Karen’s out with a case of laryngitis this week, but 1UP.com‘s Alice Liang joins us in her stead. Also — as we discuss in this episode — Geekbox forum regulars Mr_eX and LiQuid are hosting an Xbox 360 Achievement competition through the month of March, so make sure to check out the thread for participation and prize details. And enjoy this week’s episode!

The Geekbox — Episode 55 (2010-03-02)
Wherein we discuss comic artist Nick Simmons’ rampant plagiarism, Lost 6×05, PlayStation 3 meltdowns, the Geekbox’s Xbox 360 Achievement Point contest, Mega Man 10, baseball videogames, exceedingly insane auctions, Burn Notice 3×15, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, listener mail, and violet proto-drakes. Starring Ryan Scott, Mike Cruz, Andrew Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Alice Liang.

1. Kibosh says:

OMG I heard Ryan being referred to as a “newfie” and I lost my mind.

Its not too often I hear the west coast using that term or even knowing what it means.

Kudos!

2. Nelson says:

For the record, I really enjoy having Alice on the show. She has a nice voice, she’s smart, and she brings a lot of energy to the podcast. The podcast as it is is good but I think Alice improves it when she is on.

no, that’s any Shawn Elliot podcast

4. bob says:

holy crap. alice liang is like having an immature child on the podcast

5. MightyTACO says:

Just have to say that there is the definitive baseball game, and that is The Show. MLB2K10 has some cool features with the Skate like pitching mechanics. But on the whole, presentation and gameplay, The Show is the best baseball simulation out there right now.

6. boomerz says:

Alice rocks. She needs to be on the show more often!

It’s good to have Mistah Mike Cruz back in the saddle. With the Lost stuff and Ryan Scott having chilled the hell out – these are some pretty sweet episodes.

8. Travis says:

Damn it! You guys always post the new podcast the moment after the new Lost airs…which ALWAYS leaves you talking about last week’s episode. PLEASE, at the very least, post the podcast one day earlier…I beg thee!

9. Dusti says:

“Dusti said…

What if in this “flash sideways” Faraday is a girl and David’s mother, OOHohhOHHH, hey, it explains the music.

February 26, 2010 9:40 PM”

Posted on: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4107098311078832120&postID=3525202902418862644

The Faraday girl theory was mine!

10. [...] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss [...]

True, but Alice can ink my pencils anytime.

12. Nelson says:

SDF no you didn’t :p

Leave my girl Karen alone. There’s nothing wrong with having a “strong” female presence on the show.

Karen speaks her mind and she’s not afraid to say what she thinks. I respect that.

So on occasion she likes to snack on the air while doing the podcast? Aren’t there worse sins? Can’t we all just get along? I ask you! :p

13. Auxin says:

Posted too late to listen before Lost.

That is all.

It’s awesome to have an actual female on the podcast (and yes, I’ve heard the ones with Jade too). Get it? Oh snap.

15. LiQuid! says:

URL for the thread about the chieve contest:

Post your gamercard from http://www.mygamercard.net/ or at least your gamertag and current point total to enter.

Lasts the whole of March starting today. It’s not super serious, and I personally will be all but done with it after Pokemon drops in a few weeks. The prizes are silly, but at least you have the potential to win my autograph which will be worth millions some day! Join up and play for fun and justice!