For this week’s episode, we’ve gone raw and unedited. Enjoy! Don’t forget to Digg and review us on iTunes!

The Geekbox — Episode 16 (2009-05-20)
Wherein we discuss Bitmob’s launch, the Lost season 5 finale (big spoiler warning!), Greg Ford’s desire to kick Sabretooth’s ass, Greg’s take on Star Trek (more spoilers), Gabrielle Anwar’s potential summer wardrobe, the awesomeness of the new Punch-Out!!, and our new World of Warcraft recruitment drive. This experimental episode is raw and uncut — every awkward pause and weird comment is fully intact for your enjoyment! Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, Greg Ford, and Ryan Higgins.

1. […] with The Geekbox’s Sweet 16 episode that we give this most excellent podcast the keys to what we hope is a long and prosperous […]

2. Just let the podcast be. As long as you’re not completely blank on any subject, it will be fine.

3. would you believe that i can play Plants Vs. Zombies from 6am to 6pm ;;

4. the thing i like about plants vs. zombies is that the graphics are cute–.

5. Plants and Zombies, the best game of the year.’;

6. Squirrels Unite says:

Loved the Raw podcast.
    Just want to let you know the writers explained the cliff in Iowa.
    It’s a quarry, they dug that giant hole for raw materials for the massive starships they are building in Iowa. The shipyard is in Iowa, thus the recruiting station is there for all the kids who see these awesome ships and want to sign up. The bar is there for the workers and new recruits to have somewhere to go.

7. Wolfen says:

Raw is the best way to go. This was the BEST or all your guy’s podcast. Every unedited bit was hilarious and full of stuff we need more of. Please keep the raw status. It ROCKS.

8. Patriots74 says:

Ryan is now on record at least twice as saying that the Punch Out!! character Vodka Drunkenski was seen only in Japan. That is not true. The character was part of the 1985 Super Punch Out!! arcade game that was available here in the U.S.

This episode was raw like coleslaw. Great.

10. iampickle says:

geekbox raw, unprotected…..geekbox gives aids.

11. backmask666 says:

i raw-dogged a hooker in central america once, or a few times

12. mrlogical says:

[minor star trek spoilers, tho i imagine if you care you’ve seen it at this point]

Karen and the Ryans are absolutely correct that the relationship b/w Uhara and Spock was being heavily implied in the scene where she wanted to get on the Enterprise, but Greg Food is also correct that she wanted to get on the ship because it was the best. I interpreted that scene as Uhara saying hey, this is the best ship and I’m the best student, don’t screw me over and put me on a lesser ship just to avoid the appearance of impropriety because of our relationship–it’s not favoritism, I deserve this. I don’t think she wanted to be on the ship because her man was going to be on the ship, I think her character was established as ambitious and she wanted to be on the ship because it was important to her career. But I think we can all agree that Fitch can’t read women. I wonder what Mystery thought about that scene…

13. Jon H says:

Karen must have accessed some sort of secret difficulty mode in Plants vs Zombies…my six year old had absolutely no trouble playing that game.

14. Wayne says:

Honestly, every podcast should be raw unless something wrong happens during the podcast. Regular conversations have awkward pauses, weird comments, and laughter. It just feels more natural.

15. jermm says:

Next episode needs Ryan bitching about getting the TF2 achievements, even though you don’t need them for the weapons.

16. Dan says:

For stankit, they are completely done with Star Trek at 47:00. I’m still listening though, so as long as they don’t get into spoilers twice, you are safe.

I love the podcast. You guys are wonderful! Someday I have to come down to Sunnyvale and check out the comic book store.

Also, for the record, I did Von Kaiser’s head thing when Ryan said it.

17. Sean says:

Fitch is once again my hero.

18. Ken says:

Hey guys,

Have recently started listening to you in the last three or four episodes, and I just wanted to say that I’m really enjoying the podcast so far. My absolute favorite thing about your podcast relative others out there is the length. As far as I’m concerned, an hour is the perfect length (at least for me) for a podcast. Seems like most of the more popular game and pop culture podcasts out there these days have just gotten too long-winded. Love the guys at Listen Up, for example, but I really don’t have time to wade through two-and-a-half hours, sometimes pushing three, to get my fix. With yours, I can walk into the gym, cue it up, and be done with the show when I walk out.

Anyway, the show rules, keep it up!

19. Hailin says:

I am listening to the episode right now and was laughing when I heard that the Canadian guy from Punch Out is from Salmon Arm BC. I live 20 minutes from there. It is a tiny town of probably less then 20K people. One of the Devs must have been from there as that is a really cool addition.

For a podcast movie night you should watch Strange Brew to see flagrant use of the words Eh, and Hoser. Cult classic a must to study the deep and hoppy Canadian culture.

20. Ben says:

I don’t know if I’m comfortable doing this raw, but if everyone else is doing it I guess it’s ok.

21. stankit says:

anyone have the exact time when the Star Trek spoilers are over?

22. Myckel A. Soto says:

Karen owns both Ford and Fitch’s balls.

23. […] ? [web] [mp3] [iTunes] [Zune] […]