Here’s this week’s episode, which will be our last time together before E3 Expo 2009! We’re planning to deliver a good show full of E3 insights next week, and hopefully with some special guests.

I also have a very cool announcement: As some of you may have heard via this press release, we’ve partnered with Hammersuit (in conjunction with our pals at Bitmob and Rebel FM) to form a loose podcasting network (that’s shorthand for “we’re all still publishing our content independently, but cooperating for a much-more-impressive packaged traffic number”). Exciting! I’ll be directing folks to a brief reader survey very soon, so please check back for that. And thank you, everyone, for making this a podcast worthy of such an alliance — I can’t do any of this without your support!

The Geekbox — Episode 17 (2009-05-27)
Wherein we discuss the terrible Terminator Salvation, our building excitement for Burn Notice, next week’s E3 Expo, Plants vs. Zombies (and why Ryan can’t stop playing it), Oregon Trail on the iPhone, swine flu, and the latest Fitch Hitch update. Another raw edition, by popular demand! Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Greg Ford, and Ryan Higgins.

1. my favorite character on the Plants Vs. Zombies game is none other than the Michael Jackson zombie.”-,

2. Frank says:

Yeah, the eating at the beginning caused me to unsubscribe from Geekbox. It’s absolutely disgusting.

dear business minded,
    Perhaps when you leave college (highschool?) and actually partake in actual business, you can comment. It is you, sir, who completely missed the point.

4. Lee says:

Fitch has to quit being so uptight about his personal life, its a turn off.

5. hypn0t1c says:

Why are you guys wasting half a podcast on Fitch’s personal life? Do you think people are listening to “The Geekbox” to hear about some dude’s personal life that they don’t know? I don’t mind if this is a 5 minute quick segment, but when it consumes half the podcast, it’s annoying. I actually skipped ahead 15 minutes and when it was still ongoing I felt a comment needed to be posted. I was a long time GFW radio listener, and a sports anomaly fan, you guys rock, but keep it on subject, seriously.

6. Joseph Cousin says:

Looking forward to E3 podcast! Woot!

7. Joseph Cousinesu says:

It’s weird: if Terminator: Salvation is so bad, why is the average score for it on IMDB a 7.3?

8. business minded says:

sdf: Benjamin E.’s feedback is not useless.

If this podcast is becoming a product that drives people away, then the creator’s would be fools for not listening. Saying f*&! you to customers who would otherwise consume is how to lose a business and any interested base. That practical matter is separate from a general right or wrong question as to whether it is alright to eat on mics as they do. If a group of people are bothered by something and no one actually wants or needs that aspect of the product (though they might ridicule those displeased since they see nothing wrong with it), then any sensible cost-benefit analysis says that problematic aspect should be done away with.

9. Patriots74 says:

Master Higgins is probably right that most people are fine with the RAW editions of the podcast but the best part is that it is posted much quicker. I seem to rmemeber when you guys started this podcast it was up in the first half of the week but as time when on I wasn’t seeing the thing up till like Saturday.

Anyway I have no doubt the new Terminator movie sucks, 3 was also terrible. I think most people agree that 1 and 2 are still far and away the best.

10. Scott C says:

I agree mostly with Master Higgins about Final Crisis, though I don’t think he explained it too well. If anything, it displayed how much of a total badass Batman is. There he is, a mortal, taking on a cosmic god like Darkseid and he BEATS him.

That isn’t really Grant Morrison’s fault though, since he was forced to kill Batman.

I completely disagree with him about Final Crisis being an event that you have to research and sketch out though. You only have to do that if you want to know every single little thing that’s going on and who every character is. Otherwise, it explains everything that you need to know for the actual story and doesn’t try to over-explain things (which is a common problem in comics).

11. iampickle says:

they mentioned that James Cameron doesn’t do too much cgi, but his next movie i believe is all shot in front of a green screen. Still looking forward to it alot.

ps geekbox gives aids.

12. Jon H says:

Higgins…what a goose.

“Yeah, they don’t have matinee prices anywhere. My evidence for this is the local theater. Pretty strong evidence huh?”

Benjamin E.,
    feedback like yours are useless and deserve to be ignored and ridiculed. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

14. Sprout of Wrath says:

Great show.
    Also I have to agree about the comments on the Matrix. The second was great too but the third really sucked. in fact most of it was ripped off from Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert.

Jesus like character fighting a war, loses sight but can still see, dead wife, sacrificing himself to the ominous power (the sands / machines). Total rip off.

15. [...] ? [web] [mp3] [iTunes] [Zune] [...]

16. karen says:

I want to see Higgins’ highschool goth pictures!

17. Kholdstare says:

You know the worst part of the new Terminator movie? When it comes to the Terminators actually you know… terminating.

You would think these crazy strong robots would use their strength to at the very least crush the people they’re trying to kill. Instead they just throw people into walls and give the person another chance to run away.

And why do these machines use miniguns? For such an advanced AI you would think they could run some calculations and shoot rifles with pin point accuracy. Hell, we have computers that can do that now!

Terminator sucks.

18. Benjamin E. says:

I’m not going to be listening to any more episodes.. within the first few minutes of this one, they bring up someone emailing them and asking them to not eat into their mics on the show and they mock them. The sound of someone chewing and stuff while talking is too gross to keep hearing every show :( Cya

19. J K says:

Master Higgins’ girlfriend is going to France, right? That’s gonna trash Karen’s suggestion to watch Burn Notice via Hulu since Hulu only works inside the US. I’m afraid she’s going to have to use less-than-legal means to obtain her weekly Burn Notice fix.

Also: yay for high school pictures!

20. Josh says:

Sweet jebus, this is a great episode. And a wonderful podcast.

21. V says:

Waiting on those high school pictures. Just a before and after of Fitch would be great, too.

22. dave says:

I love this show!! Honestly the only podcast worth listening to.

23. Billium says:

Wahoolie! Looking forward to another great podcast!