Young America, a.k.a. a pretty legitimate broadcaster) and Jordan Morris are extremely smart and funny guys. Their shtick might be hard to pick up on at first (I had a lot of trouble with the first couple of episodes I listened to), but once you start to get into the groove it’s fantastic. If you want to give it a second chance, I would recommend the recent episode with Chris Hardwick, the host of G4′s Web Soup, a regular on Attack of the Show and one of the funniest/smartest nerds/stand-up comedians around. They are very much on the same wavelength as each other and have some great riffs. There is a reason that Jesse Thorn didn’t initially want to release the episode with the Penny Arcade guys: It wasn’t very good. He didn’t want a poor episode with two standoffish guests who didn’t want to join in to give people a bad view of the show, and judging from your reaction, with good reason.

Bottom line: Don’t judge it by the terrible “lost episode.” Go listen to the Chris Hardwick episode instead. It’s great.

5. Pat says:

what’s the e-mail address for reader mail?

6. Jimmy says:

Judging from the first 10 minutes it seems like just a giant bitch fest so far. Worse than whats-her-name getting mad about Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Still, quite a while to go.

7. Guillermo says:

Just using the standard Five Man Band. Fitch is the lancer mainly because the lancer is suppose to get around the most. Anyone can be considered your second in command, maybe Karen might be more since she’s the only other grown up. To be more specific I’ll use Firefly character.

Ryan Scott-Mal

Karen-Zoe

Ryan Higgins-Wash

Brock-Jayne

Fitch-Uhhhh…Inara?

8. Ryan Scott says:

Guillermo, you’ve totally got Fitch and Higgins backwards. :)

9. Guillermo says:

According to TV Tropes, your Five Man Band would be:

The Hero-Ryan Scott

The Lancer-Andrew Fitch

The Smart Guy-Ryan Higgins

The Big Guy-Roadie Brock

The Chick-Karen Chu

Also if Mike Cruz ever comes back then I guess he’ll be the Sixth Ranger since his appearance will be a total surprise.

10. [...] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss [...]

11. Harry says:

She’s not a call girl! she’s a hooker! When they’re dead they’re just hookers!

12. Myckel S. says: