Andrew Fitch is off at Tokyo Game Show this week, leaving us to nerd out without him — hopefully all five of us are back together next week. Enjoy the show, and please don’t forget to Digg the podcast, and review it on iTunes!

The Geekbox — Episode 32 (2009-09-23)
Wherein we discuss Japanese field trips, Michael Emerson’s Emmy win, season 1 of Dexter, fake-ass movie computers, the awesomeness of RiffTrax, the possibility of a fifth Indiana Jones film, the Advertising Walk of Fame (WTF!?), Arkham Asylum’s multiple endings, the ultimate World of Warcraft achievement whore, interesting smells, the secret origin of Willy Wonka, Canabalt, the biggest HDTV of all time, and Ron Gilbert’s DeathSpank. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Mike Cruz, and Ryan Higgins.

1. hector says:

This was my first listen to your podcast, and I gotta say, I don’t think I’ll be tuning in again.

Couldn’t even get through the whole thing. Listening to constant chewing and eating is not something I look for in my podcasts

2. Eric Morris says:

Hi Ryan,

I was wanting to know what program do you use to record and post your podcast to itunes?

btw.. Keep up the awesome work! love the show!!!

3. Mark says:

It was actually a double-fail on the Emmys.

Dr. Horrible did show up (as already noted).

And actors actually do submit one episode for consideration. Michael Emerson submitted “Dead Is Dead.”

4. OrangeBoxFleece says:

YEEEAAAH yet another fun creamy sounding podcast full of human mastication… thanks to whom ever brought the cookies!

5. Arcitee says:

BOOO how could you guys NOT talk about Dr. Horrible’s segment at the Emmys!

6. D.Wayne says:

I love the podcast, but whoever is chewing gum FUCKING STOP IT.

Please.

7. Tom says:

Here’s the link to the Dr. Horrible bit they did on the emmys.

And here’s the link to Joss Whedon’s emmy acceptance speech for a Dr. Horrible.

8. barnodian says:

I’m one of the kids sitting in front of them at the panel. Don’t worry Karen you guys weren’t being jerks. But if you want to fly me out to San Fransisco and forgive me in person, thats fine with me. 🙂

9. Leeb says:

I just watched Tinman a few weeks ago, and I have to agree with Ryan… “Zooey Deshanel, mmm”

10. YOU LIE! says:

He won’t talk about his phreaking past, because he has none. He read about it. Poseur.

11. d1nonlyclo says:

Crystal Skull wasn’t really anything great but if you think of the first three Indiana Jones movies in the spirit of 1930s serials (which is also about the time the movies take place). Crystal Skull lifts a lot of it’s story points from communist and science-fiction serials of the 1950s.

King of the Jungle Shia Lebouf can still go to hell – do not know what the appeal is with that guy.

12. OmniAvenger says:

Fake ass movie computers… watch as much of The Net as you can bear.

13. renfah says:

good show this week but you fail on the emmy talk – there was an entire dr. horrible bit with the whole cast (nathan fillion, felicia day, nph).

14. […] [web] [mp3] [iTunes] [Zune] […]

15. dh_jin says:

yay no fitch!! best episode ever!!

hahaha honestly tho funny episode this week.

Michael Emmerson is pretty amazing, but i’d totally be like wary of him irl.

LOOL scyfy? geekbox canon hahahahaha

hahah karen the old man hahaha…. but yeah crystal skull was such a disapointment. the fridge thing was funny tho, not beliveable at all but not really the point.

and the blind guy article:

16. John says:

The movie you guys were thinking of with Ice T is Surviving The Game.

17. jermm says:

Nerds rope is amazing, best candy product ever.

18. W0lfbl1tzers says:

Hells Yeah!! I’m sure it will be an awesome episode.