Tonight’s the night: the premiere of Lost’s sixth and final season! Going forward (at least for the next 16 weeks), I’m going to try to publish the podcast on Tuesday mornings/afternoons so we don’t fall behind on our Lost talk. Enjoy!

The Geekbox — Episode 51 (2010-02-02)
Wherein we discuss Foursquare, Vegas vacations, Burn Notice 3×11, Mass Effect 2, Darksiders (spoilers!), White Knight Chronicles, Wizard: The Magazine of Absolute Failure, Star Trek Offline, classic Mega Man, SF Sketchfest, outdated TV rating systems, the Fall of the Lich King, and the first four minutes of Lost’s sixth season (spoilers, obviously!). Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Mike Cruz, Andrew Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Mr Drifter says:

I’m with Air Chordan. I want Patrick as a regular!

I find episodes without him, I’m always dying to interrupt (usually Fitch) with my own opinion but can’t… Where as when Patrick’s on the show, he almost always jumps in with exactly what I’m thinking 🙂

2. Pathbeast says:

Love me some Geekbox! Keep up the great work. Go Team Geekbox!

3. Air Chordan says:

Aww, poor Patrick. I happen to like what he contributes to the show, but I can see where his enthusiasm might come off as condescension to some people.

Don’t you people consider the fact that they obviously read these comments? Cut him some slack. Something tells me he is our best hope for funny LARPing stories.

I’m looking forward to LOST talk, as I’ve spent the last few weeks catching up from the beginning. I can’t count how many times I’ve been too ‘sick’ to go out the last month because of that damned show.

For what it is worth, Mega Man 3 is my favorite of the series. I can’t speak much to the difficulty, as it has been well over a decade since I last played them all, but I remember being blown away by the stage design and the music.

4. jackelbeaver says:

Megaman and Bass is a great one that alot of people pass up but you really shouldn’t, although bass is almost required because he’s got so many moves that he’s practically like a megaman x character he’s so incredibly overpowered.

5. DrainDeimo says:

Great show you guys (and girl) 😉

6. Reptar says:

thank you for not having patrick, his defense of Avatar was one of the worst I have heard on a podcast

7. asd sad says:

star trek online is broken beyond belief, how the fuck can u launch that game with almost no PVE content for the second faction?

the fact is cryptic makes cookie cutter mmos, and the game has little imagination and is simply incomplete.

literally one of the worst mmo launches ever, hell SWG launched in better shape.

8. […] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss […]

9. Any Mouse says:

My girlfriend is now a listerner (on her own) to your podcast. So talk a lot more about LOST. Thank you.

The Patrick hate is kind of sad really. Hate on an authentic piece of human filth like Rush Limbaugh or something – a case where mankind actually would be better off without.

11. Ben says:

Wow to the Patrick hate. Personally I think it makes things more interesting to have different personalities on the show, but you really hate him with every fiber of your being don’t you?

12. Bobby says:

Great show this week , glad there was no Patric on this episode, such an arrogant fool, he may of chilled a bit from his first appearance but end of the day he showed his true colors which was in a form of a lesson on how to be a condescending prick.

13. Rishard says:

I don’t know if the TV ratings system has changed, but a friend of mine participated in the Radio version, and its changed significantly.

Now they carry around a box with them that is constantly listening, and it will automagically determine what station and show your listening to. You don’t have to do anything but keep it with you wherever you go.

14. Nelson says:

The podcast did contain spoilers for “Lost” at the very end, but fortunately I wasn’t able to finish the entire podcast like I usually would have, because ironically, the very episode of “Lost” that would have been spoiled, even just slightly, came up so quickly that I didn’t have time to finish the podcast beforehand like I usually would have.

The episode was great, but as usual “Lost” leaves you with even more questions when it’s all said and done.

Why’s Fitchy gonna play it safe like that?

16. Ben says:

Heroes is a complete joke and it’s only the hope that Lost will be awesome that keeps me going. You guys should check out Fringe because ’tis equally awesome.

Also, the font size for form elements is too large. Adjust it to be as follows:
    #commentform .textform {
    font-size: 13px;
    }

You’re welcome.

17. Nelson says:

Ryan, I’m halfway through the season premiere of Lost and I’m thrilled and horrified at the same time. I don’t know what’s going on! :p

18. Peter says:

Gabrielle Anwar just tweeted this site, its the least bot like thing shes done on twitter.

19. Guillermo says:

I don’t want to start any flame wars, but I don’t get all the hatedom for Heroes. While I do think season three was a disorganized piece of crap that jumped too many sharks, I thought season two was okay and season four has definitely been redeeming the show with a more intriguing villian that manipulates people to his side and a much more morally grey story. I do think Hiro being magically cured of his tumor was a big “deus ex machina” though.

20. Broken says:

FUCK LOST and your commenting system for not allowing a 9 character comment.

21. Dylan says:

I used to be that guy that would grab people to sell them timeshares. The “not married” line totally works.

We were told to target single women, two or more women together, or couples (but only married ones).

22. W0lfbl1tzers says: