We’re back in action with the regular crew this week (and a much more easily digestible running time!). Enjoy the show, and don’t forget to Digg. Seriously — if last week’s podcast had a Digg for every comment, that would have been fantastic!

The Geekbox — Episode 35 (2009-10-15)
Wherein we discuss the uproar over last episode’s guest host, Dragon Quest and boycotts, really stupid bands, shocking comic mysteries (with a nod to the dumbest Internet message board theory you’ll ever hear), 2009’s lineup of awesome DC animated movies, Planetary #27 (beware spoilers!), giant Tekken 6 arcade machines, Tales of Vesperia, Legend of the Red Dragon, DJ Hero, John Lithgow’s ass (and how much is too much), New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and an amazing Fitch Hitch development. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Mike Cruz, Andrew Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Justin says:

Seconded on the poor sound levels. This show was torture to listen to on headphones. The only way was to play it loud off speakers and sit really far away 😛

I’m on the fence with Mr. Karen Chu. I like what he brings to the show, but his arrogance is annoying and not the Shane-esque funny/entertaining.

2. WickedCobra03 says:

Oh, BTW, Fitch, good luck on your dating marathon, I want you to report back asap! Like the others side, you are going to be wiped after all those dates. Not from supposedly shacking up, but it does take a lot just go out with friends each day of the week let alone with a “romantic interest” You can do, you will just we tired.

3. WickedCobra03 says:

Not a bad show. Like said, love to see (well hear) Karen Chu back. I don’t know why but I am a fan. Started listening for Fitch, Ford and Ryan and now Karen is probably my favorite.

By the way Karen, did you ever learn how to drive yet? How was your husband at teaching you? Did you find another teacher? A tip for nervous driving is; either people have it or you don’t, you seem like it is just something you are going to have to work on. I think there are 2 people, people who can drive and people who need to learn. I mean when I was 15 and actually hopped into a car and actually drove down actual roads, I was as comfortable as Winne the Poo in a honey jar. I have been driving dirt bikes, sport bikes, atvs, skiboats and jetskis since I was a kid so I guess I kind of had a leg up. My sister was one of those who had to work on it because she was just real sketch about everything going on around her. But now she is just fine, I kind of just went along with her when she was learning and now she is great.

4. Robert says:

Great show this week, please don’t ever have Patrick Chu on the show again, I honestly felt my blood boil listening to the arrogant condescending prat that just loves the sound of his own voice, the thing is he is quite intelligent but he uses his intellect in a very condescending manner, he is very manipulative and often uses his intellect to shoe horn people into agreeing with his point of view.

5. Vandrig says:

Really like the show guys, but this week in particular you need to look at your mic levels. Either Karen was eating her mic or Ryan was leaning waaay back, but i would strain to hear Ryan and then my ears would bleed (from volume only) when Karen spoke up.
    Good luck with your dates Fitch.
    Oh and really enjoyed Patrick, but only small doses at a time. Kind of reminds me of “Back in Black” on the Daily Show. Funny and entertaining for about 5 minutes, then it starts to grate.

6. SkinnyPupp says:

So I am not a regular listener to Geekbox, and skipped last episode. I decided to check it out to see what all the hoopla was about, and was severely disappointed. As usual, it all came down to a bunch of butt-hurt Sony fanboys who were unhappy to hear their system get “pwned”.

Guys, he thinks the PSP Go Sucks. You think it rules. Move on.

Unlike Fitch and his irritating “reverse xenophobia” that drives me fucking nuts, Patrick wasn’t nearly as annoying. I’ll happily listen to more Patrick than more Fitch, who is the worst type of nerd that exists.

7. satchfuji says:

Don’t listen to the vocal minority. Patrick was awesome and should ‘cast some more pods.

8. trippingmartian says:

Jason Todd in Alfred’s body! lol

9. David says:

Bring back Mr Karen Chu. He’s Geekbox’s Shane Bettenhousen

10. OrangeBoxFleece says:

…great to have Karen back.. no offense but your dude.. kinda difficult to listen to… idk.. seemed like he was trying really hard to sound intelligent… and maybe he is.. it just sounded stressed. p.s. i must say though, he is a lucky guy!!

11. Ruven says:

Nominate The Geekbox for the podcast awards.

12. […] | web | mp3 | iTunes | Zune | rss […]

poster ‘October 15th, 2009 @ 8:18 am’, you’re a lowlife piece of s**t

Putting Patrick on the show will take this show to the next level. Pandering to crybabies will retain a loyal fanbase of a few hundred shut-ins, and gurantee 6 or 7 diggs a week.

15. Rob says:

Sweet cant wait to listen to this episode.

..and hear thoughts from Karen about her Husbands ramblings lol

16. Travis Faulds says:

Glad to have the original crew back. I’m not sure exactly happened with the sound this week, but Karen is really LOUD, and Ryan is super quiet.