The Geekbox: Sort of a Big Deal!

As of right now, the first episode of The Geekbox is #1 on iTunes’ Video Games and Games & Hobbies categories, #3 in audio podcasts, and #6 overall for all podcasts (audio AND video). Oh, and we’re up to over 18,000 downloads, if anyone’s curious. 🙂 I want to thank everyone who has supported/listened to the podcast. And if you haven’t subscribed on iTunes, what are you waiting for!?

Oh, and just to whet your appetite — Episode 2 will be released next Wednesday, January 28. Woot!

38 Responses to “ “The Geekbox: Sort of a Big Deal!”

1. Greetings! Can I use images from your blog for my school research work?

2. Jake says:

Awesome podcast. Can’t wait for #2. A really entertaining cast.

3. DaSmisker says:

MAN! Just found out about Geekbox and it excites me something wicked (oh wait, that didnt come out right).

D/L-ing rite now, will sample it most attentively at the first opportune moment!

Great to see you are back in the buisness Ryan, do love your stuff.

Cold greetings from Sweden

4. Jonah says:

Ryan, I completely agree about Tetris!

I actually just did a post about it on my own gaming blog: http://www.wingdamage.com/?p=71

Keep up the great work, Geekbox. I can’t wait for the next episode.

5. BBC says:

I couldn’t finish listening to the podcast because of that one guy that kept saying “like” a dozen times in each sentence.

6. Sean says:

Did you count the direct downloads and the Zune downloads as well? Or is the just the number of downloads on iTunes?

7. Im not Herbert says:

Ryan… dude, buddy, man among men… you didn’t apologize at the beginning of the new podcast. So, -1 style there- but, like, + 57 awesome on the rest of it. Glad you all are keeping the spirit alive and I’m looking forward to the next ‘cast.

8. topherisagopher says:

Another comment… this one @ Mannix;

I totally agree. I would pay 10 dollars a year or even 15 a year if content was as up to par as it was at 1up but also do a lot of their own interesting things with the community, devs…ect. If you bought everyone together again, and yes, even got shane to quit his new job and come back, I would pay. I am in no way a Shane super fan or anything, but there is something that I really like about his opinions and just his general input into a discussion where his knowledge really comes through on a subject. Bring the 1.)journalism side, 2.)podcasts; PC podcast, 1Up FM and one other audio podcast. And then 3.) Bring those video guys in from the 1UP show which is now Area5 and I would totally be there!

Keep donating people!

9. topherisagopher says:

You are thanking me for listening to you guys…? Well if I have to put up with Ryan Scott and his terrible hosting abilities I might as well subscribe and get it over with…. lol

In all seriousness guys. I loved your last show, Fitch history and dating advice along with the GTA talk and the better coverage of Persona 4. There was like no coverage of Persona4 during the holidays. I mean I know it is not a big game, nor is it a PC game; but at 1UP and every where else it was totally passed up!

10. Trevor Kerr says:

Ryan, as of right now you’re not #6 overall anymore. Congrats 🙂

11. Chris says:

major gratz to Ryan and everyone ex 1up/egm for staying on their feet and continuing to produce great content! keep up the great work

12. Cube says:

Been changing all my Rss feeds to auto download the cast to all my mp3 devices to rebel fm and geek box and sadly turned it off to all the 1up.com shows since there not getting updated anymore….

Oh the rss…They work now by the way when i tried server must have been busy or something got time out errors..

If i used Itunes or zunes I would have subscribed but I don’t.. im anti ipod/ zune hope Rss download counts towards Advertizement scouts impressions.

13. Kevin says:

Did you ever end up gettin those Sam n Max cover art designs from the 1up offices?

14. Ryan Scott says:

Susie: You can be on my podcast anytime, assuming it’s cool with your corporate overlords. Shoot me an e-mail and we’ll talk about getting you on the next one.

Matt: My favorite Lost sites are lostpedia.wikia.com and lost.cubit.net.

15. Matt Rehmer says:

Hey Ryan,

I heard you mention some good lost websites on a LAN party episode, what are your favorite sites?

thanks, matt

16. Marc says:

Great episode.. I so love the idea of you guys, ESG, and Area-5 forming a media group. I would pay for that. I can’t wait for the next.

17. Susie Ochs says:

Hell yeah! Congrats on Episode I. Need an in-studio guest who can speak on topics such as the iPod touch’s potential as a gaming platform, how to build stuff out of Rice Krispie Treats, and how gross that Nintendo cereal from our childhoods was?

18. Mannix says:

area5.tv
    eat-sleep-game.com

Where Gamers NOW call home!

P.S. I just had an incredible idea. Area5, ESG, and Geekbox should combine to form one media group. This would make perfect sense. You have the support of the community and btw, I would totally pay for a subscription for anything you folks put out.

19. bay says:

so i’ve finished listening to the first episode, it was good to have the groundwork for the pod-cast of characters. i think i’d expect more video game talk in the future, but as it was, this was an entertaining episode to listen to while working. catch your next episode when it drops.

20. Jon H says:

Right on, can’t wait for the next episode. 🙂

21. Kevin says:

Neextt week???? Like, no show this week????? NooooooOOOooooOOOoooOOOooo POR QUE??!!!

22. Anthony Gornicki says:

Dugg, subscribed, and reviewed! I can’t wait to hear the next one 🙂

23. Tydas says:

Good Stuff, no offense but I hate some of those crappy podcatching software, Itunes is so much better…keep up the good work and do not be afraid to ask for doantions! I’ll give again, I’d love to see this podcast continue and have you dedicate good time to it…

24. Ray Mercier says:

Great stuff, gang! Also – Dunkin Donuts are incredible, and I don’t want to move out west if they don’t have them there. It would be a strange mystical land without them 🙁

25. John F says:

Really Enjoyed the podcast looking forward to the next episode soon will send a donation on payday, subscribed

although it is missing the sound effects of everyone munching on snacks, hopefully epp 2 you can chow down on some wonderbread

26. Billen says:

I really, really hate the Itunes application. Got the file through direct download, though.

Counting those aswell? 😉

27. king says:

For the record: I download podcasts through RSS with Media Monkey on my game PC and with iTunes on my MacBook.

28. S1LENT_ASSASS1N says:

That some pretty good news and I already subscribed to the itunes feed as soon as it first went live, looking forward to episode 2.

29. Churchy says:

I despise iTunes, but I subscribed to the straight rss, and left a review on iTunes 😀

30. Ricky says:

Sorry can’t stand iTunes… but gave you Zune Love….

31. the world's savior says:

URRRRAAAAAHHH!
    Ryan is the hero!

32. The Geekbox is great! Keep ’em coming!

33. Brad Carter says:

I listened to it yesterday, was a fun show.

34. ediddy999 says:

I will be a loyal followers as long as you are creating content. This is a revolution and I am a minion! Keep it up and I will eat it up.

35. Chris Ryan says:

A great show you guys have put together. Just has that really fun feeling when I listened to it. Can’t wait to hear you on Rebel!

36. Keep on keepin’ on, Mister Scott. Hopefully you can monetize this bad boy and get yourself some revenue coming in. I was entertained by your first show and I just hope you guys keep up the energy.

Oh, and as long as some of you are still unemployed for the moment, I’m still going to hammer in the suggestion for a tabletop game to get going with you guys. RPG or board game, something persistent. Bust out.

37. Ryan Taylor says:

Great to hear! If I get iTunes, I’ll subscribe, and I’ll be downloading every episode for sure!!

38. Kenny says: