LATE WEEKEND EDITION! And another long one, too. I hope my random laughing fit in the latter part of the show doesn’t screw anything up too much. As usual, please Digg this article and review it on iTunes if you enjoy the show!

The Geekbox — Episode 11 (2009-04-10)
Wherein we discuss idiotic April Fools’ jokes, the value of comics, Master Higgins’ lack of reading, piracy, Hollywood reboots, Hidden Mickeys, delicious snacks, Punch-Out, the latest on Lost (spoiler warning!), Nintendo’s wacky methods, Geoff Johns’ rumored JLA run, and our “best Lost theories” contest. Starring Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Andrew Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.

1. Graeme S says:

Long ones are good!

2. Maxathon says:

Theseus? Lot’s wife? Seriously?

It was Orpheus, who was told not to look back at his wife Eurydice when he entered the underworld to rescue her. Come on, people.

3. Rubedo_Hawk says:

The Hades myth that I know of which most matches Lot’s pillar of salt is actually a myth of Theseus. He ventured into the underworld to help his friend procure a wife. That wife happend to be Persephone the wife of Hades (a really wise choice). Theseus sat at the table of Hades rather than leaving the underworld and became stuck untill Heracles came down and ripped him from the seat. Theseus left a portion of his buttocks behind BTW.

4. David says:

about remaking Jaws – Kevin Smith was writing a script for a Jaws reboot in the mid 90’s (he talked about this on his podcast a few months ago), but if I remember, Spielberg said that as long as he’s alive Jaws will not be remade. But it was close!

5. WMD says:

Ryan scott moar comic and game talk.

6. Alan says:

A note: the PSP is region-free. Always has been, as far as I can tell.

7. Chris R says:

Fitch is awesome! Dont pay attention to haters…
    personally i cant wait for his fitch hitch updates, mostly cause it sounds like hes in the same boat more-or-less as i am

and really i enjoy his opinions on comics and movies…mostly cause i share the same feelings towards them, and that i far prefer most manga to american comics (generally)

peas!

8. George says:

I really wish that Fitch wasn’t on these podcasts. He seems to bitch and moan about everything. He’s such a bloody downer.

9. Haakon says:

Thanks Guys, good episode!
    Perfect for doing the dishes while drinking some beer at 12:00 at night 🙂

10. Ben says:

Re: The reason there is no GBA cartridge port on the DSi

Answer: So Nintendo can sell you all the games you already bought again.

11. dave says:

good stuff!! one of the best podcasts on the web!

12. […] ? [web] [mp3] [iTunes] [Zune] […]

13. […] icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. Digg The Geekbox: Episode 11 – geekbox.net 04/11/2009 LATE WEEKEND EDITION! And another long one, too. I hope my random laughing […]

14. […] Read the rest here:  The Geekbox: Episode 11 […]

15. Adam says:

Yay! I’ve been checking this page all day. And how fortunate that it should appear as soon as I finish with ListenUP.