This week’s episode is a little bit early (or, well, back to being “on time” since I used to try to publish on Tuesdays) — we have an extra-special, somewhat time-sensitive contest that I want to roll out. It’s called “Win a Date with Fitch,” and if you are a single woman in the California Bay Area, you can enter by sending an e-mail to winadatewithfitch at geekbox.net (spaced out and unlinked to deter web spiders — I’m sure you can figure it out). The contest is pretty open to interpretation; pictures and personal profiles/likes/dislikes/etc. are welcome. We’ll be evaluating entrants for a chance to win a date with Geekbox co-host Andrew Fitch, and we’re hoping to have some candidates by next week. So please, Digg this podcast so more potentially lucky ladies can hear all the details!

The Geekbox — Episode 21 (2009-06-30)
Wherein we play matchmakers for an absent Andrew Fitch, reflect on Burn Notice episode 3×04, talk about crazy Japanese TV shows and movies, praise/rag on Transformers 2, discuss the crazy life of a copy editor, observe Celebrity Death Week, and marvel at the unflappability of Greg Ford. Starring Ryan Scott, Tom Edwards, Greg Ford, Ryan Higgins, and Susie Ochs.

1. IKNOw says:

I met my girlfriend at Starbucks. She was a friend of friend. We played chess. I won the game. We have been together 4 years.

2. Debo says:

I think a better name for the contest would have been “Get Hitched with Fitch”. I am pobably alone on this.

3. Gert says:

So you discriminate transvestites and gay people (just joking).

A date with Fitch? How much do you pay me.

4. Koimon says:

Where exactly is that audition video on the site?

5. Karl Rosner says:

Well I’m done, I don’t think I’m going to listen any more. The balance between geek talk and sad romantic discussion has tipped to far in the favor of the latter. I’ll get my Ryan Scott at gamespy, I’ll miss Karen though.

6. Paul says:

I thought with Andrew Fitch being off the podcast this week would mean no mention of “Fitch Hitch”, but I guess was I wrong.

I’m sure I’m not the only one uninterested in the segment and could do without it on the podcast.

the reason Karen ignored your “greetings” is because asians can smell an act a mile away. it’s obvious you douchebags were entertaining yourselves, far from “greeting” anyone with any sincerity.

geeks hate women

9. quake says:

I liked the guests in this episode.

10. chuck21222 says:

I’ve been listening to Geekbox since you started, and of course before that it was Legendary Thread, GFW, etc… Your female guest this week did not help your show. In fact I had to stop listening about halfway through. I missed Karen in this show. Susie doesn’t compare….

11. Kieran says:

When I first started the podcast I heard Tom Edwards talking and he said his name, but it didn’t register with me. Then I said to myself, “Wow, that sounds a lot like Tom Edwards from Maximum PC”. Then I was like YESSSSS.