Everyone’s favorite guest host, Patrick Joynt, is here to derail the podcast once again!  Nah, just kidding, we love Patrick — and we hope you guys do, too. Enjoy the show, and please Digg it (and review us on iTunes if you haven’t already!). Also: Today only, you can (and should) check out IGN Entertainment’s IGN for Haiti live 12-hour webathon, as they’re raising money for a good cause. And if you can’t tune in, hit the link to their eBay store to check out all the game-related stuff IGN’s auctioning. All proceeds will go to the Habitat for Humanity charity fund.

The Geekbox — Episode 50 (2010-01-27)
Wherein we discuss website redesigns, the Eatbox starring Karen Chew, MFing Avatar, Burn Notice 3×10, Buffy Season 8, the Gabrielle Anwar scale, Lost season 6 predictions, Mega Man, Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment, BioShock 2, dumb MMO character names, helping Haiti, and Mass Effect. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Ryan Higgins, and Patrick Joynt.

1. OsakaJack says:

agree with scott re patrick. it sort of seems like karen keeps him in check…or is it ryan who keeps him on a leash? KnowhatImsayin? Wink wink…the hell am I talking about?

anyway, I agree with KC, the website sucks and so does LOST. Do love the podcast though. I rated it one star on iTunes.

2. john says:

more Patrick!!!

3. isthatabear says:

Patrick Joynt is awesome and hilarious. Brings great balance to the show. Love how Patrick and Karen argue and play off each other. Reminds me of my girlfriend and I if only my girlfriend liked video games as much as I do.

Keep up the good work guys (and gal). Also, Karen is right. The Geekbox page sucks! What the hell? Time for a revamp, Ryan.

4. […] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss […]

I’m a fan of the Joynt product. Where can I subscribe to the newsletter?

6. asd sad says:

never helping u with ratings in itunes.

itunes sucks,

7. OrangeBoxFleece says:

Karen, you have talked with your mouth full!! ugh.. im sorry ill stop shitting all over you… STOP EATING FITCH!! 🙂

8. OrangeBoxFleece says:

p.s….. i thought the Karen Chew thing was funny… as its chewing and talking fighting for dominance of the microphone….

9. OrangeBoxFleece says:

NO WAY!!??!! Karen is eating, you don’t say!!!!! i just.. just cant believe it…. Great, well ill give it a shot… sounds like im hating all the time, but i do like the show.. just no people who do care about doing shitty radio. And Patrick isnt so bad… i think the reason i wasnt into him is that he actually did what Ryan asked him to do, and that was to defend Final Fantasy with everything he could muster… and if you lost sight of the challenge it made him sound argumentative.. any way here we go. again ill try to listen!

10. Scott says:

I’ll admit it, I hated Patrick after his first appearance. But he dialed it back a bit on his follow-up appearance and this newest episode, and it makes for a much more enjoyable listening experience. I don’t mind someone with strong opinions (even when I completely disagree with them) – it was just the way that he dominated the conversation during his first time on the show that really rubbed me the wrong way. Now that he lets other people talk, I’m happy to hear him contribute to the show.

11. Ian says:

Karen eating the whole time once again.

And what’s up with Patrick always complaining about his sore runners’ nipples? That jerk probably thinks he reshaped the entire sore runners’ nipples industry I bet. Know-it-all!

Oh sheeeit I can’t wait to listen to this joint!