Apologies again for the week-long absence — hopefully our friggin’ awesome intro makes up for it!

The Geekbox — Episode 15 (2009-05-15)
Wherein we discuss awesome summer movies (AKA Star Trek), horrible summer movies (AKA Wolverine), the lead-up to Lost’s season 5 finale (spoiler warning), the impending return of Burn Notice, competitive crossword puzzles, Piston Honda (with an A), the lack of Kid Icarus sequels, the death of 3D Realms and Duke Nukem Forever, a Dharma Initiative food drop we recently received, and exciting career developments. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.
Running Time: 56m 58s

1. Thanks a ton, you have put a smile on my face. Now why don’t you add a bit more humour to the article?

2. Nazz says:

I’d highly reccomend FRINGE as a tv show to latch onto. It starts a bit slow and is very x-files, but it gets much better in the second half of the season. I should also mention that the showrunners are the writers for Star Trek (Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman) and produced by JJ Abrams.

3. BrokenJpg says:

Geekbox gives you aids.

4. Tommy says:

What is the Comic that Fitch or Higgins was talking about? The next-gen alt universe Star Trek one.

5. flare says:

Stop fucking eating shit while on mike, please.

6. CripsanBludz says:

quit effing eating on the podcast! gawd!

7. Scott C says:

I completely agree with Master Higgins opinion on the constant killing off of characters on Lost. I hate watching a show and internally going “oh no, please don’t kill [character]” every time something is about to happen.

And to relate it to comics, it’s something I really don’t like about a lot of the books DC are putting out these days. They seem to gross scenes whenever they want, probably based off the idea that the shock value will help it sell. So they ended up turning Teen Titans from a good, fun book into a disgusting, torture pron book. It’s gross and has made me drop a bunch of books I used to enjoy.

8. mr.x says:

Yay, you guys didnt skip this week.

Ya I also liked watching Breaking Bad while I could. I dont have cable though 🙁

My mom that is 50+ years old and she said Wolverine was good. So I guess….. some people still liked the movie I guess.

9. backmask666 says:

geekbox is my favorite podcast / radio show since adam carolla left loveline.

first time I’ve been to the site, and surprisingly ryan isn’t as much of a spindly bitch as his voice projects.

ps. keep up the good work, and how can you not be a star trek next gen. fan and be a geek??????????

10. vasectomy says:

check out a show called Breaking Bad. it might not be as geek-ish as lost or burn notice but it’s an excellent show. plus it might give you something to watch and discuss while waiting for the last season of lost.

11. Jamboots says:

Awesome! Thanks for this guys, love the podcast.

12. […] ? [web] [mp3] [iTunes] [Zune] […]